Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wintry Dragon

kiironobara
A mali
I got my hopes up when I saw hocus-pocus science. No magic-science hybrids? emo

They have proven magic exists with about the same veracity as they've proved Sasquatch exists. Gotta work harder on it.
lol. I'll keep the faith!

King Noob

Shama_okami
TANRailgun
--Sky Kid Tai--
I'm sorry, isn't it the point of science and debate to hear all sides of discussion regardless of dismissal or not? This really sounds like a case of "SHUT UP! I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, GO DIE IN A HOLE" mentality.
There are still people who think the Earth is only a few thousand years old. Are you saying that we should give these views equal treatment to that of the scientific community at large?

There is no more legitimate debate to be had on the subject, at least not unless something new comes to light.

Don't forget the people who still think the sun goes around the earth.

Wow. That's really sad. And I thought it was bad when some girl in my university didn't know the sun is a star lol

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
SparkyKid3000
--Sky Kid Tai--
I'm sorry, isn't it the point of science and debate to hear all sides of discussion regardless of dismissal or not? This really sounds like a case of "SHUT UP! I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, GO DIE IN A HOLE" mentality.

Debate is fine. However too many people are talking and are not qualified to speak on the subject. For example, if you're going to have a discussion on climate change invite experts in that field. You can't have a good debate between a climate scientist and some random denier who isn't even a scientist. Its a waste of time and creates the illusion of both sides being equal so people will say "the science isn't settled yet!" So there goes another issue that we can't resolve because we're too busy fighting over whether the problem exists. At some point the debate needs to be over so we can move on to how to fix the problem. So yeah, I'm cool with opinions different from mine; I just want people to know what they're talking about.
I would listen more to them if they weren't so hypocritical.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Grace Gubreez
Shama_okami
TANRailgun
--Sky Kid Tai--
There are still people who think the Earth is only a few thousand years old. Are you saying that we should give these views equal treatment to that of the scientific community at large?

There is no more legitimate debate to be had on the subject, at least not unless something new comes to light.

Wow. That's really sad. And I thought it was bad when some girl in my university didn't know the sun is a star lol

A girl in my brother's class at community college last year told the professor dinosaur bones were planted by Satan to lead people from God. No shitting.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
--Sky Kid Tai--

Debate is fine. However too many people are talking and are not qualified to speak on the subject. For example, if you're going to have a discussion on climate change invite experts in that field. You can't have a good debate between a climate scientist and some random denier who isn't even a scientist. Its a waste of time and creates the illusion of both sides being equal so people will say "the science isn't settled yet!" So there goes another issue that we can't resolve because we're too busy fighting over whether the problem exists. At some point the debate needs to be over so we can move on to how to fix the problem. So yeah, I'm cool with opinions different from mine; I just want people to know what they're talking about.

So basically, they're right but you're going to support people increasing carbon emissions because the scientists and others associated with trying to educate the public happen to travel by plane?

Logic-fail.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
kiironobara
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
--Sky Kid Tai--

So basically, they're right but you're going to support people increasing carbon emissions because the scientists and others associated with trying to educate the public happen to travel by plane?

Logic-fail.

No but I am not going to support hypocrites who can't toss their laundry out on a close line or have their speeches outside with no Microphones, and Camera. that Just to name a few pet peeves of mine about these folks.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
xdivision_whitey
kiironobara
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
--Sky Kid Tai--

Logic-fail.

No but I am not going to support hypocrites who can't toss their laundry out on a close line or have their speeches outside with no Microphones, and Camera. that Just to name a few pet peeves of mine about these folks.

Those are pretty lame and questionable examples.

Clothes lines, for instance, are not practical or sanitary in places like cities or areas with high humidity where the clothing will not actually dry and will simply mold.

Additionally, microphones are practical when speaking to a crowd, and the media is typically providing the camera.

But, please, continue your entertaining ad hominem tu quoque.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
--Sky Kid Tai--

Sorry, who is "them"?

Omnipresent Warlord

xdivision_whitey
kiironobara
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
--Sky Kid Tai--

Logic-fail.

That's incredibly petty and irrational of you and no, they're not being hypocrites because they use technology. What it would take to be hypocritical is for whatever environmentalist scientist you're referring to be telling people not to travel by plane, not to ever use a washer or dryer, and don't use microphones or cameras.

Of course you don't get people saying those things, you get people saying "the government should regulate carbon emissions and create stricter environmental standards for businesses and products" or "use energy efficient lightbulbs" or "try not to waste water needlessly"

That's a little harder for you to straw man but you're just hating on environmentalists out of spite anyways if you admit that they are correct but refuse to support their efforts.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Grace Gubreez
Shama_okami
TANRailgun
--Sky Kid Tai--

what did she think it was? mrgreen

King Noob

Ratttking
Grace Gubreez
Shama_okami
TANRailgun
--Sky Kid Tai--

what did she think it was? mrgreen

She didn't say. I think its for the best that she didn't lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas