Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Wolf

Quote:
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Two white doves that were released by children standing alongside Pope Francis as a peace gesture have been attacked by other birds.

As tens of thousands of people watched in St. Peter's Square on Sunday, a seagull and a large black crow swept down on the doves right after they were set free from an open window of the Apostolic Palace.

One dove lost some feathers as it broke free from the gull. But the crow pecked repeatedly at the other dove.

It was not clear what happened to the doves as they flew off.

While speaking at the window beforehand, Francis had appealed for peace in Ukraine, where anti-government protesters have died.

http://news.yahoo.com/birds-attack-peace-doves-freed-pope-39-window-131852384.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/white-doves-released-kids-standing-pope-attacked-article-1.1591758
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546218/Birds-released-Vatican-gesture-peace-immediately-attacked-vicious-seagull-crow.html

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
It's like some outside force wanted to make a statement about the world.

Ice-Cold Wolf

crownvetch

Yeah, it's two different species of bird too.
crownvetch

Yeah, and that statement is "There is no God".

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
crownvetch

The statement is "Crows don't like doves in their territory"

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
That's hilarious! smile
I don't hate the pope or the pigeons but come on, that sounds more like a Robot Chicken skit than real life.

On a side note - I found the crow's tow toned coloring interesting. The ones around here are all black.

Gaian

Okay, I feel sort of sad that that sort of omen dropped, but I laughed at the thought of those tiny doves being strafed by that crow and seagull. That's some crazy natural black comedy right there.

PralineQueen's Husband

Conservative Cat

13,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Married 100
crownvetch

Vladimir Putin?

Quote:
It was not clear what happened to the doves as they flew off.

Found poisoned with polonium 210, no doubt.
Kazuma
crownvetch

Vladimir Putin?

If anything it's a sign for Putin.

The dove is his pet Olympics.
The crow is Caucasian terrorists.
And the seagull is a Ukrainian civil war caused by him sticking his p***s in Ukrainian politics too much.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
rofl omfg...I feel bad for the birds, but crows are pretty territorial and seagulls are flying assholes, that's just a fact of life. Poor kids having to see that and the pope having to explain that not all god's creatures get along, while questioning if God is trying to tell him something...I hope the doves are okay.

Familiar Lover

Were the doves Jewish?

Liberal Gaian

9,750 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
THAT Changes Everything
Were the doves Jewish?

How can birds be Jewish? They're not people. Was that intended as a racist comment? Sure sounds like it.
THAT Changes Everything
Were the doves Jewish?

This doesn't even make sense as a racist joke.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
xXFurygeistXx
rofl omfg...I feel bad for the birds, but crows are pretty territorial and seagulls are flying assholes, that's just a fact of life. Poor kids having to see that and the pope having to explain that not all god's creatures get along, while questioning if God is trying to tell him something...I hope the doves are okay.

The doves that were attacked by the seagulls, I can assure you are not alright. Those birds are more than just assholes. They will even steal any baby kitten and eat them. So I am guessing the doves that were attacked by the gulls were eaten.

Not sure about the crows.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Nyadriel
xXFurygeistXx

The doves that were attacked by the seagulls, I can assure you are not alright. Those birds are more than just assholes. They will even steal any baby kitten and eat them. So I am guessing the doves that were attacked by the gulls were eaten.

Not sure about the crows.

Note to self: Shoot every gull that moves...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff