Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Browser

Damn I wonder if they title their meetings 'how to be as blind as possible and increase sexism in our daily lives'? Cause seriously...they are absolutely delusional.

They have a dearth of women and they go the route of alienating and being dicks to them? Really now? It isn't their education or their freedom that is harming your chances of finding a wife. It is your own appalling sexism and the fact that parents have created too many men. Deal with it and get over yourself assholes.
She Was Phone
Bienaimee R
iArchduke Franz Ferdinand
In China Women are undesirable. Thats why foreigners are allowed to adopt Chinese girls but not Chinese boys. They will have a serious problem in the future and right now.

I don't regard it as a serious problem. China has exactly the society China campaigned for and socially engineered.

They wanted nothing but boys and soon, perhaps, boys will be everything that they have.
And shortly thereafter China will cease to exist as a nation. 3nodding I think it's a great policy because of that.

While most adopted babies from China are girls, boys are occasionally adopted too. I found out that China actually has yet another exception to the one couple/one child rule (which rule in fact applies to only about 1/3 of the pop.) Chinese couples can adopt a second child.

She Was Phone, I am a great believer in "Be careful what you wish for. You might get it."

China nurtured a culture that not only elevated and overvalued males; it undervalued females in every possible sense.

It is my fondest wish and earnest prayer they reap every possible nuance of their practice.

13,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
David2074
With the help of kyoji
David2074

I guess if your country's laws and customs are backfiring on you then blame the females in society for the failed laws made by the men.

this is so true about china that it hurts my ovaries emotion_puke

Yeah, even as a male I feel for how women are treated in some countries.
And even though the men in those countries have the upper hand and are often (apparently) assholes there is some part of me that feels for them too (though to a lesser degree). I am of the belief that to have a truly close relationship with your life partner you have to respect them and consider them more or less equals even if the societal roles differ some between the genders. If you are brought up thinking of women as just objects or inferior human beings then I doubt you can ever obtain a best possible relationship. Not the best wording but I think it's clear what I'm trying to say.

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I remember a saying that went around in the early 70's in the U.S. that a 35 year old woman had as much a chance of getting married than a passenger in a jet getting hi-jacked to Cuba!

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Wonder what they'd do if there are no longer females in China when it gets to that point...
Bienaimee R
In China Women are undesirable. Thats why foreigners are allowed to adopt Chinese girls but not Chinese boys. They will have a serious problem in the future and right now.

I don't regard it as a serious problem. China has exactly the society China campaigned for and socially engineered.

They wanted nothing but boys and soon, perhaps, boys will be everything that they have.

I've learned in my Poli-Sci classes that a gender gap is bad for any nation whether the nation has more men or females. What interests me about this topic is China and Russia. While China has more men then women, Russia has more females then men. Russia and China have the opposite problem. One way to solve the problem as some would say is to have Russians and Chinese marry and have kids. smile
Personally, I don't see anything about this being wrong.

Blessed Shapeshifter

7,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
azulmagia
China gets it right for once.

Are you for real or are you trolling?

Either way, as a 26 year old UNMARRIED woman, on the behalf of all other women my age or older, I say:

Stuff it.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
It's not just China. Even in Japan, women who are unable to marry after age 25 are called 'Christmas Cake'. The term Christmas Cake is used because after Dec. 25 passes, no one wants to eat it anymore.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
China needs to hurry up and ditch some of their traditions, especially this one. Even tradition needs to change with the times.

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
Sakura Parfait
It's not just China. Even in Japan, women who are unable to marry after age 25 are called 'Christmas Cake'. The term Christmas Cake is used because after Dec. 25 passes, no one wants to eat it anymore.

This is not entirely true. While the term exists and is still used occasionally, most people have moved past this way of thinking, especially in the major cities. The average age of marriage for women in Japan is 28, for men it's even higher. That's the national average, and I've seen reports showing how in Tokyo it's actually higher as young people are focusing on their careers.

The situation in China (and any many other nations) is complicated because they are an aging society, and the population control means there are fewer young people to support the elderly. The government over here shot itself in the foot by having a generation where birth control was banned and large families encouraged (because Chairman Mao was full of great ideas) followed by a generation where the number of children was restricted.

China has almost no social safety net, so the elderly are mostly dependent on their families for support. China is caught between wanting to keep the population from growing too much, while still allowing enough children to keep the work force strong. I think part of this pressure for women to get married young is to make sure the next generation is large enough.

I'm fairly disgusted with this "leftover woman" propaganda, and I've made sure to remind the young Chinese women I interact with that they're the ones with the power right now, and not to let anyone push them to make a decision they don't want.

It'll take a decade or two to balance out, but hopefully the gender gap will correct itself naturally. I've heard that societies with larger male populations have a higher tendency of going to war, and I really don't want that to be the case.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Nagaikami
Sakura Parfait

This is not entirely true. While the term exists and is still used occasionally, most people have moved past this way of thinking, especially in the major cities. The average age of marriage for women in Japan is 28, for men it's even higher. That's the national average, and I've seen reports showing how in Tokyo it's actually higher as young people are focusing on their careers.

The situation in China (and any many other nations) is complicated because they are an aging society, and the population control means there are fewer young people to support the elderly. The government over here shot itself in the foot by having a generation where birth control was banned and large families encouraged (because Chairman Mao was full of great ideas) followed by a generation where the number of children was restricted.

China has almost no social safety net, so the elderly are mostly dependent on their families for support. China is caught between wanting to keep the population from growing too much, while still allowing enough children to keep the work force strong. I think part of this pressure for women to get married young is to make sure the next generation is large enough.

I'm fairly disgusted with this "leftover woman" propaganda, and I've made sure to remind the young Chinese women I interact with that they're the ones with the power right now, and not to let anyone push them to make a decision they don't want.

It'll take a decade or two to balance out, but hopefully the gender gap will correct itself naturally. I've heard that societies with larger male populations have a higher tendency of going to war, and I really don't want that to be the case.
Well gang rapes are high there so I am sure they will start flexing there muscles more very soon. Question is if they will be in with NK or will they strike else where.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Ya know...

Now would be a great time for women in China to quietly stand up for themselves and keep doing what thy are doing. To refuse to marry and have children and be the educated women they wish to be. Maybe the men, in 50 years or so, will finally get the message about respect.

Then again, maybe not. But one can wish. But you see, when their population begins to wane so much as that their country is threatened with extinction of their race...

It's either that or they start having babies on their own without our participation. Let's see you men try it.

Greedy Consumer

With china they would abort females n stuff.
So theres more males than females.
So most females get taken early on from other males.
Then the ones who arent taken are looked down on.
Simple.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Bienaimee R

I've learned in my Poli-Sci classes that a gender gap is bad for any nation whether the nation has more men or females. What interests me about this topic is China and Russia. While China has more men then women, Russia has more females then men. Russia and China have the opposite problem. One way to solve the problem as some would say is to have Russians and Chinese marry and have kids. smile

In the Wild West in the 19th century, there weren't as many white women around as white men (they were generally racist, but some white men married Native Americans), and most men considered women to be precious, which is partially why when a Saloon Girl was insulted or hurt by a man, the rest of the customer base would usually beat the s**t out of him. I read this on a website, so this information might be incorrect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff