Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Compulsive liar jailed after 11 false rape claims in decade

A compulsive liar made almost a dozen false claims that she was raped in nearly a decade after making her first complaint at the age of 13, a court has heard.

Elizabeth Jones, 22, admitted she lied about the latest rape allegation because she “did not like” the man she accused of attacking her, Southampton Crown Court was told.

Her latest victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested and questioned for nine hours before being released without charge.

After a judge jailed her for 16 months, it emerged today that she made her first complaint in 2004 aged just 13 before alleging other men had attacked her over the next nine years.

In 2009 she was given a ten month detention and training order for a similar offence.

Between 2005 and 2007 she had made eight other allegations, which police investigated, but she was never charged.

In the latest incident, Hampshire Police launched an investigation after Jones, from Southampton, Hants, urged an unidentified friend to report she had been assaulted.

She later went to the police station for a medical examination and repeated the false allegation.

Jennie Rickman, prosecuting, told the court that a man was arrested but he denied the rape allegation.

Detectives later viewed CCTV covering part of the house in which Jones claimed to have been attacked, which did not support her story as it showed she was not forcibly taken there.

"There is a history of her making false allegations of this nature and this is the 11th incident,” she said.

"Police had to take her allegation seriously and carried out an appropriate investigation.

"She was later arrested and accepted she had lied about being raped - she said she did it because she did not like him."

Jones admitted one count of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Jailing her for 16 months, Judge Derwin Hope said her offences had caused a "terrible emotional experience" to her alledged attacker.

But he also said it struck at the heart of the criminal justice system.

Megan Topliss, defending, said her client had endured a disturbed childhood and had been left traumatised after being taken into care.

Jones immediately accepted she had lied when approached by the police and pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity, she added.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
How sad, but hopefully some time in jail will make her think twice about lying like that. You don’t waste the police’s time with a false claim, and doing it over and over is stupid.

Her real reason is not that good either, perhaps she should seek help if she really had the type of childhood she claimed to get over her issues. Maybe there they can figure out why she lies so much.

Friendly Wench

Good that's she's going to jail. She wasted time that cops could be using to actually help people who aren't lying. And she had the potential to ruin these mens lives. I know a girl who lied and said that she was raped by 5 different men ( all my close friends) and none of them had been anywhere near her or know who she was. These women are pathetic.

Feral Nymph

Ugh. Glad she's in jail. These sorts of women really grind my gears because they make it acceptable to further question and assume that all rape victims are lying. I remember hearing it a bunch after the Duke Lacrosse debacle: "If [insert sleezebag's name here] was lying, then all women probably are!"
She doesn't need jail time. She needs help. There is obviously something wrong with her.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Pessimist
Ugh. Glad she's in jail. These sorts of women really grind my gears because they make it acceptable to further question and assume that all rape victims are lying. I remember hearing it a bunch after the Duke Lacrosse debacle: "If [insert sleezebag's name here] was lying, then all women probably are!"

to be fair, there are still those on the other side of the Duke Lacrosse case, saying that she in fact was the victim of the Lacrosse team, and presumably the boyfriend she killed, and the fire she started, and the cop she tried to run over . . . really, if that woman was a victim, she was the victim of a legal system that was far too lenient on her, far too often.

Feral Nymph

Keltoi Samurai
Pessimist

to be fair, there are still those on the other side of the Duke Lacrosse case, saying that she in fact was the victim of the Lacrosse team, and presumably the boyfriend she killed, and the fire she started, and the cop she tried to run over . . . really, if that woman was a victim, she was the victim of a legal system that was far too lenient on her, far too often.

Uhhh, once it was pretty damn clear she wasn't raped, pretty much no one was on her 'side' anymore. Now the only time it's mentioned is as I've seen it; accusing other rape victims of lying being one woman is a miserable excuse for a human being.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Pessimist
Keltoi Samurai
Pessimist

Uhhh, once it was pretty damn clear she wasn't raped, pretty much no one was on her 'side' anymore. Now the only time it's mentioned is as I've seen it; accusing other rape victims of lying being one woman is a miserable excuse for a human being.

I've seen plenty of people insist that she was the victim, even today.

I mean, have the Gang of 88 ever actually apologised?

though, I'll admit that more people view her as a monster

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Looks like she's finally getting all that attention she's been wanting over the last few years. Too bad it didn't come in a good way.

Aged Lunatic

Mei tsuki7
She doesn't need jail time. She needs help. There is obviously something wrong with her.

Yea, no, sorry. You go about trying to ruin people's lives, and make no mistake that's what a rape accusation can easily do, you deserve to do time. Let her seek all the counseling she wants later, but she deserves prison time for s**t this indefensible.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
One of the sad things about this case(and there are quite a few) is that some defense attorneys may try to site this case in defending their clients.

Brave Lionheart

29,150 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
...This world is full of freaking liars and morons...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff