Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Shoujo

FirstBornTriplet
It is better then what one mother claimed to do on Christmas. She was divorced, she asked her children not to give gifts to their father for Christmas so he felt that they forgot about him. Then she found out one of her children made a card for him, she bought a whole bunch of gifts for her and then tried to return them making her envy the gifts saying she could have had them if she listened, then she made her watch her brother get gifts that he liked.
Where did you hear or find that story?

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
fairy-phoenix
FirstBornTriplet
It is better then what one mother claimed to do on Christmas. She was divorced, she asked her children not to give gifts to their father for Christmas so he felt that they forgot about him. Then she found out one of her children made a card for him, she bought a whole bunch of gifts for her and then tried to return them making her envy the gifts saying she could have had them if she listened, then she made her watch her brother get gifts that he liked.
Where did you hear or find that story?
someone wrote about the mother on some blog or something I just hope some of it is being embellished. Forget which blog. Then again you never know, divorced parents often want to hurt their spouse and don not know they are hurting their children in the process. One person who worked for an organization shared a story about how a mother beat her eight year old son to make the father look abusive. She claimed she found him scarred and beaten after he visited his father. It turned out she beat the child to keep him from the father by framing him. I forget where but there was some blog with lots of stories about how parents were abusing their children.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

FirstBornTriplet
Yuki_Windira
FirstBornTriplet

That is one ******** up woman....
The child is going to be ******** up also, this is one of the worst forms of abuse. Then a while back I shared another story about a father forcing his daughter to claim a co worker sexually abused her because they had an argument, threatening to kill her hamster various ways, drowning in the bath tub while putting its cage inside. Injecting it with poison if she does not say she was sexually abuse. Luckily in this case they found out the father was forcing her to lie and took her from his care and put her in a foster home, but with parenting like this you have to wonder why children turn to drugs, or harming others.
I remember that one,makes me wonder if these assholes just breed in order to have someone to punch around.:/

Lavish Romantic

Verata Starline
Wow... seems some folks forgot that Santa only gives presents to good children and naughty ones get lumps of coal. And Christmas is not really about toys and all that. So good on these two biggrin Children who are old enough to know that they are misbehaving but choose to keep it up should not be rewarded.
Couldn't agree more!

Lavish Romantic

Sailor Tin Nyanko
If you cancel Christmas you interfere with tradition and punish others.

If you keep Christmas then you keep tradition and keep the spirits of others up.
Don't make the mistake of putting "tradition" on a pedestal, dearie, especially one that originated by overthrowing the "tradition" of another culture and only perpetuates egotism. (Sure, it may be claimed that Christmas is about "the spirit of giving", but ultimately, all I ever see/hear from kids regarding Christmas is "Look what I got for Christmas!!".)

Besides, if you read the article you'd know that they were going to use the money they're saving on what-would-otherwise-be-toys-that-their-kids-will-outgrow-in-a-year to donate goods to the needy. It doesn't sound like they've "punished others" at all. On the contrary, it seems they've actually got the right idea about the "spirit of giving". Maybe their ill-mannered kids will even learn a thing or two.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Aunchie_Sana
Sailor Tin Nyanko

If you keep Christmas then you keep tradition and keep the spirits of others up.
Don't make the mistake of putting "tradition" on a pedestal, dearie, especially one that originated by overthrowing the "tradition" of another culture and only perpetuates egotism. (Sure, it may be claimed that Christmas is about "the spirit of giving", but ultimately, all I ever see/hear from kids regarding Christmas is "Look what I got for Christmas!!".)

Besides, if you read the article you'd know that they were going to use the money they're saving on what-would-otherwise-be-toys-that-their-kids-will-outgrow-in-a-year to donate goods to the needy. It doesn't sound like they've "punished others" at all. On the contrary, it seems they've actually got the right idea about the "spirit of giving". Maybe their ill-mannered kids will even learn a thing or two.

I believe that since the woman is a co-owner of the site it is all a stunt.

This way she makes more money by getting more advertisement and more customers.

Tradition, Holiday, Structure,.... Normalcy. If one kid was acting up it would be stupid. *is tired* Even if all three are acting up, you are bending reality to them. That's not normal and not a good move. You are making them feel like they are the center of the universe on some level.

The real reason we have Holidays in December is because Human Beings can't handle the reduce in sunlight combined with every other problem winter brings. Even if we didn't have Brick, Metal, and Cement... we'd be doing something in Winter. The Suicide Rates go up. People are screwed up at the start of winter. So Holidays are scattered there to keep people from killing themselves or killing others. Just to help a little. Some people think they are all screwed up only because of the Holidays... blah blah blah. No, it's a ton of things that would be effecting Humans even if there wasn't such a thing as a Holiday and we all lived in tents.

But,.. no,.. the point is if you punish everyone you break normal and you reinforce the world being centered on them. The world isn't centered on them. It goes on without them. Reality does not warp because of their actions. Things should progress as normal. The Tree and Lights should go up as normal. Relatives should visit and be visited as normal.

Of course, as I started this out, I think this is just a stunt anyways... because of a great number of things. The woman to write the article is co-owner of the site. There is a photo that makes me think this is a stunt based on a kid's expression. The person that wrote the article makes, sells, and donates things... so her making things and shipping things out isn't new.

She's profiting from claiming Christmas was Canceled in her Household.

Totally a stunt.

If you want to teach real children a lesson make them work to earn their gifts. Have daily, weekly, and monthly charts tracking their negative and positive behavior. If they want to unlock a gift then they have to do it through behaving well and doing positive things. I'm so tired but it would help so much. Regardless of if they earn or lose their gifts Christmas should go on with or without them. It also wouldn't be fair if one child turned out to be the origin of most of the problems but the others were being punished for their behavior. Having charts would help figure out some issues. It's not everything but it's a lot more then " *throws tantrum about children being kids* No Christmas! *doesn't try any other parenting*"

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Yuki_Windira
FirstBornTriplet
Yuki_Windira
FirstBornTriplet

That is one ******** up woman....
The child is going to be ******** up also, this is one of the worst forms of abuse. Then a while back I shared another story about a father forcing his daughter to claim a co worker sexually abused her because they had an argument, threatening to kill her hamster various ways, drowning in the bath tub while putting its cage inside. Injecting it with poison if she does not say she was sexually abuse. Luckily in this case they found out the father was forcing her to lie and took her from his care and put her in a foster home, but with parenting like this you have to wonder why children turn to drugs, or harming others.
I remember that one,makes me wonder if these assholes just breed in order to have someone to punch around.:/
I think some of these are just not being able to say no to sex and then not being able to deal with raising a child, but sometimes men who abuse women probably marry them so they abuse them more.
This is fine. It's good to see some parents teaching their kids that their actions have consequences that they are responsible for.

Lavish Romantic

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Aunchie_Sana
Sailor Tin Nyanko

I believe that since the woman is a co-owner of the site it is all a stunt.

This way she makes more money by getting more advertisement and more customers.
Touche, that does change things.

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Tradition, Holiday, Structure,.... Normalcy. If one kid was acting up it would be stupid. *is tired* Even if all three are acting up, you are bending reality to them. That's not normal and not a good move. You are making them feel like they are the center of the universe on some level.
On this I must disagree, because those kids (possibly not the 5 year-old unless he's in kindergarten) are going to show up at school and find out that Christmas went on without them for everyone else in their peer group. That should teach them that the world isn't stopping for them and that they missed out as a result of their behaviour. Of course, the onus is really on the parents to make sure they understand it.

Sailor Tin Nyanko
The real reason we have Holidays in December is because Human Beings can't handle the reduce in sunlight combined with every other problem winter brings. Even if we didn't have Brick, Metal, and Cement... we'd be doing something in Winter. The Suicide Rates go up. People are screwed up at the start of winter. So Holidays are scattered there to keep people from killing themselves or killing others. Just to help a little. Some people think they are all screwed up only because of the Holidays... blah blah blah. No, it's a ton of things that would be effecting Humans even if there wasn't such a thing as a Holiday and we all lived in tents.
With the world in its current state, I agree with this. There is definitely need for celebration to keep the spirits up in winter but I don't think the method we've come to rely on is effective in the long-term. Ever notice how much colder the world is after Christmas? And I'm not just talking about the weather...

Sailor Tin Nyanko
But,.. no,.. the point is if you punish everyone you break normal and you reinforce the world being centered on them. The world isn't centered on them. It goes on without them. Reality does not warp because of their actions. Things should progress as normal. The Tree and Lights should go up as normal. Relatives should visit and be visited as normal.
This all depends on how the parents handle their "cancelled" Christmas. If they still do all the "normal" stuff, such as decorations, family visits and dinners and giving (without receiving) gifts and whatever spiritual lessons they associate with Christmas, then they're handled it beautifully. I agree that kicking out the non-greedy elements of the holiday is going too far.

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Of course, as I started this out, I think this is just a stunt anyways... because of a great number of things. The woman to write the article is co-owner of the site. There is a photo that makes me think this is a stunt based on a kid's expression. The person that wrote the article makes, sells, and donates things... so her making things and shipping things out isn't new.

She's profiting from claiming Christmas was Canceled in her Household.

Totally a stunt.
Knowing the information you shared with me about her means, I agree with you about her motives. She could still use it as a chance to teach her kids something but the reasoning doesn't feel right when there's profit to gain from it. Ultimately would be teaching them the wrong idea entirely if they're "in on it".

Sailor Tin Nyanko
If you want to teach real children a lesson make them work to earn their gifts. Have daily, weekly, and monthly charts tracking their negative and positive behavior. If they want to unlock a gift then they have to do it through behaving well and doing positive things. I'm so tired but it would help so much. Regardless of if they earn or lose their gifts Christmas should go on with or without them. It also wouldn't be fair if one child turned out to be the origin of most of the problems but the others were being punished for their behavior. Having charts would help figure out some issues. It's not everything but it's a lot more then " *throws tantrum about children being kids* No Christmas! *doesn't try any other parenting*"
This is what my parents did while I was growing up. We got a card from Santa at the beginning of every December and we had to fill it with "chore stickers" and "good deed stickers" if we wanted our gifts from the jolly fat man every year. It's sad that the world has forgotten that Santa used to give coal to naughty children (and the parents wonder why their self-entitled brats grew up to be good-for-nothings, LOL).

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
This is a good thing 2 teach there kids but still doesn't mean they will 4get that they didn't get presents when they are older so they shouldn't be surprised 1 yr when 1 or all of them say "remember that 1 yr we didn't get gifts" so its on them. mrgreen

Newbie Fatcat

8,025 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Member 100
  • Profitable 100
bad parenting in the first place why do you let your kids be rude to each other in the first place you have to as the parents show them right from wrong

Lavish Husband

I agree with their decision.

[edit] It's important that kids learn what the holiday is really about.
You know what I'm getting this year? Pencils, a blanket, and maybe a sketchbook.

I'm perfectly happy with these things, despite the fact that I'm spending a buttload on everyone else.
Because it's about giving. smile
The sooner kids understand this the better. Trust me, Christmas specials don't teach kids anything.
We have to do it.

Lavish Husband

Cosmic Rena
This is a good thing 2 teach there kids but still doesn't mean they will 4get that they didn't get presents when they are older so they shouldn't be surprised 1 yr when 1 or all of them say "remember that 1 yr we didn't get gifts" so its on them. mrgreen

Honestly, it's one Christmas. If they hold onto that, they're being petty.

Besides, "Remember the _ hours I spent pushing you out out of my body. Yeah."

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Gray Flashbacks
Cosmic Rena

Honestly, it's one Christmas. If they hold onto that, they're being petty.

Besides, "Remember the _ hours I spent pushing you out out of my body. Yeah."

but still its kinda petty that they wont give there kids stuff for Christmas they could @ least give them clothes instead of toys.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff