Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adorable Fisher

http://theweek.com/article/index/267342/speedreads-chinese-boy-cant-hear-his-cartoons-cuts-high-rise-workers-safety-rope

Chinese boy can't hear his cartoons, cuts high-rise worker's safety rope

Saturday cartoons are very, very, very important to one 10-year-old Chinese boy.

A worker was installing lighting on the outside of a high-rise apartment building when a boy appeared at an eighth-floor window and began sawing through the worker's safety rope. Apparently, the construction racket was drowning out the kid's cartoons, and he decided this would be an effective way to restore some silence.

"I shouted at him to stop, but he didn't listen and soon after, the rope was broken," the worker told Chinese new outlet Xinhua. "That's when I called to my workmate for help."

Forty minutes later, several firemen rescued the worker from his precarious position. Police questioned the boy, who eventually admitted to his actions. The kid's dad came home and apologized to the worker.

He also gave him a new safety rope.

Evolved Hunter

Wow, talk about overkill.

That kid ain't right.

Wintry Dragon

I think something is definitely missing with the upbringing. eek

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
So that's it? Just an apology and a new rope? No attempted murder charges?
Scarred Sword Heart

What are the laws in China like? would they even allow the man to take action against the child and/or his parents? I know if this had happened in the US the parents would be paying out the nose while the child would be required to go to therapy. No idea about China though.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

What a freaking brat...=-=

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I hope he's never allowed to watch TV for a month or watch cartoons at all! If he's going to act like a brat and cause someone harm for it.

Can't they put him in juvenile detention center for this?

Lonely Browser

the parents should throw the kids a$$ off the balcony next time he gets on their nerves. or hang him from it by his ankle an leave him there for a few hours.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Cartoons is srs bsns to some people, apparently. rolleyes
future chinese ted bundy.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
BlackRose_Jefe
the parents should throw the kids a$$ off the balcony next time he gets on their nerves. or hang him from it by his ankle an leave him there for a few hours.

Just pick him up and hurl him like you're Ms. Trenchbull.
Maybe the kid was reenacting a scene from one of those Loony Tunes cartoons?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ah, Sam. You're such a role model.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Daisuke Wolf
Scarred Sword Heart

What are the laws in China like? would they even allow the man to take action against the child and/or his parents? I know if this had happened in the US the parents would be paying out the nose while the child would be required to go to therapy. No idea about China though.

He is under the age of criminal responsibility (it's 14 if he had killed the worker 16 if not)

If he was not he would be executed.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
So glad to know that the worker didn't die because of this entitled a**. Seriously, this kid is going to cause a lot of grief if he isn't reigned in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff