Familiar Smoker

Nyadriel
TANRailgun
Nyadriel
TANRailgun
Nyadriel
Ringoringa
Texans protecting a (possibly) gay man! The end times are upon us! gonk

Seriously, though, you done good, Texas. You done good.

Seriously. Like how would he even know? Does he have proof? And I mean real actual proof? Because a guy wearing pink or purple just is not enough for me. I have seen men both white and black - and yellow and even red (forgetting the pc crap for a minute), and all straight men I might add, wearing pink or purple and looking good!. Far as I am concerned, gay or straight, a man can wear any damned color they want just as we can! Hell! My Land Lord is a straight man, married and wears pink sometimes! I don't get this "he's gay" crap just because he's wearing pink! I never understood it! I could live til I am 100 (and I just might) and still not understand it.
I have no idea what led crazy-dude to believe pink-shirt was gay. I'm guessing it was more than a pink shirt though, as there was another dude in a much brighter pink shirt (wheelchair guy) who remained unmolested.

If I had to guess I would say that either a) pink-shirt had speech patterns and/or mannerisms that people associate with gay men. or b) dude was drunk/and idiot and just picked a random dude.

That fact that another guy was also wearing pink still does not make me think "gay". It's October. What if these guys wearing pink have... Moms/sisters/aunts/cousins/wives(females)/friends alive and whether they are suffering from breast cancer or not... and... are you with me here?
Benefit of the doubt, ya know.

Dunno if the loser was drunk or not. But he was suuuuurrrreee immature!
I know, and I certainly wouldn't think someone is homosexual just because they wear pink, especially when the color is so common around this time of year, and ultimately it doesn't really matter what made crazy-dude think pink-shirt was gay.

While we're on the subject: I get that breast cancer is a major health threat to women, but why does it get so much more attention than other cancers and diseases? Lung cancer, for example, killed almost four times the number of people (159,260) as breast cancer (estimated at 40,000) this last year, prostate cancer was the cause of about the same number of deaths as breast cancer (39,000), and heart disease kills over 600,000 people a year,15 times the number of breast cancer deaths, and is the cause of 1/4 of all deaths in the US.

I'm not saying breast cancer isn't important, and I do approve of the public awareness campaigns to have people get tested and raise money for research, it's just that it seems to be disproportionately represented while other diseases are largely ignored.

A lot of it has more than just the cancer itself when it comes to issues. This support is not just for 'the cause'. It is also for emotional and psychological support as well as breast cancer affects a woman in soo so many ways. We women are taught at an early age that 'the bewbs are so important to a woman's worth' that she literally feels bad about herself, worthless and goes into a depression because of it. Hard for so many of these women to feel any kind of good about themselves. Plus it really does feel like "there is this thing missing".
That is part of it anyway. Unless you talk to a woman who is or has gone through it and ask her how important the support is...
I get that support is important, but are we then saying that victims of these other diseases don't deserve the same level of support?

Also: Boys are taught that their p***s and ability to sexually preform is extremely important to their worth and, like treatments for women with breast cancer, prostate cancer treatments undermine that. Again, breast cancer is important, by all means keep doing what you're doing...but can't we also focus on other problems too?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
TANRailgun
Nyadriel
TANRailgun
Nyadriel
TANRailgun
I have no idea what led crazy-dude to believe pink-shirt was gay. I'm guessing it was more than a pink shirt though, as there was another dude in a much brighter pink shirt (wheelchair guy) who remained unmolested.

If I had to guess I would say that either a) pink-shirt had speech patterns and/or mannerisms that people associate with gay men. or b) dude was drunk/and idiot and just picked a random dude.

That fact that another guy was also wearing pink still does not make me think "gay". It's October. What if these guys wearing pink have... Moms/sisters/aunts/cousins/wives(females)/friends alive and whether they are suffering from breast cancer or not... and... are you with me here?

I know, and I certainly wouldn't think someone is homosexual just because they wear pink, especially when the color is so common around this time of year, and ultimately it doesn't really matter what made crazy-dude think pink-shirt was gay.

While we're on the subject: I get that breast cancer is a major health threat to women, but why does it get so much more attention than other cancers and diseases? Lung cancer, for example, killed almost four times the number of people (159,260) as breast cancer (estimated at 40,000) this last year, prostate cancer was the cause of about the same number of deaths as breast cancer (39,000), and heart disease kills over 600,000 people a year,15 times the number of breast cancer deaths, and is the cause of 1/4 of all deaths in the US.

I'm not saying breast cancer isn't important, and I do approve of the public awareness campaigns to have people get tested and raise money for research, it's just that it seems to be disproportionately represented while other diseases are largely ignored.

A lot of it has more than just the cancer itself when it comes to issues. This support is not just for 'the cause'. It is also for emotional and psychological support as well as breast cancer affects a woman in soo so many ways. We women are taught at an early age that 'the bewbs are so important to a woman's worth' that she literally feels bad about herself, worthless and goes into a depression because of it. Hard for so many of these women to feel any kind of good about themselves. Plus it really does feel like "there is this thing missing".
That is part of it anyway. Unless you talk to a woman who is or has gone through it and ask her how important the support is...
I get that support is important, but are we then saying that victims of these other diseases don't deserve the same level of support?

Also: Boys are taught that their p***s and ability to sexually preform is extremely important to their worth and, like treatments for women with breast cancer, prostate cancer treatments undermine that. Again, breast cancer is important, by all means keep doing what you're doing...but can't we also focus on other problems too?

It is a bit harder to talk about prostate cancer than it is to talk about breast cancer as things stand now. You would have to talk to a man going through it to know how he is feeling.

As for other problems, I see support all over the place.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Mei tsuki7
Ratttking
Mei tsuki7
Luna_Douglas
Mei tsuki7
Luna_Douglas

Right, and I must be a racist because I don't approve of Obama. My fiance's sister knows very well how I feel about homosexuality, but at least she has the decency to respect other peoples' opinions.

There's a difference between saying "I don't approve of Obama." and "I don't approve of black people.". The later is what you flat out said about homosexuality. It is bigotry and anti-Christian.

Here's the thing about opinions. Opinions can be wrong and I sure as s**t don't have to respect people who think I'm going to hell or their opinions.

Anti-Christian? Have you even read the Bible?

Yep. Many of them. I also know of the original translations of the Bible. Homosexuality is not against the Bible and judging others is clearly said by Jesus to be a sin. You are judging and condemning people. YOU are the sinner. YOU are going against Jesus. YOU are violating God's word. NOT homosexuals. Plus again homosexuality is not a choice. God made people homosexual. If it was an issue then Jesus would have said something about it.
LOL. I remember your 'sources' for that nonsense: an ED thread and some ridiculous online group trying to pretend that practicing homosexuality is not an abomination in God's eyes. Being gay might not be a choice, but actually having sex with others of your gender is a choice.

Those aren't my sources. My sources are the actual Greek.
So you're saying it's ONLY sex with people of the same gender that is the sin? Not living with them as a married couple or loving them? So you think that God ONLY cares about sex? Really?
Except you don't understand a word of Greek. As I recall, your spiel was on the lines that 'they never said homosexual blah blah in the Bible' which is true, as it is an English word from the 19th c. The books comprising the Bible also never said a lot of other words that are associated with it now, such as 'God', 'sin', 'soul', etc because all of those words did not exist when it was written either. It's funny that you accept those words and thousands of others but quibble over the different ways that men AND women were told not to have gay sex.

In Christianity, sex outside of marriage is a sin - I thought you knew that much - marriage is to be between one man and one woman, no exceptions, and loving everybody is highly approved of - as long as it is not erotic love one is practicing. IMO, God seems to be a bit tetchy about matters of sex.

Why does it bother you so much that Christians consider gay sex etc to be sinful? It's not your religion, but if you knew even the most basic things about it, you would know that Jesus died as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind and that all sins can be forgiven.

Familiar Smoker

Nyadriel
TANRailgun
Nyadriel
TANRailgun
Nyadriel
TANRailgun

It is a bit harder to talk about prostate cancer than it is to talk about breast cancer as things stand now. You would have to talk to a man going through it to know how he is feeling.

As for other problems, I see support all over the place.

Not at the same level as breast cancer.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Well this thread turned out exactly like I thought it would.

Anyways, hooray for kind people in Texas. *throws confetti*

Bashful Businesswoman

Nyadriel
This Is NoMercy

When are people going to learn that tacking that qualifier on there is just going to make them look like they're the stupid bigot they don't want people to view them as?

Just a note: maybe I am a bigot. But my Lesbian friends (and I do have them) know I don't agree with the lifestyle (sex part). It's not a "qualifier" like you think it is for some of us. They don't keep as quiet as you think. You might, but they don't.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Every gay person I know including me only humors bigots like you because we see people like you as a lost cause.

But lol okay you keep telling yourself that.
TANRailgun
Kaltros
Mei tsuki7
Luna_Douglas
Mei tsuki7

There's a difference between saying "I don't approve of Obama." and "I don't approve of black people.". The later is what you flat out said about homosexuality. It is bigotry and anti-Christian.

Here's the thing about opinions. Opinions can be wrong and I sure as s**t don't have to respect people who think I'm going to hell or their opinions.

Yep. Many of them. I also know of the original translations of the Bible. Homosexuality is not against the Bible and judging others is clearly said by Jesus to be a sin. You are judging and condemning people. YOU are the sinner. YOU are going against Jesus. YOU are violating God's word. NOT homosexuals. Plus again homosexuality is not a choice. God made people homosexual. If it was an issue then Jesus would have said something about it.

There was that minor incident in the Old Testament about Sodom and Gomorrah.

And aren't YOU judging in this comment? "YOU are the sinner. YOU are violating God's word"?

Sounds pretty judgy to me. "Don't judge others, but let me give you an earful of all the ways I've judged you!"

You're not trying to hold other people to a standard you don't believe in, are you?

God
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.

-Ezekiel 16:49-50

I was always under the impression that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because they were full of bad people, not because (or at least JUST because) dudes wanted to have sex with angels (which were in male form). Considering all the bad s**t that is described about Sodom and Gomorrah focusing so much on the brief mention of homosexual rape among so many other sins described seems a bit like reading with an agenda.

Homosexuality being one of the things that made them 'bad people'.

And the book of Leviticus has this to say: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination."

I think Leviticus gives a pretty good idea what the 'abomination' in Ezekiel referred to. Especially considering that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed right after the homosexual rape attempt.

" Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." - Jude 1:7
Mei tsuki7
Kaltros
Mei tsuki7
Luna_Douglas
Mei tsuki7
Luna_Douglas

Right, and I must be a racist because I don't approve of Obama. My fiance's sister knows very well how I feel about homosexuality, but at least she has the decency to respect other peoples' opinions.

And aren't YOU judging in this comment? "YOU are the sinner. YOU are violating God's word"?

Sounds pretty judgy to me. "Don't judge others, but let me give you an earful of all the ways I've judged you!"

You're not trying to hold other people to a standard you don't believe in, are you?

Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed due to homosexuality.

I'm holding her to the standards of the religion she believes in. She's being hypocritical and ignoring a great deal of the Bible she says she believes in entirely.

And you seem to be taking Jesus out of context. And ignoring a great deal of the Bible yourself.

"24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John 7:24

Huh, there's Jesus telling people to judge righteously! But how can this be? Perhaps the other quote wasn't really meant as forbidding all judgement? There was that part that came after the famous Judge Not... What was it... "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” - Luke 6:38

Jesus seems to be calling for fair judgements, not an end to all judging. If all judging were really forbidden we'd have to close all the prisons, never punish anybody for anything, and abolish our whole legal system.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
This Is NoMercy
Nyadriel
This Is NoMercy

When are people going to learn that tacking that qualifier on there is just going to make them look like they're the stupid bigot they don't want people to view them as?

Just a note: maybe I am a bigot. But my Lesbian friends (and I do have them) know I don't agree with the lifestyle (sex part). It's not a "qualifier" like you think it is for some of us. They don't keep as quiet as you think. You might, but they don't.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Every gay person I know including me only humors bigots like you because we see people like you as a lost cause.

But lol okay you keep telling yourself that.

Oh boo hoo! You had bad experience with some people! Don't lay it out on me! You don't me or my friends, gay or straight. My hubby is a hetero, by the way. We been married 35 years and have a son.
"What do ya think i am, a b***h?" rofl

Familiar Smoker

Kaltros
TANRailgun
Kaltros
Mei tsuki7
Luna_Douglas

God
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.

-Ezekiel 16:49-50

I was always under the impression that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because they were full of bad people, not because (or at least JUST because) dudes wanted to have sex with angels (which were in male form). Considering all the bad s**t that is described about Sodom and Gomorrah focusing so much on the brief mention of homosexual rape among so many other sins described seems a bit like reading with an agenda.

Homosexuality being one of the things that made them 'bad people'.

And the book of Leviticus has this to say: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination."

I think Leviticus gives a pretty good idea what the 'abomination' in Ezekiel referred to. Especially considering that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed right after the homosexual rape attempt.

" Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." - Jude 1:7

Actually in Ezekiel god is speaking to a prostitute, and referring to the evil of her "sisters" in Sodom...so no gay sex, just paying for sex.

The bible lists tons of things as abomination for example:

Eating a ritual sacrifice (but only after 3 days?) Leviticus 7:18 (and 19:7)
Eating shellfish (or any other seafood that isn't fish) Leviticus 11:10-13
Eating birds of prey (also bats) Leviticus 11:12-13
Eating winged insects (but it specifically mentions ones that walk on four feet, so...none?) Leviticus 11:20 (and 11:23, and 11:41)

And that's just Leviticus, Deuteronomy goes on to describe many more abominations (for example: sacrificing any animal that isn't perfect(17:1), or being from another country or practicing magic(18:9-12))
Kaltros
Mei tsuki7
Kaltros
Mei tsuki7
Luna_Douglas

Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed due to homosexuality.

I'm holding her to the standards of the religion she believes in. She's being hypocritical and ignoring a great deal of the Bible she says she believes in entirely.

And you seem to be taking Jesus out of context. And ignoring a great deal of the Bible yourself.

"24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John 7:24

Huh, there's Jesus telling people to judge righteously! But how can this be? Perhaps the other quote wasn't really meant as forbidding all judgement? There was that part that came after the famous Judge Not... What was it... "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” - Luke 6:38

Jesus seems to be calling for fair judgements, not an end to all judging. If all judging were really forbidden we'd have to close all the prisons, never punish anybody for anything, and abolish our whole legal system.

There is a difference between religious judgement and societal judgement. We, as humans, do not have the right to judge spiritually. Only God can judge the human soul. That is clearly accepted in ALL of Christianity.

Your first verse is clearly speaking of judging individual people on appearance rather than who they are.

Your second verse has nothing to do with judgement llike you are thinking. It's basically speaking of a Christian version of Kharma.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Just because you're wearing pink as a guy does NOT mean you're gay.

He sure jumped into conclusions on that one. rolleyes
Man that guy really doesn't like pink shirts does he?

User Image

TANRailgun

Eating winged insects (but it specifically mentions ones that walk on four feet, so...none?)
Oh cool, I wonder if they were referring to praying mantises since they typically stand on 4 legs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff