Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

17,900 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100

8-year-old Angelina Giani of Boca Raton, Florida is a huge fan of Bratz dolls with over 30 in her collection. But when she started to notice that the dolls didn’t really resemble her, she decided to write to MGA Entertainment, the company behind Bratz. Angelina told WPTV News Channel 5 that she felt, "They only have like blonde hair, mostly blonde hair and they're like very, very tall.” She wrote to the doll makers requesting that they create a doll that more closely resembled her and even sent designs to accompany the hand written letter. Angelina said her letter began, “Dear MGA, I am a very big fan of you. I love all the dolls you make.” The illustrations depicted dolls with less makeup, shorter hair and longer dresses, which she felt more closely reflected her look. Angelina’s mother, Rosana Giani, said that her daughter is never afraid of being different and customizes her own clothes by cutting long sleeves, or sewing ruffles on pajama pants that are too short.

Four weeks after the letter was sent, LA based MGA Entertainment surprised Angelina and her mom by sending three custom made dolls that were inspired by their fan’s drawings. The company took Angelina’s sketches and transformed them into actual outfits for the dolls, used different shades to reflect the makeup drawn and gave one of the dolls a bob haircut like her illustration. “We were very impressed and touched by Angelina’s designs,” said an MGA representative. Rosana thought the letter was simply a great writing exercise for her daughter, and told WPTV, “I never knew they were going to respond, I didn't think they would take her seriously." Angelina said, “It felt kinda cool, and I felt proud.”

will the custom dolls cost more?

Frozen Detective

...They still make Bratz dolls? o.o;

Clean Seeker

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Weren't Bratz dolls pulled from the shelves after Mattel won a patent lawsuit which had alleged that Bratz ripped of Barbie?

Quotable Informer

17,900 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100
Scarred Sword Heart
Weren't Bratz dolls pulled from the shelves after Mattel won a patent lawsuit which had alleged that Bratz ripped of Barbie?
Nope We still sale them.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

11,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Scarred Sword Heart

I think Barbie probably ripped off Lisa Frank ... lol
EDIT: I mean Bratz probably ripped off Lisa Frank. Sorry.

Devoted Hunter

Blood Valkyrie
Scarred Sword Heart

Barbie's been around longer than Lisa Frank.
I prefer Monster High, anyway.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

11,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Umeko the Lamb
Blood Valkyrie
Scarred Sword Heart

Here's what I mean.

Devoted Hunter

Blood Valkyrie
Umeko the Lamb
Blood Valkyrie
Scarred Sword Heart

Here's what I mean.

I seriously couldn't care less.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

11,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Umeko the Lamb
Blood Valkyrie
Umeko the Lamb
Blood Valkyrie
Scarred Sword Heart

Here's what I mean.

Oh, I made a mistake. I meant that Bratz stole from Lisa Frank, maybe.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,400 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Blood Valkyrie
Umeko the Lamb
Blood Valkyrie
Umeko the Lamb
Blood Valkyrie
Scarred Sword Heart

Here's what I mean.

Naw, Not enough RAINBOW

Slayer

Scarred Sword Heart

Mattel lost the lawsuit. But they reduced bratz store items by a LOT. Also mattel is now ripping off bratz with the monster high dolls.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/mattel-loses-lawsuit-with-mga-bratz_n_852223.html

I'm a 20 year old with a 5 year old mind. I still like dolls. Maybe it is just nostalgia.

@ article.

That's cute and all... but I think this little girl is confusing barbie with bratz . They have doll variety. They have (or at least had in my time) a blonde, a brunette, a redhead, black haired one, and a black bratz

randomly googled bratz images, pretty sure they aren't mostly all blonde rolleyes

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quotable Informer

17,900 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100
Annata Cannata
Blood Valkyrie
Umeko the Lamb
Blood Valkyrie
Umeko the Lamb

Here's what I mean.

Naw, Not enough RAINBOW
You got that right. One thing I like about Lisa Frank

Quotable Informer

17,900 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100
Grace Gubreez
Scarred Sword Heart

Mattel lost the lawsuit. But they reduced bratz store items by a LOT. Also mattel is now ripping off bratz with the monster high dolls.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/mattel-loses-lawsuit-with-mga-bratz_n_852223.html

I'm a 20 year old with a 5 year old mind. I still like dolls. Maybe it is just nostalgia.

@ article.

That's cute and all... but I think this little girl is confusing barbie with bratz . They have doll variety. They have (or at least had in my time) a blonde, a brunette, a redhead, black haired one, and a black bratz

randomly googled bratz images, pretty sure they aren't mostly all blonde rolleyes

Well They are shipped based on Ethic Majority to various parts. In Some Cities, more black Bratz are sold verse the Blonde bratz. In Others Hispanic over rule them both. I work in Retail so I been seeing it. Barbie, Bratz, and a few other dolls are like that. It's one reason why I like Cabbage patch kids. They say none them are alike.

Slayer

xdivision_whitey
Grace Gubreez
Scarred Sword Heart

@ article.

Well They are shipped based on Ethic Majority to various parts. In Some Cities, more black Bratz are sold verse the Blonde bratz. In Others Hispanic over rule them both. I work in Retail so I been seeing it. Barbie, Bratz, and a few other dolls are like that. It's one reason why I like Cabbage patch kids. They say none them are alike.

That's weird I have never seen or heard about shipping due to ethic majority. Lol I remember the Cabbage patch kids.

Still, when I was little I wasn't bothered by the fact that Barbie's main doll was blonde and I am not blonde. I have so many blonde barbies. I also had a friend who played with barbies with me when I was little. She wasn't blonde and did not have a problem with that. We just saw them as dolls.

I don't see why this little girl has a problem with it. Sounds like a little b***h to me.

Sparkly Millionaire

10,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cool Cat 500
I hate Bratz dolls. Those things are ugly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff