Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please be aware of and encourage awareness of Banned Book Week. Intellectual freedom must and shall be preserved.

Banned Books Week: Top 10 Most Challenged Titles Of The Year (INFOGRAPHIC)

Business Businesswoman

7,400 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I'm actually looking forward to this.

Greedy Consumer

What if somebody wrote a book with literally every taboo, beastiality, incest, *****, alot that I am sure I havent heard of.

So many butthurts.

Fashionable Hunter

Ahhh, TTYL!!! I read that when I was in Barnes & Noble a few years back.

That s**t's vulgar, seriously xd

Why is The Hunger Games anti-ethnic, anti-family, and satanic/occult? And what kind of broad term is "insensitive?"

Besides TTYL, Hunger Games, and TKAM, I don't think I've heard of or read any of these books xd

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Oh yes, The Hunger Games is totally anti family, with the main character going into the games to makes sure her twelve year old sister isn't slaughtered in them. rolleyes Not to mention she supported her family when her dad died, and still does.
maybe it's because of the being forced to kill children thing.... but it's in the Canadian book education curriculum.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
How is The Hunger Games anti-family? The people who tried to get it banned probably didn't even read the book. And To Kill a Mockingbird is racist? Why, because it puts racists in a bad light? Again, I doubt the would-be banners even read the book!

I haven't read at least half those books. I'm going to see if I can get them from the library or get e-books from Amazon. One good thing I always get from Banned Book Week is a list of new books to read.

Ruthless Lover

31,025 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
^^; out of those ten I've read only Brave New World... I have to say that compared to books written since then, this as sexual explicit as PG movies nowadays.

and insensitive is a stupid term to use because I'm sure some people can find 'insensitive things' even in children's picture books from the 20'

Greedy Consumer

kakteed
Ahhh, TTYL!!! I read that when I was in Barnes & Noble a few years back.

That s**t's vulgar, seriously xd

Why is The Hunger Games anti-ethnic, anti-family, and satanic/occult? And what kind of broad term is "insensitive?"

Besides TTYL, Hunger Games, and TKAM, I don't think I've heard of or read any of these books xd
hell harry potter would be anti-family if it weren't for ron's family taking harry potter in at some point.

and the reason why they call it occult is because the games arent logically justified emotionally i guess. so its like a ritual of letting people die, which is occult lol. But not satanic. I can see why they called it that though.

Dedicated Gawker

You beg me to stop, but I was...

I was mad when I heard about the Clockwork Orange being banned...

...Never that nice.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
We Are Organisms
What if somebody wrote a book with literally every taboo, beastiality, incest, *****, alot that I am sure I havent heard of.

So many butthurts.
I believe that book is called 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade. It's not for those faint of heart - or weak of stomach.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Vampirate Kitsune
How is The Hunger Games anti-family? The people who tried to get it banned probably didn't even read the book. And To Kill a Mockingbird is racist? Why, because it puts racists in a bad light? Again, I doubt the would-be banners even read the book!
TKAM includes racist language such as the word "******". That alone is enough to upset people who are too PC for their own good.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Banning books is bad. And they should feel bad. Seriously though, what possible good can come from banning books? Children and teens (the "innocents" I am assuming these overly sensitive PC people are banning the books "for" wink should be able to judge books for themselves.

Fashionable Hunter

Ratttking
We Are Organisms

So many butthurts.
I believe that book is called 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade. It's not for those faint of heart - or weak of stomach.

Ughhh, de Sade D:

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
kakteed
Ratttking
We Are Organisms

So many butthurts.

Ughhh, de Sade D:
Yup. I've got a weak stomach. The excerpts alone were nauseating. I still support the rights to publish and read it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff