Welcome to Gaia! ::

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
A Chinese couple is celebrating the birth of five new babies without fertility treatment after trying to conceive for six years, Central European News reported.

The couple, 33-year-old Wu Junping and husband Zhang Yongli, 34, live in China’s Shandong province and married in 2008. They were just about to give up when doctors broke the news: Wu was pregnant.
However, the couple’s joy quickly turned to concern when they learned she was pregnant with not one but five children.

"My biggest worry was my wife had been ill for a while before she got pregnant, and had not fully recovered when she suddenly learned that she was pregnant with five babies,” Yongli told CEN. “We inquired about the possibility of having the number reduced, but were told that it wasn't possible to abort some babies without putting all [at] risk, and so we decided it was all or nothing and to take the risk. It was my wife's choice, and I supported her."

All five babies were born, but the last child, a girl, did not survive. The smallest child born weighs just 1 pound and about 2 ounces. That child, as well as the other siblings, are in intensive care.

Yongli added that doctors say the others have a good chance of surviving and can be taken home when they have recovered.

The couple expressed worry over having enough financial resources to care for their new brood. Yongli’s salary as an agricultural worker may not suffice, they said.

A medic at the hospital where the children were born told CEN that the birth was difficult for the children and that the instance was rare.

“It was a one in 65 million occurrence,” the medic said.

Link

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Congratulations to them! And good luck.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
It would have been ironic if it was 6 instead of 5. One baby for every year of trying. Poor little girl though. May she rest in peace.

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Holy ******** s**t. burning_eyes
Five ******** children
That poor mother, I hope she had pain medication. e.e
And holy s**t one pound. I thought I was small when born. I feel bad for the last little girl though. :c But the parents have plenty of others to keep them company.
But doesn't china have that one/two kid rule? Would they still get to keep their kids?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Bzzztt
Five ******** children
And holy s**t one pound. I thought I was small when born. I feel bad for the last little girl though. :c But the parents have plenty of others to keep them company.
But doesn't china have that one/two kid rule? Would they still get to keep their kids?
From what I remember that's only a population measure for families that already have children. I'm sure she didn't plan on having 5 all at once.

They won't take away children if it's a multi-birth (If I remember correctly)

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Valiant Corvus
Bzzztt
Five ******** children
From what I remember that's only a population measure for families that already have children. I'm sure she didn't plan on having 5 all at once.

Hmm that's good then. I was worried about them getting their kids taken. At least she doesn't have to worry about that.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Wow. That must have been rough. Congrats to them on their bundle of joys!

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Bzzztt
Five ******** children
I think that is only in some parts of China.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Valiant Corvus
Bzzztt
Five ******** children

besides is that only for some parts of China not all, that one child per family rule?

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
FirstBornTriplet
Valiant Corvus
Bzzztt
Five ******** children

besides is that only for some parts of China not all, that one child per family rule?
Rural area is more lax on child numbers vs the inner city.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Congrats on your four surviving bundles of crippling debt. RIP to the one that didn't make it. I wonder if it was a set of identical twins and triplets or how that all worked. If they were all fraternal quints then damn lady, for you to drop 5 eggs at once and for them all to get fertilized...yikes. Might want to put the baby maker on shutdown after that. At two women start to look like a pregnant sand louse, I can only imagine how five would have been. Hopefully she recovers well and they don't lose another one. They may be bundles of debt, but they're lovable bundles of debt.

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
FirstBornTriplet
Bzzztt
Five ******** children
I think that is only in some parts of China.

Yeah. Some places are more strict than others. I've never read a story about a families kids being taken cause they had too many. Like in the case of triplets.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff