Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Canadian officials investigating a man suspected of having contracted Ebola during a visit to West Africa say it has been determined he does not have the virus.

Cailin Rodgers, a spokeswoman for Canada's health minister, said Tuesday lab testing confirmed the individual hospitalized with symptoms of a hemorrhagic fever does not have Ebola.

She says there are no confirmed cases of Ebola in Canada.

The man remains seriously ill and is being kept in isolation in a Saskatchewan hospital.

scary

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Okay, fine...so which hemorrhagic fever was it? Cuz they are all terrifying and have high kill rates. When the dude dies, cuz I won't be surprised if he does, they'd best burn the body then burn the ashes. I don't know what it is about those types of viruses, but they jump to people waaaay too easily (well, okay, usually only through bodily fluids, but you'd be surprised how often you come into contact with other people's bodily fluids and don't know it. Makes you want to bathe in purell, yeesh). It's their quickness and tendency to kill those that contract them that keeps them from spreading, along with their tendency to cause outbreaks in areas that don't have great medical care. However, you bring an infected patient in to a modern hospital, keep them alive...it gives the virus more time to spread. The more procedures done on the patient as organs rupture and fail, the more chances that someone ******** up and gets into contact with their bodily fluids and ends up contracting the virus and just....hnnng. And so many of this type of virus aren't really curable. You can only treat the symptoms and hope to hell the patient survives. I feel bad for the dude and everyone in that hospital who is now at risk. s**t's terrifying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff