Welcome to Gaia! ::

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

What a butt hurt little whiner boy.
s**t,2,000 bucks is good enough when it comes to prize money! :/
I haven't watched Jeopardy! in a loooong time, but I don't remember them having spelling bees in them. In defense to the kid, that does seem a bit odd to have to give the answer (in the form of a question, how I remember it) and spell it too... but if so, then well, yeah, not much he can really do about it. =/

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Shadowolf
I haven't watched Jeopardy! in a loooong time, but I don't remember them having spelling bees in them. In defense to the kid, that does seem a bit odd to have to give the answer (in the form of a question, how I remember it) and spell it too... but if so, then well, yeah, not much he can really do about it. =/

I watch it often and they do give credit for misspelling if it doesn't change the pronunciation of the word. His spelling changed the pronunciation thus no credit.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Ratttking
Tsuki_Kirkland
The parents shouldn’t be letting him say that he was cheated, spelling is part of the show and he made a mistake. He should be owning up to that instead of trying to blame others, as blaming others is a bad tatic.
They are quite arbitrary when it comes to spelling. A recent winner of Final Jeopardy misspelled "Liszt", leaving out the S, but judges decided in her favor.

Hm that is odd and a bit unfair. If they judge in favor of one person the judges should judge in favor of others who mis -spell. Unless there was a specail circumstance for the person who misspelled liszt , but I doubt there was.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
It's funny. Spell an answer wrong and it costs you, but how many times have you heard Trebek say "more specific" or "we'll accept that." No! I say! One letter off is the same category as the previous examples. Let him save face.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff