11,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Social Analyzer
Blood Valkyrie
xdivision_whitey
Blood Valkyrie
It is normal to push a child to be well educated in China.
It is NOT normal in China to physically abuse a child. Chinese people in general actually love children, like most people do. I'm going to assume this father will not be well loved in his community.
Norm hardly... it a Must! Most parent in asain countries go by the Tiger mom principle. those kids will Strive For the sky and Beyond. A student if not AB. Sports and what ever competition that can raise their child up a status. They I agree want the best of their offspring.

I'm aware of the tiger mom thing. I don't call it abuse, though, since Chinese children seem like normal happy children to me.

I doubt you met many Chinese.

I studied a lot of Chinese kids and the ones that are "abused" are anti-social. Based on the internet and what not.

It is rare to see an Asian where I live.

It's rare to see an Asian where you live, yet you claim to have studied a lot of Chinese kids.
Also you said the ones that are abused at anti-social. I never said that those who are abused are not. I just said that I don't consider the tiger mom thing to be 100% abuse.

Dangerous Businessman

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
China does it again stare

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
That's far too extreme for not doing homework. The father shouldn't have done that at all. He should talked to his child instead. Sure, he wants his child to do well but physically abusing the child isn't going to solve anything.

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Techn0boy96
That's far too extreme for not doing homework. The father shouldn't have done that at all. He should talked to his child instead. Sure, he wants his child to do well but physically abusing the child isn't going to solve anything.

He can't have cared that much for his kid if he beat him so viciously. I wouldn't be surprised if the boy was seen as little more than a future investment; if he were to become successful he would've provided wealth for his family. Now he'll have to use his remaining children instead.

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Demyan The Devil
Techn0boy96

He can't have cared that much for his kid if he beat him so viciously. I wouldn't be surprised if the boy was seen as little more than a future investment; if he were to become successful he would've provided wealth for his family. Now he'll have to use his remaining children instead.

Yes, I suppose. Or maybe he didn't mean to kill the child. Some parents are like that, and beat children to discipline them. I find that method disgusting and unnecessary. There's no excuse for what he did though.
Glad I don't have Chinese parents!! 3nodding

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Techn0boy96
Demyan The Devil
Techn0boy96

Yes, I suppose. Or maybe he didn't mean to kill the child. Some parents are like that, and beat children to discipline them. I find that method disgusting and unnecessary. There's no excuse for what he did though.

The dad might have had some sort of mental problems.
This is horrible! sad I pray for that family.
so this is why Asians are so insanely smart!

All kidding aside, that's horrible cry

Quotable Informer

17,850 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100
medic61310
so this is why Asians are so insanely smart!

All kidding aside, that's horrible cry

Yah one dumb move can get you killed.

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
I know there are family in Chinese that are strict but seriously that just sick feel sorry for the other kids

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
There are just no words to describe how badly I'd like to see that man buried alive!!

Popular Member

that seems so out of norm that it was a male child. the chinese usually be so protective towards them. anyways his parenting went way overboard. a 6 year old is still young you can't expect them to be perfect. that was a very stupid thing to do

Playful Kitten

17,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Of course this is wrong and horrible and the man should be punished.
But somewhere in the US (or a pick another country) some child was just beaten, raped and/or killed. Some of those incidents make the news and we all say OMG! to make ourselves feel better that at least we are not as f'd up as the subject of the news article. And for most of us that is true but it doesn't change the fact that in a world with billions of people some of them are cretins who do bad s**t and there will always be news media capitalizing on it. There will also always be shocked people saying, "OMG! I can't believe anyone would do something like that!"

7,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
Children Abuse isn't something shocking in China.
The norm is to scold, "hit" ( one of two) and that's about it.
That guy is just nuts. However, IF it happened in a rural area, it is more normal for the father to get angrier at the child, because education is even MORE important to rural people than the city people.
He might have lost it, because he valued the education he gave to his son very precious.

p-s: I know, because I went to school in China and competition is FIERCE and painful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff