Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
Cold Sandstorm
Let's quit mentioning this as a Bullying incident. Bullying is an act of intimidation. This was pure felony battery. What I do not understand is nowhere do I see in any of the reporting of this horrific story where the attackers PARENTS come into play here. I think holding them just as accountable is the only way to go here.

Yes, the bully did the damage, but I think a full, thorough investigation into the parents, along with them paying FULL restitution for that boy's medical care is in order. Maybe, just maybe, if we started holding these parents accountable for their kid's violent actions, we would see a dramatic drop in this kind of victimization.
I 200% agree!!!!!!

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Cold Sandstorm
Let's quit mentioning this as a Bullying incident. Bullying is an act of intimidation. This was pure felony battery. What I do not understand is nowhere do I see in any of the reporting of this horrific story where the attackers PARENTS come into play here. I think holding them just as accountable is the only way to go here.

Yes, the bully did the damage, but I think a full, thorough investigation into the parents, along with them paying FULL restitution for that boy's medical care is in order. Maybe, just maybe, if we started holding these parents accountable for their kid's violent actions, we would see a dramatic drop in this kind of victimization.
That is a very good idea, and perhaps if that was done some parents might finally wake up and notice that their kid is not the perfect little angel they believe them to be.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Okay this is a situation where the school needs to be sued and the bully needs to be ******** arrested!

Blessed Prophet

This reminds me of something that happened when I was in high school. It wasn't nearly as bad as this, but some kid put an unknown substance into someone else's drink without their knowledge (a federal offense I may add) and got nothing but a slap on the wrist because he was an athlete.

Schools don't give a s**t, they may claim to have zero tolerance for harassment and bullying but at the end of the day if you're not popular or in sports your voice and your struggles don't matter. At least this is what it's like where I live.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Athena_flora
This reminds me of something that happened when I was in high school. It wasn't nearly as bad as this, but some kid put an unknown substance into someone else's drink without their knowledge (a federal offense I may add) and got nothing but a slap on the wrist because he was an athlete.

Schools don't give a s**t, they may claim to have zero tolerance for harassment and bullying but at the end of the day if you're not popular or in sports your voice and your struggles don't matter. At least this is what it's like where I live.

Been that way all of when I was growing up. Things are worse now than they were back in the 70's - 80's. And what really pisses me off is that we are told to "fight our own battles". And when we try to, we are the ones that get into trouble and suspended while the offender gets off. It really does not pay to be an innocent person and trying to stay out of trouble, much less "fighting your own battles". I mean, how the f__ can we even fight our battles when we are pretty much alone and we are constantly being ganged up on (trust me. It's not being bullied from just one person. There are others involved that egg it on as the bully gets cheered)

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
In a sensible world, this assailant would not be getting off lightly on account of his age. This sounds like attempted murder and the ******** getting a slap on the wrist...

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I think we need a "Malcom X" for dealing with the bullying issue.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Was this during lunch time or was the lunch room otherwise empty?
Usually they have at least one teacher watching over the lunch room during lunch.

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
They Came to Kill GSK
Bullying is GOOD for kids though! Getting hospitalized after a felony assault builds character!

stare
There is a difference between Assault and Battery. This was full on battery. However getting charged with both do happen.

Friendly Bunny

5,950 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Friendly 100
Athena_flora

Funny story, something similar happened at my old middle school only it was some stupid kid who put dish washing soap into my eighth grade math teacher's food. How did the kid get into the teacher's lounge? No one knows, but the kid was back within a few days because his parents vouched for his "angelicness," saying that he would never do that and the said thing is that the parents were members of the school board or something to that affect.

--

And that bully's parents should be held accountable for his actions because for a kid to even do that to anyone in general means there's some kind of trouble in his home life. emotion_facepalm

Mechonis's Princess

Divine Phantom

Just another sad story that proves that public schools don't give a s**t about bullying.
This is why nothing has been done to stop bullying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff