Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Citizen

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
Eveille

Also, will the trees survive at such altitude when there are no other trees around them to buffer the wind and desiccation?

Your conscern over trees that are unprotected from the wind and elements isn't necessary, have you ever looked at a maple tree in a forest and compared it to a maple tree sitting in the middle of an empty field? the forest tree is significanlty thinner because it didn't need the thick trunk the one in the field has. not to mention it had to share resources with other trees around it and compete for a spot in the top for sunlight where the one in the field had no resource competition and grew big and wide. that is where my conscern over structural damage comes into play, the small thin normally forest trees tend to be fine for this sort of thing, but if there isn't enough resource competition then the trees are going to get big and thick, and the root system of a tree that is big and thick is about as big as its branching.

As for altitude issues, they just plant different trees at different levels...

another conscern I would have is how would a forest fire go on that building... a lightning strike is all it would take if conditions are right.

Dangerous Citizen

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
X_Torric_X
Am I the only one who looked at the pictures and thought "Minecraft logic"?

probably where they got their idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces