Welcome to Gaia! ::

kakteed
Reycom-Andrews
one guy had this odd way of secretly expressing his frustration - by wearing white shoes with blue laces.

That's way secret, yo. I wear white shoes with blue laces O.o

something about the sneaker industry is starting to dawn on me... something sinister. sad
Vertigris
Some people are so disgusting, ugh.

perhaps they are disgusting because their parents or guardians have failed to teach them proper lessons in life.

Dedicated Loiterer

Reycom-Andrews
Vertigris
Some people are so disgusting, ugh.

perhaps they are disgusting because their parents or guardians have failed to teach them proper lessons in life.

Probably. : (

Dangerous Visionary

kakteed

He didn't mean it literally.

Asians AREN'T currently societally considered "people of color" since we became the bullshit "Model Minority." Being a person of color generally connotes an ongoing struggle within the race; as a "privileged" minority (lol), we aren't struggling quite as hard.

No statistical or article-based evidence to support this. However, when I was going to college in Baltimore, there was a "People of Color" celebration during Black History Month; black and Hispanic students all got direct e-mails about the event and participation; none of the Asians, pale-skinned or otherwise, did.

But we are still minorities and consider non-white so thus we are of some color. You're school kind of sucks for that. Do you guys even do IDK Chinese New Year's?
DAM RACISTS

Fashionable Hunter

Miss-dark8607
kakteed

He didn't mean it literally.

Asians AREN'T currently societally considered "people of color" since we became the bullshit "Model Minority." Being a person of color generally connotes an ongoing struggle within the race; as a "privileged" minority (lol), we aren't struggling quite as hard.

No statistical or article-based evidence to support this. However, when I was going to college in Baltimore, there was a "People of Color" celebration during Black History Month; black and Hispanic students all got direct e-mails about the event and participation; none of the Asians, pale-skinned or otherwise, did.

But we are still minorities and consider non-white so thus we are of some color. You're school kind of sucks for that. Do you guys even do IDK Chinese New Year's?

Lol, we do. We do all the Asian stuff like the Moon Festival and Chinese New Year's, and White Day to pair with Valentine's day, but it's really separate from the stuff the Black and Hispanic Unions do together.
have there been any more reports about these bleach bombings?
i can already imagine the victims showing their disgust by wearing plain white sneakers on a regular basis.
the problem with these racists is that they think they're clean but their pride/ego makes them look dirty already.

Fashionable Hunter

Reycom-Andrews
have there been any more reports about these bleach bombings?

Quote:
HOUSTON -- Police at the University of Texas at Austin are investigating reports that four students have been assaulted with bleach-filled balloons while walking near campus.

The four alleged victims of the "bleach bomb" incidents, which occurred between June and September, were Asian or African American.

"They did not file reports when the alleged incidents happened. Our chief of police heard about the incidents through the grapevine and sought out the victims," asking them to file reports, Cindy Posey, spokeswoman for campus police, told the Los Angeles Times. The alleged victims did so on Tuesday and Wednesday, she said.

Police, however, have not confirmed that the balloons were filled with bleach, or that the attacks happened, Posey said.

"There's been no proof," such as bleach-stained clothing, Posey said, but she added that the investigation is ongoing. "Nobody's denying that it's happening."

"We want our students to feel safe on campus and in West Campus," she said, referring to the off-campus neighborhood where the attacks allegedly occurred.

Posey said that pranks -- especially dropping items on people from balconies -- are common on the sprawling campus, which has more than 50,000 students.

"It is assault -- if you get hit with something," she said. Addressing the possibility that students were targeted because of their race, she stressed: "UT is so opposed to any kind of racial violence like that."

Austin police are also investigating the reported attacks, Posey said.

On Tuesday, dozens of people gathered at a campus statue of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. to protest the alleged attacks. Sophomore Taylor Carr, who said he was attacked with a bleach bomb, addressed demonstrators.

"It is people of color they are attacking in West Campus," Carr said, according to the campus newspaper, the Horn. "Until we put pressure on the university to [protect] us, these events are going to keep happening."

Jaysen Runnels, an African American student, told KVUE-TV that he was hit twice by the balloons, dropped from high-rise buildings.

"It's very frustrating to know that it's 2012 and that stuff like this still happens," Runnels said.

The university's fraternity/sorority community recently faced criticism for racially themed parties, including a "Fiesta" event at which guests wore shirts saying "Illegal" and "Border Patrol."

Source
When I started readiing this, I thought that high school bullying had been taken to a new extreme, but to hear that it's a bunch of college students disappoints me, because they should be bigger than that, and learn from the past, to treat people better, no matter race or gender
Don't they have better things to do.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
WTF??? I knew there were some knuckle-draggers that went to UTex@ Austin but this is beyond stupid.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
That's a pretty shitty thing to do-to drop bleach filled balloons on people. Water filled balloons are one thing, but bleach can actually cause physical harm if it's ingested somehow, or even get's in the eyes.

Also, was it just blacks and asians in particular who got hit with them? Or were there also some white people?

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

Reycom-Andrews
after reading a few related articles about this same subject, i'd have to say these racist fags need to have a lot of sense knocked into them.
bleach bombs? how much more if they get hit by balloons filled with ink?!
While what these people did was deplorable, there's no reason to call them fags, as if to suggest homosexuality is a bad thing.

Or are you suggesting that they are cigarette butts?

Fashionable Hunter

Sleep Isabella
Reycom-Andrews
after reading a few related articles about this same subject, i'd have to say these racist fags need to have a lot of sense knocked into them.
bleach bombs? how much more if they get hit by balloons filled with ink?!
While what these people did was deplorable, there's no reason to call them fags, as if to suggest homosexuality is a bad thing.

Or are you suggesting that they are cigarette butts?

******** cigarette butts xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces