Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
A man dubbed ‘the Chinese Elephant Man’ has undergone his fourth operation the remove the world’s largest facial tumour.

Huang Chuncai, 37, suffers from an extreme case of neurofibromatosis, a rare condition that caused him to develop a facial tumour that hung down to his waist and weighed 25kg – about as much as a four-year-old child.

But Mr Chuncai is now able to live a relatively normal life after surgeons in Guangzhou, Guangdong province, performed a series of operations to remove more than 21kg of the mammoth growth.

Surgeons have removed 21kg of the 25kg tumour over four operations

Mr Chuncai’s story will appear in a new series of Body Bizarre, which airs every Thursday at 9pm on TLC.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

‘Chinese Elephant Man’ undergoes fourth surgery to remove the world’s largest facial tumour

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
How the hell has he been able to eat with that thing?! Was it a soft tissue tumor or bone tumor? What's to prevent this from happening to him again?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
OH MY GOD

Just how in the hell?! I mean good for him finally getting that thing off, but that image is just horrifying.

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
it hurts just looking at it

Wintry Dragon

Oh, it's not Proteus syndrome like the original Elephant Man.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
I have the same thing as him. Only not as bad of course. For anyone that wants to know. Basically what happens is that tumors grow along the veins. This causes the skin to expand and there you go. Look up the bubble man for basically how bad it can get... on the surface.
My grandfather has had these tumors growing into his spine. As you get older you get more and more, that's how it happens. My great grandma in the last years just started growing them all the time.
Oh man poor dude, any bit of reduction of those tumors would help him so much. I remember watching a documentary "the man who lost his face" i think it was called. Was very sad, but he had something different. He had big red tumors all over his face. But man the support and love his sister has for him was something else, i got teary-eyed. Hope everything goes well for him 3nodding
Thats a nope. I'd be eating a shotgun barrel if i had that.

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Kothlim

Yes, it's probably a good thing that China has VERY strong gun laws in that case.
A mali
Oh, it's not Proteus syndrome like the original Elephant Man.
I thought the original had nf?

Bucktoothed Otaku

19,450 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
garyoak99
Kothlim

Yes, it's probably a good thing that China has VERY strong gun laws in that case.

Strong gun laws are never a good thing.

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Kothlim

Strong gun laws are never a good thing.

So suicide by firearm is a good thing?
How does he see, breathe, eat, or even hear properly with that? I really hope the best treatment can be given to him so that he can live normally.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Faustine Liem
I have the same thing as him. Only not as bad of course. For anyone that wants to know. Basically what happens is that tumors grow along the veins. This causes the skin to expand and there you go. Look up the bubble man for basically how bad it can get... on the surface.
My grandfather has had these tumors growing into his spine. As you get older you get more and more, that's how it happens. My great grandma in the last years just started growing them all the time.

Are they painful? Does removing them just spur more to grow in faster? Since it's along the veins, I'll assume it's soft tissue. Are they hard to remove due to their nature of being so close to veins?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff