Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

Cops: Sister kills brother after he threatens dad

Quote:
PIKEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Wayne County deputies say a woman shot and killed her brother after he threatened to hurt their 85-year-old father.

Authorities said 39-year-old Jenny Rowe was not charged after the shooting around 8:20 p.m. Friday at a home in Pikeville. The investigation into the killing continues.

Investigators said 50-year-old Glenn Rowe was dead by the time officers arrived.

Deputies have not said why the man killed threatened his father.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/20/cops-sister-kills-brother-

Wintry Dragon

A tragedy, but I'd like to know more about the circumstances.

Tipsy Smoker

A mali
This is all I could find. DX How do you feel about her not being charged?

Wintry Dragon

Chahklet
A mali
I'm afraid I cannot form an proper opinion just yet. Is this some sort of modified self-defense case? Was the father incapable of defending himself and the daughter did a heroic deed? I'm not even sure why the brother was threatening their father. Depending on the circumstances, the daughter would have felt some real threat and she had to resort to extreme measures to stop the brother. Personally, I would have just taken out his knee cap, but I'm not that good a shot. sweatdrop

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
A mali
Chahklet
A mali
I'm afraid I cannot form an proper opinion just yet. Is this some sort of modified self-defense case? Was the father incapable of defending himself and the daughter did a heroic deed? I'm not even sure why the brother was threatening their father. Depending on the circumstances, the daughter would have felt some real threat and she had to resort to extreme measures to stop the brother. Personally, I would have just taken out his knee cap, but I'm not that good a shot. sweatdrop
This article states that he was threatening and appeared to be in the process of harming their father.

Wintry Dragon

Ratttking
A mali
Chahklet
A mali
This article states that he was threatening and appeared to be in the process of harming their father.
It does look like the circumstances favour the daughter's actions.

Tipsy Smoker

Ratttking
A mali
Chahklet
A mali
Thanks!

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I...don't know...how to feel about this crime.... neutral

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This looks like this was going for some time otherwise the woman wouldn't have killed her brother just for threatening their father once. But I feel for the woman and her father.
A mali
Chahklet
A mali

You cannot do the 'called shot' routine. First of all, when you attempt to do that, you are proving quite simply that there really wasn't a fear of death.
I don't know where this myth of the called shot came from.
It's illegal and if you ever fire a weapon at an aggressor, attempting to hit a specific limb goes against every teaching method for self defense.

Wintry Dragon

Old Blue Collar Joe
A mali
Chahklet
A mali

You cannot do the 'called shot' routine. First of all, when you attempt to do that, you are proving quite simply that there really wasn't a fear of death.
I don't know where this myth of the called shot came from.
It's illegal and if you ever fire a weapon at an aggressor, attempting to hit a specific limb goes against every teaching method for self defense.

Fine. I have never handled guns nor trained in their use so I don't know these things. I guess it does explain some things to me about how things end when guns are involved in many of these news articles I encounter here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff