Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xonked's Senpai

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
The boys scouts really should have done this a long time ago. Modern kids are becoming more open minded and thoughtful when it comes to homosexuality, and by promoting an anti-gay policy, they are alienating possible members. Plus, not like homosexuals will ruin their education in any way. They are just as, more so in some cases, intelligent and moral as heterosexual people.

Dangerous Lunatic

Prince Ikari
If the Boy Scouts do allow gay members then shame on them for compromising on their principles. I know if I have a son someday I will not allow him to participate if gay members are going to be allowed to participate with him and work under troop leaders who are also gay.
Are you worried that gayness is infectious?

Prince Ikari
I find it funny I get attacked for getting upset because I do not want a gay person talking about homosexual intercourse to my child. Like what hell? You people are a bunch of disturbing ***** if you think gays should be allowed to talk about homosexual intercourse to children.

Discussing sex is not sex, and approving of gay people being in an organization is not approving them discussing their sexuality with your child.
Further, there is no connection between homosexuality and *****.

That being said, I do approve of children being told about sex. Early too, so they understand what it means and what it is.
Sexual repression leads only to sexual frustration and misinformation, which can lead only to bad things.

On topic:
The boy scouts receive federal support, and must thus obey federal regulation. It's a wonder they haven't been called on this before.

Conservative Victory

Queen Shining Heaven
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari
If the Boy Scouts do allow gay members then shame on them for compromising on their principles. I know if I have a son someday I will not allow him to participate if gay members are going to be allowed to participate with him and work under troop leaders who are also gay.

Chillax, it's not like the number of gays in Boy Scouts is going to increase too much. Just, you know, the number of gays that will tell you and your son about their torrid nights of passionate butt-sex emotion_awesome

What an utterly disgusting, repulsive, horrific, atrocious, nauseating thought. emotion_donotwant
Gays will keep their nasty selves as far away as possible from both me and my future children speaking such inappropriate blasphemy.

Somebody never learned about sarcasm lol

Let me just say I feel that sarcasm is for smartasses who cannot take anything seriously. I do not deal with it. If you want to talk to me like an adult then do so, but keep the immature sarcastic comments away from me. talk2hand

Conservative Victory

Wolf Ookami Woof
While I did sense some mocking the person is right. Even at a privately funded religious school they would still probably be around a homosexual person. You would have to keep them locked away to keep them from being near a homosexual person.

I have no desire to lock my future children away but I do want to prevent them from being exposed to bad influences and to me homosexuality is a bad influence like drug use, gangs, violence, and teenage sex. I want destructive, culturally liberal attitudes and behaviors not corrupting my future children. I want them to grow up with some self-respect and moral integrity, not become some drug using bum who contributes nothing to society, or gets pregnant or contracts STDs.
Hooray since I did sign such petitions on Change.org, I used to be a Boy Scout, I did leave it but not for the reason of me being gay.

Fashionable Warlord

Prince Ikari

I have no desire to lock my future children away but I do want to prevent them from being exposed to bad influences and to me homosexuality is a bad influence like drug use, gangs, violence, and teenage sex. I want destructive, culturally liberal attitudes and behaviors not corrupting my future children. I want them to grow up with some self-respect and moral integrity, not become some drug using bum who contributes nothing to society, or gets pregnant or contracts STDs.

Saying gay people influence your kid to be gay is like saying Pokemon influences children to capture animals in small balls and force them to battle to the death with another person's animals. -.-
How is homosexuality bad again? Last time I checked, love was not a bad thing. To force such views on a child is bad. You shouldn't be teaching them hate and intolerance, you should be teaching him or her to be a good person and love everyone, no matter who or what they are. I find it highly offensive when you imply that all gay people are bad. I'm a 17 year old gay male and am dating a wonderful, kind young man. Moral integrity? I volunteer at my local animal shelter every other week. I get straight A's on my report card. I plan on remaining abstinent until I'm married. I've never gone NEAR any type of drug. I plan on going to medical school to become a nurse and make something of my life, and you're saying that people like me are bad and have no moral integrity?
I'm not saying you should stop believing what you do; you can't force someone's viewpoint to change. I'm just saying that announcing your hate and saying such rude things about people who can't help who they are is wrong and just plain mean.
You God frowns upon you for passing judgement.

On a topic-related note, Boy Scouts is definitely moving in the right direction. c:
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof
While I did sense some mocking the person is right. Even at a privately funded religious school they would still probably be around a homosexual person. You would have to keep them locked away to keep them from being near a homosexual person.

All I can say that life isn't so black and white. You can try to prevent them from being exposed to "bad" influences, but eventually they will be exposed. They will have to make that decision themselves to follow or not. Although I don't think you can influence someone to be homosexual. If you raise them straight with all the right people they can still turn out to be homosexual. So eh. You can do whatever you want, but I'm just saying if you want to completely prevent them you'd have to lock them up. I just hope you don't abandon your children if they don't turn out how you want them to.

Conservative Victory

Wolf Ookami Woof
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof

All I can say that life isn't so black and white. You can try to prevent them from being exposed to "bad" influences, but eventually they will be exposed. They will have to make that decision themselves to follow or not. Although I don't think you can influence someone to be homosexual. If you raise them straight with all the right people they can still turn out to be homosexual. So eh. You can do whatever you want, but I'm just saying if you want to completely prevent them you'd have to lock them up. I just hope you don't abandon your children if they don't turn out how you want them to.

Oh, and also add profanity and vulgar music to that list of things I want to prevent my children from being exposed to, though I know the odds of preventing that is slim to none. Well as far as I am concerned being around homosexual individuals only encourages bad behaviors. There is a reason that almost all homosexuals are liberal after all. And to me liberals encourage drug use, teen and premarital sex, encourage sexual promiscuity in our society, profanity and disrespect for others. I am not all that religious but once society began secularizing, kids started turning into monsters and now our society sucks today, getting its cultural guidance from the Kardashians, Comedy Central, and MTV.

I would never abandon my future children. I would be disappointed if I felt they got involved in the wrong things or lived a lifestyle I found unacceptable but I would still be there for them. And hopefully I can raise them right I can be proud of them and brag to everyone how much I love my future children and how I could not be more proud of them. If they turn out right, my future son will be a gentleman, one who works hard and wants to provide for his future family, and if my future daughter turns out right, she will be a proper young lady who marries and settles down with a nice family-oriented man. Both of my children will grow up fiscally and socially conservative, as well as moderately religious. I will try my best to help them excel in their academics and in stimulating extracurricular activities, and if I am lucky, they will not drink, smoke, do drugs, will not engage in teen or pre-marital sex, certainly stay far away from homosexuality and everything else LGBT, stay away from secular, atheistic values, be strong conservative champions like me, and keep cussing to a minimum.
Prince Ikari

Oh, and also add profanity and vulgar music to that list of things I want to prevent my children from being exposed to, though I know the odds of preventing that is slim to none. Well as far as I am concerned being around homosexual individuals only encourages bad behaviors. There is a reason that almost all homosexuals are liberal after all. And to me liberals encourage drug use, teen and premarital sex, encourage sexual promiscuity in our society, profanity and disrespect for others. I am not all that religious but once society began secularizing, kids started turning into monsters and now our society sucks today, getting its cultural guidance from the Kardashians, Comedy Central, and MTV.

I would never abandon my future children. I would be disappointed if I felt they got involved in the wrong things or lived a lifestyle I found unacceptable but I would still be there for them. And hopefully I can raise them right I can be proud of them and brag to everyone how much I love my future children and how I could not be more proud of them. If they turn out right, my future son will be a gentleman, one who works hard and wants to provide for his future family, and if my future daughter turns out right, she will be a proper young lady who marries and settles down with a nice family-oriented man. Both of my children will grow up fiscally and socially conservative, as well as moderately religious. I will try my best to help them excel in their academics and in stimulating extracurricular activities, and if I am lucky, they will not drink, smoke, do drugs, will not engage in teen or pre-marital sex, certainly stay far away from homosexuality and everything else LGBT, stay away from secular, atheistic values, be strong conservative champions like me, and keep cussing to a minimum.

I like that you won't just abandon your children like I know some families do. If I ever turned out the way my parents didn't want me to they wouldn't abandon me either. Which is nice to know especially now that I'm a full blown adult that defiantly doesn't share all their views.

I don't think homosexual encourage bad behaviors. The lot of them I know severely discourage a lot of those bad behaviors. The only thing you think is wrong with them is that they are homosexual. And I would honestly like to see you try to prove most of them are liberals, but I don't think you can. It'll be an opinion. Which I guess is yours to have just like the opinion about liberals.

Although I must say that having a secular system protects you and your religion. If we didn't have a secular system in place some leader who had been hiding thier views could step up and make everyone satanists. Now I know what I'm saying is a bit extreme, but it could happen if our government wasn't secular. That is why we split from Britain. Britain would get a new leader in power and everyone had to be that denomination or they suffered sever consequences. Sometimes they would suffer death. None secularism is also how someone like Saddam gains power. The religion can control a nation... which is bad.

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
NOT TO BE FACETIOUS ABOUT IT BECAUSE THERE ARE SEPARATE ORGANIZATIONS OF BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA AND GIRL SCOUTS OF AMERICAN . WHY COULDN'T THEY FOUND A GAY SCOUTS OF AMERICA TO SATISFY THE NEED.? THAT WAY EVERYBODY WOULD BE HAPPY?
Prince Ikari
Well as far as I am concerned being around homosexual individuals only encourages bad behaviors.

Are you sure you've never been around a gay person? Pretty hard not to be, since like 1 in every 10 people is gay. Did you catch bad behaviors from anybody? Are you sure they wre gay? rolleyes

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
On Topic: Good for the gays that want to go there. Bad, because even going there under either orientation doesn't prove anything. The general high school populous calls them all prissy little girls, anyway.

Regards to the derailed thread: The ********? Peeps need to be taking their meds.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

Chillax, it's not like the number of gays in Boy Scouts is going to increase too much. Just, you know, the number of gays that will tell you and your son about their torrid nights of passionate butt-sex emotion_awesome

What an utterly disgusting, repulsive, horrific, atrocious, nauseating thought. emotion_donotwant
Gays will keep their nasty selves as far away as possible from both me and my future children speaking such inappropriate blasphemy.

You're gonna have the luck to have a perfectly "normal" son. one who upholds the christian faith, one who gets along well in the community but when he turns 18 he will come up to you and say "mom, this is my boyfriend Steve. I'm gay." And there will be nothing you can do about it but cry in your shame and misery and fade from the world because nobody gives a s**t about your "principles." Either that or every child you have will turn out to be gay. This is the curse I throw upon you. And then you will be rendered infertile so you can't "fix your mistakes"

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof

I want them to grow up with some self-respect and moral integrity, not become some drug using bum who contributes nothing to society, or gets pregnant or contracts STDs.

I'm Bi-sexual. I am studying to be in the criminal justice field. Pretty soon I will be in the corrections department of my local prison. I will help people get out of prison and integrate back into society. I am a liberal. I a not a "drug using bum" I deplore drug use. I am 23 years old and have never been pregnant. I do not have any STDs. Are you saying that because I am liberal and bi-sexual, my work in the Criminal Justice Field helping people get back into society won't be contributing anything?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff