Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
A Marcel
Sweet fiery Dante, I have never in all of my years seen a larger display of hipocracy in a single place. Sure, the woman in the second video was acting inapropriate with her means of... I guess punnisment... but keep in mind that the child was nearly unscathed (the video mentions a bruise and a busted lip). Although she didn't receive the utmost maximum comeuppance for her actions, eight years, regardless, is a long time to be in a stone room with nothing but a bed and a latrine.

I see comments such as:
Misty Moonsilver
...I hope they beat her up in prison!

or
foxy_chikki
I would beat the hell out [of that] nanny.

Regardless of how indecorus that nanny's actions were, nobody deserves physical punnishment of that magnatude. Although the victim is defenceless, (s)he was, as I stated prior, relatively unscathed. This case, in my personal opinion, is sad, and deep down I disire some of the same things as stated prior, but it is unfair for us to force physical violence apon another, regardless of his/her actions, as long as the "victim" is unharmed.

Babies of the age the child was do not have the muscle coordination to control sudden head movements. Moreover, brain injuries from traumatic force (such as the ball thrown with enough force to bounce it around, slapped hard enough to bounce off the ground, etc) can accumulate and cause problems later in life. (In extreme cases think of Shaken Baby Syndrome!!!)

My daughter was dropped on her head when she was 2 years old by her father. Luckily I noted her condition when I got back in and have had training in various injuries and recognized the symptoms of a major concussion before the damage was worsened. We were in the er running scans and monitoring her recovery for over 14 HOURS. To this day she lives with the damage he caused her fragile brain and this will furthermore cause her difficulties in employment; difficulties which she NEVER should have had to face. She had no bruising, as all the injuries were deep in her brain.
Never assume " that the child was nearly unscathed (the video mentions a bruise and a busted lip)."
Personally, I feel death would be too much for this woman and injury too freaking easy... She should be forced to pay restitution, financial restitution, for any damage to that child. I do not support frivolous lawsuits, but at 11 months there is no telling what that child might never get to do or accomplish because one selfish, arrogant, abusive ... female decided to injure a child.
Lock her up and make her pay.

Liberal Vampire

7,700 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
OH MY GOD. I found myself wishing that a black hole straight to hell would open up underneath her and swallow her up!

8 years is not enough. Should have been at least 20.

If that was my child I would have taken a baseball bat to her.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
XxLuminaMarieHimexX
OH MY GOD. I found myself wishing that a black hole straight to hell would open up underneath her and swallow her up!

8 years is not enough. Should have been at least 20.

If that was my child I would have taken a baseball bat to her.
Or at least smack here around like Meowth there in your siggy
Honestly I am a mom and to see that makes me furious. How the hell could you hit a baby?

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
sweet leala
Honestly I am a mom and to see that makes me furious. How the hell could you hit a baby?
Simple for those who lack empathy

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
scream LOCK THAT &ITCH UP FOR LIFE!! scream

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kagomenesan
scream LOCK THAT &ITCH UP FOR LIFE!! scream

No i change my mind, LOCK her up until the child is 18, then give that child the chance to kick her a$$!

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Jefferson Starships
Can't trust anyone with your child, family member or 'professional'.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I don't plan on having children; I know I will need to be away from the house to earn a living and I don't trust anyone to take care of my child except me. For all I know they could molest the kid and threaten the child saying he's going to kill mommy if s/he tells her.
Bellyaches Method
My personal views on anything like this is:
If you mistreat a child, infant, or pet, you should get the death penalty.
You are ABUSING something that is DEPENDENT on you. It cannot fend for itself, it relies on you for its life. And you go and beat the s**t out of it? Electric chair. It needs to be brought back.

My personal view of anyone who is virtually frothing at the mouth for state-sponsored murder is that they should think about therapy maybe.

Durem Genius

7,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Ju Tru Nix
A Marcel
Sweet fiery Dante, I have never in all of my years seen a larger display of hipocracy in a single place. Sure, the woman in the second video was acting inapropriate with her means of... I guess punnisment... but keep in mind that the child was nearly unscathed (the video mentions a bruise and a busted lip). Although she didn't receive the utmost maximum comeuppance for her actions, eight years, regardless, is a long time to be in a stone room with nothing but a bed and a latrine.

I see comments such as:
Misty Moonsilver
...I hope they beat her up in prison!

or
foxy_chikki
I would beat the hell out [of that] nanny.

Regardless of how indecorus that nanny's actions were, nobody deserves physical punnishment of that magnatude. Although the victim is defenceless, (s)he was, as I stated prior, relatively unscathed. This case, in my personal opinion, is sad, and deep down I disire some of the same things as stated prior, but it is unfair for us to force physical violence apon another, regardless of his/her actions, as long as the "victim" is unharmed.

Babies of the age the child was do not have the muscle coordination to control sudden head movements. Moreover, brain injuries from traumatic force (such as the ball thrown with enough force to bounce it around, slapped hard enough to bounce off the ground, etc) can accumulate and cause problems later in life. (In extreme cases think of Shaken Baby Syndrome!!!)

My daughter was dropped on her head when she was 2 years old by her father. Luckily I noted her condition when I got back in and have had training in various injuries and recognized the symptoms of a major concussion before the damage was worsened. We were in the er running scans and monitoring her recovery for over 14 HOURS. To this day she lives with the damage he caused her fragile brain and this will furthermore cause her difficulties in employment; difficulties which she NEVER should have had to face. She had no bruising, as all the injuries were deep in her brain.
Never assume " that the child was nearly unscathed (the video mentions a bruise and a busted lip)."
Personally, I feel death would be too much for this woman and injury too freaking easy... She should be forced to pay restitution, financial restitution, for any damage to that child. I do not support frivolous lawsuits, but at 11 months there is no telling what that child might never get to do or accomplish because one selfish, arrogant, abusive ... female decided to injure a child.
Lock her up and make her pay.

You do bring up some good points, and I am sorry to hear about your child; however, I do continue to think that the retribution that this woman has received is enough for her to think over past actions. In addition to imprisionment, I think that she should undergo anger-management courses to help her obstain from repeating such actions as the ones for which she was arrested for.

Your idea of "[being] forced to pay restitution, financial restitution, for any damage to that child" is interesting, mostly because it lets the woman have a role in supporting the child throughout his/her life, and also because it lets her "off the hook" if the child didn't sustain any harm from her misdoings, which, given the information you have put forth, is unlikely.

Keep in mind that the world is full of people who are much worse than her who need to be accomodated for. We just need to trust this nation's judicial system, because without it we would be uncivilized madmen who go around murdering people; in turn, without it, we would be in deep trouble. (have you ever read George Orwell's 1984?)

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Honestly, I might pick my own child up like I would a puppy, and I might carry it like a football because I've heard that's a good way to feed two children at once, but never someone else's child. And I wouldn't let it fall onto the couch where it looks like it might suffocate, even if it sounds or is behaving fine.

Putting those two videos together makes the first woman look like a saint lol.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Holy crap. The world is so f****d up now..

Devoted Friend

8,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
What the hell?! The b***h only got 8 years for doing what she did to those babies?! THATS ******** UP. SHE SHOULD GET LIFE IN PRISON TO THINK ABOUT WHAT SHE DID TO THOSE KIDS FOR GODs SAKE, THOSE BABIES DEPEND ON EVERYONE AND SHE GOES AND HARMS THEM IN THOSE WAYS. The parents are lucky the kids werent severely injured :I. That damn cold-hearted b***h! -.-

11,925 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Misty Moonsilver
What is wrong with people these days? I hope they beat her up in prison!

I agree. Tho from what I hear, the people who hurt kids get it bad in prison from other inmates who posibly have their own familys.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff