Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Fightin Robot
Nyadriel
Super Fightin Robot
Hasuki Aatisuto
Exorcism? Really? I wonder if that is REALLY it or they just got sick and tired of the infant's constant need for attention and passed it off as an exorcism in attempt to reduce their sentence.

I'm hedging on the latter. Exorcisms are just a myth and/or hallucination in my opinion.

In this case, possibly. I'm pretty sure kids with severe autism were subject to exorcism in medieval times, though.

While stabbing them to death? Yuh... riiiigggghhhhttttt

Can't say I have ever heard of any religion doing things that way.

Exorcism should be left up to witch doctors, medicine men/women and other 'real' experts, IMO. No average person should ever be doing it.

Oh, I agree. Even in medieval times that wasn't how they did exorcisms. I suppose that bit was somewhat unrelated.

Unfortunately, the only religious procedure involving knives to the deadly end is satanic ritual. So I think any prosecution could flip this one on her and make sure that she faces justice.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Nyadriel
Alexander J Luthor
I never figured black people would get in on this particular fringe of crazy. Every movie I've ever seen has depicted it it as mainly a white/hardcore catholic issue. Damn exorcisms...

It has been used in Voodoo too. Also in some tribes of the Indians of South America do their own version.
None uses knives either.
Knives were pretty much used in sacrifices (of animals), not exorcisms.

I always forget voodoo even exists. I wonder what it's like to see people practice.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
AliKat1988
Mitsuki Horenake
...wow. Even if they did think that an exorcism was needed, they didn't even think about bringing in priests? That's a fail even by exorcism standards emotion_facepalm
They may not have been Catholic. However, I do wonder why they would think stabbing is necessary. All the fundamentalists I know who said they performed exorcisms tended to resort to verbal methods (scripture, prayer or speaking in tongues) to cast out demons. The only exorcisms I have heard of that involve stabbing deaths were in video games-clearly fictional.

Wow. So these people fail in Exorcism 101, even if they were insane...cause even insane people are sane enough to know odd things. But I thought exorcisms are run by priests by all Christian ceremonies...?

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Mitsuki Horenake
AliKat1988
Mitsuki Horenake
...wow. Even if they did think that an exorcism was needed, they didn't even think about bringing in priests? That's a fail even by exorcism standards emotion_facepalm
They may not have been Catholic. However, I do wonder why they would think stabbing is necessary. All the fundamentalists I know who said they performed exorcisms tended to resort to verbal methods (scripture, prayer or speaking in tongues) to cast out demons. The only exorcisms I have heard of that involve stabbing deaths were in video games-clearly fictional.

Wow. So these people fail in Exorcism 101, even if they were insane...cause even insane people are sane enough to know odd things. But I thought exorcisms are run by priests by all Christian ceremonies...?
Most fundamentalists I know do not use priests (their leaders are pastors, reverends, elders, and deacons) and they regard all Christians as being capable of invoking the power of Christ.
This frightens me, for the fact that I live in Maryland and I'm not too far from Germantown.
Wouldn't it be hilarious (and terrible) if the defense played the Freedom of Religion Card ("You can't prove they weren't possessed" wink and the b***h actually got off?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
AliKat1988
Mitsuki Horenake
AliKat1988
Mitsuki Horenake

Most fundamentalists I know do not use priests (their leaders are pastors, reverends, elders, and deacons) and they regard all Christians as being capable of invoking the power of Christ.

Forgive me

But that sounds obnoxiously arrogant

I suppose it would be more so if the leaders regarded themselves as the only ones who could

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Nyadriel
AliKat1988
Mitsuki Horenake
AliKat1988
Mitsuki Horenake

Forgive me

But that sounds obnoxiously arrogant

I suppose it would be more so if the leaders regarded themselves as the only ones who could
I am not a fundamentalist so I don't take offense to hearing them called obnoxiously arrogant. However, I understand where they get their ideas-they are extreme protestants and of course believe that Christians communicate directly with Jesus and can ask him for help and he will answer. In the case of demon possession they have no reason to think the answer will be "no" so they will think a layperson exorcism is quite possible.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
AliKat1988
Mitsuki Horenake
AliKat1988
Mitsuki Horenake

Oh...so I guess they're fundamentalists, then?

Dapper Dabbler

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gotta be something more than just them stabbing those kids for religious reasons. Never in my life have I heard of stabbing someone a method to cure evil.
This is what we get for letting religious people have kids.

Big Star

I am one of the few that believes in exorcisms and whatnot. However, this lady is shitting on us.

Big Star

JohChuldo
This is what we get for letting religious people have kids.

If she were doing this for religion purposes, dont you thinks he would have called a priest?
Religion is a bullshit excuse on this story.

Ice-Cold Wolf

Celestial Embodiment
I've never heard of an exorcism that involved stabbing. It sounds more like a blood sacrifice to me. But I highly doubt they were thinking of an exorcism or a sacrifice when they stabbed them to death. They just wanted to get rid of them for whatever reason.

I was thinking the same thing.
On the subject of knives:

Actually, many exorcisms required at least the presence of a bladed weapon that was imbued with the "blessing of God" in case the "demon" proved to be too strong, and the exorcist had no other choice but to put the "possessed" out of their "misery." In fact, many exorcisms ended this way back before we had a better grasp of mental illnesses, since many of the said illnesses would not get better before the exorcist left.

Exorcisms are seen as an embarrassment of the past today, since we have made many advancements in psychology, Most places in the USA refuse to even offer these services anymore, because they ended up doing more harm than good, usually ending with the death of the person who was "possessed."

To me, this is just more proof that religious fanatics are more dangerous than normal people. It also just cements my already solid opinion that religion kills.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff