Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari
If the Boy Scouts do allow gay members then shame on them for compromising on their principles. I know if I have a son someday I will not allow him to participate if gay members are going to be allowed to participate with him and work under troop leaders who are also gay.

Chillax, it's not like the number of gays in Boy Scouts is going to increase too much. Just, you know, the number of gays that will tell you and your son about their torrid nights of passionate butt-sex emotion_awesome

What an utterly disgusting, repulsive, horrific, atrocious, nauseating thought. emotion_donotwant
Gays will keep their nasty selves as far away as possible from both me and my future children speaking such inappropriate blasphemy.

I always wonder if teaching your child bigotry, hate and prejudice could be counted as child abuse...

Conservative Victory

Mei tsuki7
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari
If the Boy Scouts do allow gay members then shame on them for compromising on their principles. I know if I have a son someday I will not allow him to participate if gay members are going to be allowed to participate with him and work under troop leaders who are also gay.

Chillax, it's not like the number of gays in Boy Scouts is going to increase too much. Just, you know, the number of gays that will tell you and your son about their torrid nights of passionate butt-sex emotion_awesome

What an utterly disgusting, repulsive, horrific, atrocious, nauseating thought. emotion_donotwant
Gays will keep their nasty selves as far away as possible from both me and my future children speaking such inappropriate blasphemy.

I always wonder if teaching your child bigotry, hate and prejudice could be counted as child abuse...

So a difference of opinion is considered bigotry, hate, and prejudice by those of you on the left who speak bigotry and hate of those of us on the right all the time and deny that it is? Hypocrite! I can teach my future children whatever I wish. If I do not want them around gays then that is my prerogative. You can love the gays all you want but not everyone feels the same way you do so get use to it and stop complaining. Call me a bigot all you want but I wear it as my badge that shows I stand up for my beliefs, whether you hate them or not. Though I do find it funny that those of you on the left decry everyone you disagree with as a bigot and their opinions hateful. Learn to be more open-minded and tolerant yourself before you think of lecturing me.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Prince Ikari
Mei tsuki7
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

So a difference of opinion is considered bigotry, hate, and prejudice by those of you on the left who speak bigotry and hate of those of us on the right all the time and deny that it is? Hypocrite! I can teach my future children whatever I wish. If I do not want them around gays then that is my prerogative. You can love the gays all you want but not everyone feels the same way you do so get use to it and stop complaining. Call me a bigot all you want but I wear it as my badge that shows I stand up for my beliefs, whether you hate them or not. Though I do find it funny that those of you on the left decry everyone you disagree with as a bigot and their opinions hateful. Learn to be more open-minded and tolerant yourself before you think of lecturing me.

Is it a difference of opinion to teach children to hate people who have dark skin or red hair or something else innate?

Gay people exist. They always have and they always will. So get used to it and stop complaining. And learn to be more open-minded and tolerant yourself before you think of lecturing the rest of us.

Conservative Victory

Vampirate Kitsune
Prince Ikari
Mei tsuki7
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

Is it a difference of opinion to teach children to hate people who have dark skin or red hair or something else innate?

Gay people exist. They always have and they always will. So get used to it and stop complaining. And learn to be more open-minded and tolerant yourself before you think of lecturing the rest of us.

As I have stated a million times on Gaia skin color is static. There is no changing skin color. You have no control over your skin color. But not everyone accepts the premise that homosexuality is natural and that people are born gay. I consider it a choice, one in which they could easy fix by choosing not to live that lifestyle. But go figure. There is no solid proof as to why homosexuality occurs. People believe it is natural, a choice, the result of environment, the result of genetics, we all differ in our opinions.

Of course they have. Back in Ancient Greece and Rome old men would be involved sexually with young boys. And I will only do so when left-wingers like you finally start practicing what you preach and lead on the tolerance and open-mindedness, and stop trying to label everyone whom they disagree with as a bigot and their opinions hate speech. As if everyone in society has to agree with cultural liberalism and accepting and loving of everything regardless of the beliefs of others. But I consider myself plenty tolerant so I am not really concerned. I find it funny I get attacked for getting upset because I do not want a gay person talking about homosexual intercourse to my child. Like what hell? You people are a bunch of disturbing ***** if you think gays should be allowed to talk about homosexual intercourse to children.
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

Keep your son close. You never know when a gay is lurking about. You wouldn't want him to catch "the gay"!

Gay recruiters distribute that s**t EVERYWHERE. It's just awful!

Conservative Victory

Silnora
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

Keep your son close. You never know when a gay is lurking about. You wouldn't want him to catch "the gay"!

Well I don't have a son yet but yes I plan to keep my children close. I will monitor what they are exposed to and if I have enough money, I will be sending them to a private or religious school.
Prince Ikari
Silnora
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

Well I don't have a son yet but yes I plan to keep my children close. I will monitor what they are exposed to and if I have enough money, I will be sending them to a private or religious school.

You never know where a gay will pop up. Even a religious private school; don't you know anything!? There are TONS of stories about preacher's sons and daughters becoming gay. It can happen even when someone is raised under the strict word of God . Better to home school and keep him locked away from society for the rest of his life. He won't have friends and he'll probably be as close-minded and jaded as you are but surely with YOUR teachings he'll never be gay. Westboro Baptist Church has got it right! That's how the world should work! emotion_drool

Conservative Victory

Silnora
Prince Ikari
Silnora
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

You never know where a gay will pop up. Even a religious private school; don't you know anything!? There are TONS of stories about preacher's sons and daughters becoming gay. It can happen even when someone is raised under the strict word of God . Better to home school and keep him locked away from society for the rest of his life. He won't have friends and he'll probably be as close-minded and jaded as you are but surely with YOUR teachings he'll never be gay. Westboro Baptist Church has got it right! That's how the world should work! emotion_drool

There is no need to mock someone for not agreeing with a lifestyle choice you support.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Silnora
Prince Ikari
Silnora
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

He should just send his kid to the Westboro Baptist Church so that they can teach the lil tike right.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Prince Ikari
Vampirate Kitsune
Prince Ikari
Mei tsuki7
Prince Ikari

As I have stated a million times on Gaia skin color is static. There is no changing skin color. You have no control over your skin color. But not everyone accepts the premise that homosexuality is natural and that people are born gay. I consider it a choice, one in which they could easy fix by choosing not to live that lifestyle. But go figure. There is no solid proof as to why homosexuality occurs. People believe it is natural, a choice, the result of environment, the result of genetics, we all differ in our opinions.

Of course they have. Back in Ancient Greece and Rome old men would be involved sexually with young boys. And I will only do so when left-wingers like you finally start practicing what you preach and lead on the tolerance and open-mindedness, and stop trying to label everyone whom they disagree with as a bigot and their opinions hate speech. As if everyone in society has to agree with cultural liberalism and accepting and loving of everything regardless of the beliefs of others. But I consider myself plenty tolerant so I am not really concerned. I find it funny I get attacked for getting upset because I do not want a gay person talking about homosexual intercourse to my child. Like what hell? You people are a bunch of disturbing ***** if you think gays should be allowed to talk about homosexual intercourse to children.

And human sexuality is also static. It doesn't change. That much has been known since at least the mid-20th century. You can read about in the American Congressional Record of the early 1950s if you like, when the government's own health experts told Congress -- with regrets -- that homosexuality was not a psychological disorder and not a behavioural disorder but simply a fact of being. In fact, if you read medical literature of the post-war 1940s, you'd discover that a substantial number of medical professionals questioned the common "wisdom" that homosexuality is a choice. By the early 1970s, the majority of medical professionals accepted that it is not. And now researchers are homing in on physical evidence that sexuality is determined before birth.

But religion is also static. Beliefs do not change in light of facts. And belief-based hatred will stay strong despite truth. And the more science discovers to the contrary, the deeper the hatred is inculcated. Perhaps we can characterize your hatred and bigotry as an opinion on that basis: "it's what I was told to believe". But tolerant? Not a bit. Ignorant certainly.

You have undoubtedly met and interacted with many, many gay people in your life without knowing it. You've gone to school with them. You've sat beside them on trains. You've done business with them in shops. You've even met them in church (they are usually the ones who condemn homosexuality in the loudest, harshest tones so no one will suspect the truth). Classmates, co-workers, acquaintances, even friends and fellow church members. You like them as long as you don't know they're gay. And contact with them hasn't affected you one bit. But I have no doubt you would shut them out of your life if you knew the truth.

I won't address your shaky grasp of history (have you forgotten ancient Rome? Or the Samurai class in Japan? to name only two) or your stereotypical imaginings about gay people talking with children except to say that I have heard many, many straights talk inappropriately to children about het sex and not a single gay talk to a child about gay sex.

I think we both know that we cannot agree on the subject. But I hope we can agree to stop carrying on with an argument that will otherwise have no end.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Prince Ikari
Silnora
Prince Ikari
Silnora
Prince Ikari

There is no need to mock someone for not agreeing with a lifestyle choice you support.

Smoking is a lifestyle choice. Being vegetarian is a lifestyle choice. Being anything but "straight" is NOT a lifestyle choice as the person in question does not choose to be what they are just like you never chose to be the stereotypical "straight" person. The fact you are are blurting out false information to back your beliefs only lowers your argument's credibility.

Most of my friends are anything but "straight" and they are the most amazing people I have ever met. I have known them for years, and yet here I am, entirely "straight" and not influenced by their sexual preferences. There are plenty of children that are raised by "non-straight" parents that come out "straight", so the whole "gay people can influence my future children's sexual preferences" argument is ridiculous and has no merit as there has never been an unbiased study that has proven otherwise.

The Ten Commandments and Jesus teach us to respect one another and to let God be the only one who can judge a person for how he/she lives his/her life, so why are you hating on "non-straight" folk by refusing to allow your future children to interact with them without judging them for something that is otherwise none of your business (how they go about their sex lives)? Do you as well take out certain passages from the Bible and use them to justify your beliefs all the while ignoring others that you refuse to acknowledge that you go against, thus sinning many times over?
Prince Ikari

the problem is a ban like that didn't really keep the lbgt people out. It just made them keep silent sort of like the law that forced soldiers to. What are you going to do about a boy who is gay that goes through and doesn't tell anyone? Nothing unless you can mind read or something. This just allows people to be honest and open without discrimination which should have never happened in the first place seeing as how they get public funding.

That is right. I checked out the scouts and they get government funding like schools do. What gives them the right to take tax payer dollars and discriminate on people like that?

Prince Ikari

While I did sense some mocking the person is right. Even at a privately funded religious school they would still probably be around a homosexual person. You would have to keep them locked away to keep them from being near a homosexual person.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Prince Ikari
kakteed
Prince Ikari

Somebody never learned about sarcasm lol

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Well, if they want to do that, then. I never got the appeal of boy scouts either way

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff