Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

Israeli government admits it had used birth control drugs without consent on some Ethiopian Jews.

Quote:
Ethiopian Jews in Israel are expressing outrage over revelations that the Israeli government gave some of them long-term birth control injections.

This week the Israeli government admitted it had used the drug on some Ethiopian women without their consent.

Many of the women say they now feel the state has been controlling their fertility.

Fashionable Vampire

10,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
yum_tea Disgusting. Just like no one should be forced to be pregnant against their will, no one should have birth control forced on them. Women have the right to control their fertility on their own. No government has the right to to make medical decisions for its people without their knowledge or consent.

Interesting Lunatic

Sweet Peppermint Tea
yum_tea Disgusting. Just like no one should be forced to be pregnant against their will, no one should have birth control forced on them. Women have the right to control their fertility on their own. No government has the right to to make medical decisions for its people without their knowledge or consent.
ThisThisThisAMILLIONTIMESTHIS
Women, being just as much human beings as men are, have the right to have the absolute final say about what is or isn't done with their body, medically or otherwise.
Gov'ments, stahp.

Smitten Hunter

11,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Marathon 300
emotion_facepalm

Golden Millionaire

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Okay, my question is: why?
Queen Shining Heaven

Because Orthodox Zionist Israeli Jews are bigoted assholes. Basically it was done because these people were not white and the Israeli government has this giant fear of the Arabs and Blacks taking over. Which is why so many Arabs are not allowed to vote or become citizens.

Golden Millionaire

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Mei tsuki7
Queen Shining Heaven

Because Orthodox Zionist Israeli Jews are bigoted assholes. Basically it was done because these people were not white and the Israeli government has this giant fear of the Arabs and Blacks taking over. Which is why so many Arabs are not allowed to vote or become citizens.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that, but is there a source for that?
Queen Shining Heaven
Mei tsuki7
Queen Shining Heaven

Yeah, I figured it was something like that, but is there a source for that?

Well the article itself is a pretty good source. Could you think of any other reason why they wouldn't want Black Jews to procreate?

As for the Arab part, why do you think Israel refuses to negotiate a one state solution? Because they'd have to make all the Arabs in the West Bank Israeli citizens with the same rights as Jewish citizens. That would skew their government towards the Arabs. Especially since the Arabs have a birthrate much higher than the Jews. The Zionists fear that if they allow the Arabs in that Israel will no longer be a Jewish state. And they're right. So they do everything in their power to make sure that doesn't happen.

Quotable Informer

16,100 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100
Queen Shining Heaven
That what I was wondering. Is it because of Sickle Cell anemia? Is it because they are on the welfare system there? *goes to look*

From what it looks like These women didn't know what they were getting into.

One article

I'll try to find more on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff