Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
A 3-year-old boy has died a day after being left in a hot car for several hours while his mother and a family friend were in church for a choir practice, police said Monday.

Officer James Holmes says the family friend had taken the boy and other children to a church where the friend and the child's mother had choir practice late Saturday morning. The mother had arrived earlier.

Hayden Nelson was not discovered missing for three hours, following the end of choir practice at 2 p.m. By then, temperatures had reached the high 90s, and the child wasn't breathing when he was found in the vehicle, Holmes said.

"It's obvious that the 27-year-old forgot that the child was in the car," Holmes said, referring to the family friend. "She was in a hurry. She had something that she had to do, and she didn't take a minute to make sure."

The boy was hospitalized in extremely critical condition but died Sunday afternoon.

Police did not immediately identify the friend. The case will be referred to prosecutors to decide whether to press charges, Holmes said.

"You cannot imagine what this lady is going through right now, what this family is going through," Holmes said of the friend.

Poor babe

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image

That poor baby though

Tipsy Smoker

If you have the ability to forget about children in your care then you should not care for children. ******** whatever she is going through. That child is dead .

Undead Enchantress

More cooked children.
At three, I would have thought the child was old enough to call for help or even exit the car. Was he fastened into some special seat that was difficult to escape from?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Quote:
Officer James Holmes says the family friend had taken the boy and other children to a church where the friend and the child's mother had choir practice late Saturday morning. The mother had arrived earlier.

Soooo, the other kids with the friend were brought in to safety, but just the boy was left in the car? Suspicious.

Undead Enchantress

Fireweed_honey
Quote:

Soooo, the other kids with the friend were brought in to safety, but just the boy was left in the car? Suspicious.

Oh, that's interesting.

Feral Nymph

Erynne
More cooked children.
At three, I would have thought the child was old enough to call for help or even exit the car. Was he fastened into some special seat that was difficult to escape from?

At 3 they're still in those godawful car seats that seem to be as difficult as humanly possible to get children in and out of. My nieces are still in the car seat age and I don't think I've ever been able to buckle either of them in without pinching a finger or two.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Chahklet
If you have the ability to forget about children in your care then you should not care for children. ******** whatever she is going through. That child is dead .

Agreed. What is so damned important that you gotta hurry for choir practice rather than either a) getting their and be a few minutes earlier so you won't be in such a hurry, or b) not being in such a hurry and just be late?

Kawaii Shoujo

There are a lot of unanswered questions as far as I can see, like for instance... how could the three year old be missed? Why didn't the boy's mother wondered where her own child was when her friend and the other children arrived? Why didn't the mother take her own child with her? How come anyone didn't double check to make certain all the kids were there? Why didn't the other children inform the adults that Hayden was still in the car?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ok, so what would have been the issue with bringing the kid inside? Why did they leave him?

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Chahklet
I wonder if she really forgot or if that is just an excuse so she does not get into deeper trouble, like gets a lesser charge. How could you not notice a three year old missing. Probably did not want to chase after him and purposely left him in the car then claimed she forgot.

Kawaii Shoujo

FirstBornTriplet
Chahklet
I wonder if she really forgot or if that is just an excuse so she does not get into deeper trouble, like gets a lesser charge. How could you not notice a three year old missing. Probably did not want to chase after him and purposely left him in the car then claimed she forgot.
That's a very sickening possibility emotion_0A0

Tipsy Smoker

FirstBornTriplet
Chahklet
And it seems weird that a church wouldn't allow a 3 year old to choir practice.

5,350 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I don't car who you are, when you have a child or an animal in the car don't leave them behind. Some people think its fine because their in the car. Please their lives are in your hands too.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Erynne
More cooked children.
child safety lock on doors makes it so kids do not open the door when it is in motion and makes it hard to escape. Kid was pry in a booster seat. Of course it is bizarre that they wouldn't take the kid into the church and mothers should not forget their kid especially for something as routine and easily skipped as a choir practice. Choir practice is far less important than a child.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff