Welcome to Gaia! ::

YahuShalum
Existential Existence
YahuShalum
Existential Existence
YahuShalum
Existential Existence

you're being unreasonable. a dollar a month is a great insurance rate!
Principles mean more to me. Just like people should not be forced to buy a permit to protest. The government is stripping our rights away slowly but surely.

i think your problem is that you see it as solely a punishment.

think about it: if someone gets in a car accident and they don't have insurance - they are ********. damages could cost a LOT.

if someone has a gun accident and they HAVE insurance, at least there's a system that can help them pay for damages.

insurance can be a good thing.
They already have insurance for guns (Optional). This would be a law forcing it upon people and making people criminals that don't want it. This would be essentially a fine against people that own guns. Let's get to what this really is without trying to wrap a bow around a turd.

meh calling people who get insurance criminals is stretching it to me.

i think your take on this whole thing is very jaded.

imo if people damage my property with a gun i think it's awesome to know that they have insurance that will pay for the damage + actually have a $ consequence for using a gun irresponsibly

an insurance change would actually benefit the whole of a community more than just the group of people who want to keep their guns.
No, they'd be calling the people without insurance criminals. Also do you really think the people that use their guns illegally will bother with this insurance? There are laws against property damage as well as discharging a firearm in public. They get jail time. Sorry what happened to you but I'm not worried about any of my property being hurt by a gun or someone being shot around here by my gun.

On the other hand, I am worried about you.
Lord Akhenaton
YahuShalum
Existential Existence
freaking yes.

some punk a** kid neighbor shot at my parents' car windows way back in the 1990s as target practice and all he got was a call from the police. asking people to sue for damages when idiots don't pay up is too much for some people, especially if damaged property is small.

if you use your gun inappropriately/irresponsibly and damage s**t that's not yours, face the consequences of higher insurance.

makes sense to me.
You're clearly unbiased. Why should responsible law abiding gun owners be forced by law to require insurance? So what happens when they can't afford it. Poor people aren't allowed to have guns?

Why am I forced to buy car insurance when I have never been in an accident?

Driving driving a car is a privilege and not a right.
Asher2501
Lord Akhenaton
YahuShalum
Existential Existence
freaking yes.

some punk a** kid neighbor shot at my parents' car windows way back in the 1990s as target practice and all he got was a call from the police. asking people to sue for damages when idiots don't pay up is too much for some people, especially if damaged property is small.

if you use your gun inappropriately/irresponsibly and damage s**t that's not yours, face the consequences of higher insurance.

makes sense to me.
You're clearly unbiased. Why should responsible law abiding gun owners be forced by law to require insurance? So what happens when they can't afford it. Poor people aren't allowed to have guns?

And automobiles are more important today than guns. Without cars, cities would not exist with such high populations. Times change and so does the priority of society.
Lord Akhenaton
Asher2501
Lord Akhenaton
YahuShalum
Existential Existence
freaking yes.

makes sense to me.

And automobiles are more important today than guns. Without cars, cities would not exist with such high populations. Times change and so does the priority of society.

One is constitutionally protected. The other is not.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Akhenaton
Asher2501
Lord Akhenaton
YahuShalum
Existential Existence
freaking yes.

makes sense to me.

And the founding fathers meant for the constitution to change. Either way, automobiles are way more important. Without them, a large chunk of the US will starve to death.
Lord Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Akhenaton
Asher2501
Lord Akhenaton

And the founding fathers meant for the constitution to change. Either way, automobiles are way more important. Without them, a large chunk of the US will starve to death.

Actually, no. The steps needed to amend the constitution make it pretty clear that, while they left it open to amending, they made damn sure the process to amend it would NOT be done easily or lightly, and they have not modified it yet.
To pass this moron's gun laws and modify the constitution requires 37 states to sign off on it and approve it.. Good luck on that.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Akhenaton
Asher2501
Lord Akhenaton

Actually, no. The steps needed to amend the constitution make it pretty clear that, while they left it open to amending, they made damn sure the process to amend it would NOT be done easily or lightly, and they have not modified it yet.
To pass this moron's gun laws and modify the constitution requires 37 states to sign off on it and approve it.. Good luck on that.

That's if you go by state convention. That can instead be passed by 3/4ths of the legislator.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lord Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Akhenaton
Asher2501
Lord Akhenaton

then why have we not passed an amendment guaranteeing the right to keep and drive cars?

I'd think that'd be a priority, if what you say is true
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Akhenaton
Asher2501
Lord Akhenaton

then why have we not passed an amendment guaranteeing the right to keep and drive cars?

Why have we not passed an amendment to make men and women equal? Why do we not have an amendment that allows us to directly elect the president.

Anyway, I do not know how smart or slow you are, but let me explain this in a simple way. Population is directly connected to food. The more food there is, the higher the population and vice verse. The reason I bring that up is because trucks allow for the said food to be carried to states and cities that wouldn't normally support such a population. So if these trucks all of a sudden ceased to exist, then certain places would see mass starvation because local cannot feed them.

Does this make sense to you? Food = population
Keltoi Samurai

Because there is no point in one. Pass laws limiting / banning vehicles in general and see how fast people vote out those who voted for them and then demand such an amendment.
Old Blue Collar Joe

The freedom of movement shall not be infringed either, but they said nothing of how you're allowed to move. The same way you should be allowed to fire things for free from your natural orifices in true Second Amendment spirit, you should be allowed to walk around for free. However, in case you ******** up (which you will) we'd like to know if we're getting compensation for our amputated legs and broken spleen or if you're just going to find a new Social Security number and hide forever.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lord Akhenaton
Keltoi Samurai
Lord Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Akhenaton

Why have we not passed an amendment to make men and women equal? Why do we not have an amendment that allows us to directly elect the president.

Anyway, I do not know how smart or slow you are, but let me explain this in a simple way. Population is directly connected to food. The more food there is, the higher the population and vice verse. The reason I bring that up is because trucks allow for the said food to be carried to states and cities that wouldn't normally support such a population. So if these trucks all of a sudden ceased to exist, then certain places would see mass starvation because local cannot feed them.

Does this make sense to you? Food = population

and what does that have to do with the right to own and drive cars?

seriously, do you not understand that commercial trucks ≠ civilian cars?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff