Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

Erholung
Chahklet
It's all fun and games when the Africans have it, but oh no not White America!

I don't care about other countries that have Ebola because it's not in my backyard, especially Africa. The moment it crosses into my country, where I could be in harm's way, then I will care. But the whole freakout thing with it being in America to begin with, I'm not caught up in the hype. Pretty much all of the cases have been false.

Thanks for proving my point.

Witty Conversationalist

Chahklet
Erholung
Chahklet

I don't care about other countries that have Ebola because it's not in my backyard, especially Africa. The moment it crosses into my country, where I could be in harm's way, then I will care. But the whole freakout thing with it being in America to begin with, I'm not caught up in the hype. Pretty much all of the cases have been false.

That's why I said it because I knew no one else would, but it's not about me being white that I have this mindset (technically, I'm not 100% white anyway). It's because my country doesn't have this problem and I'm not going to stress over the makings of another country that does nothing for me or I have no affiliation with.

Tipsy Smoker

Erholung
Chahklet
Erholung
Chahklet

That's why I said it because I knew no one else would, but it's not about me being white that I have this mindset (technically, I'm not 100% white anyway). It's because my country doesn't have this problem and I'm not going to stress over the makings of another country that does nothing for me or I have no affiliation with.

I know that no one probably thinks, "I'm white so I don't care." but it certainly ends up looking that way when America, the majority being white, thinks like you.

Witty Conversationalist

Chahklet
Erholung
Chahklet
Erholung
Chahklet

I know that no one probably thinks, "I'm white so I don't care." but it certainly ends up looking that way when America, the majority being white, thinks like you.

If you know better than the rest who assume the stereotype then why fall into it and do exactly as they do? That makes you none the wiser. You said it yourself "but oh no not White America". Sounds like you're playing the game.

And why should we care, honestly. We send enough resources out to countries for other things and then spit at for it. It's never enough or we're butting our noses into things where it doesn't belong. Either love it or hate it, there is never an in between. I'd be happy if we pulled all our resources away from other countries, especially third world places, and just fixed ourselves up before even considering lending a hand.

America. Be thou for the people. Pft, whatever. Why? We have our own problems to deal with.

Tipsy Smoker

Erholung
Chahklet
Erholung
Chahklet
Erholung
Chahklet

If you know better than the rest who assume the stereotype then why fall into it and do exactly as they do? That makes you none the wiser. You said it yourself "but oh no not White America". Sounds like you're playing the game.

It's just all pretty convenient. Ima just keep watching to see how it plays out. Reminds me of that Blood Diamond movie.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
wandererofthesands
The idea of using toys to educate young children on various diseases isn't in of itself a bad thing, imho.
No but it would help if some of the proceeds go to help build better hospitals and bring medicine to those plague with the ebola.

Liberal Fatcat

I clearly have not been watching the local news enough because I have not heard of this.

Wow.

Shy Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
xdivision_whitey
wandererofthesands
The idea of using toys to educate young children on various diseases isn't in of itself a bad thing, imho.
No but it would help if some of the proceeds go to help build better hospitals and bring medicine to those plague with the ebola.

Agreed.

Feral Nymph

xdivision_whitey
wandererofthesands

Apparently they are donating a portion of the proceeds.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Oh yeah,those little plush toys.o.o
I assume they're for collecting or teaching about the diseases.:3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items