• Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Jeremy Kaji
Only Gray
AloysiusWeasley
Only Gray
... why is it illegal?

Because stupid slippery slope arguments keep getting made about it, pretty much saying that breeding for eye color or gender will automatically lead to Gattaca.

I'm quite fond of those. Like the showers that we'll be seeing thanks to the supreme court. /s

I think a society like Gattaca would be brilliant. If everyone was better... what would the harm be there? A greater human race. Stronger, fitter, faster, smarter...

I don't see why it's illegal. Who knows, if someone really wanted a boy or a girl, they could keep aborting till they got what they wanted. lol

Why not do what China has been doing for decades, kill off the one you want until you get what you want due to their one child policy. Oh wait... Morally wrong...

Let me let you in on a little secret.

My parents lived in China. I was that second child.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
We Are Organisms
Aint 1
It's wrong to want a certain gender of child? I think it's wrong to hate your kid because of it's gender but if you can choose from the start why not? The only thing I have a problem with is gender imbalance like 100 males to every 1 female is really bad.
an 100 females to 1 male is really good 3nodding
Wasn't that King David? He had all these wives and concubines hundreds in fact and still wanted another mans wife!

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Only Gray
Jeremy Kaji
Only Gray
AloysiusWeasley
Only Gray
... why is it illegal?

Because stupid slippery slope arguments keep getting made about it, pretty much saying that breeding for eye color or gender will automatically lead to Gattaca.

I'm quite fond of those. Like the showers that we'll be seeing thanks to the supreme court. /s

I think a society like Gattaca would be brilliant. If everyone was better... what would the harm be there? A greater human race. Stronger, fitter, faster, smarter...

I don't see why it's illegal. Who knows, if someone really wanted a boy or a girl, they could keep aborting till they got what they wanted. lol

Why not do what China has been doing for decades, kill off the one you want until you get what you want due to their one child policy. Oh wait... Morally wrong...

Ouch... Did Your family get fined for it?

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
xdivision_whitey
Only Gray
Jeremy Kaji
Only Gray
AloysiusWeasley
Only Gray
... why is it illegal?

Nah, moved to Canada. I was born in Canada.

And then we moved to the US.

I kind of wish we stayed in Canada.

Tbh, I don't think I would have cared if I was aborted. How could I? lol

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Only Gray
xdivision_whitey
Only Gray
Jeremy Kaji
Only Gray

Nah, moved to Canada. I was born in Canada.

And then we moved to the US.

I kind of wish we stayed in Canada.

Tbh, I don't think I would have cared if I was aborted. How could I? lol
I don't know Most people don't remember anything before age 4. age for I got one close memory. I crawled inside of a toy chest that was in a shape of a football and that got shoved down a flight of stairs.

Greedy Consumer

xdivision_whitey
We Are Organisms
Aint 1
It's wrong to want a certain gender of child? I think it's wrong to hate your kid because of it's gender but if you can choose from the start why not? The only thing I have a problem with is gender imbalance like 100 males to every 1 female is really bad.
Wasn't that King David? He had all these wives and concubines hundreds in fact and still wanted another mans wife!
Seems like hes spoiled.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
We Are Organisms
xdivision_whitey
We Are Organisms
Aint 1
Seems like hes spoiled.
Spoiled... he was very lustful.

Greedy Consumer

xdivision_whitey
We Are Organisms
xdivision_whitey
We Are Organisms
Aint 1
Seems like hes spoiled.
Spoiled... he was very lustful.
Only spoiled boys want another 'boy's' 'toy' that he doesn't have.

Adored Sweetheart

Glad it is illegal,takes the fun out of being surprised what child your getting.

And also would be awful to know you really arnt yourself. Just to know you are what your parents wanted.

Dangerous Citizen

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
Only Gray
Jeremy Kaji
Only Gray
AloysiusWeasley
Only Gray
... why is it illegal?

Interesting... So how is it that you exist? Considering the laws dealing with only allowing one child? was that repealed at some point or did your parents break the law having you? Not trying to be offensive, I'm legitimately curious.

Malevolent Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Eh... that is kind of disgusting. I don't believe living things should be purposely altered, created, or purposely affected in a way nature did not attend to happen without their consent.

2,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
It's interesting.. but I don't believe in the whole make it how you want it thing. Birth is suppose to be a surprise kind of thing when it comes to the gender. I feel technology to alter an unborn child should be used for the child's heath in preventing certain diseases, and disorders.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Jeremy Kaji
Only Gray
Jeremy Kaji
Only Gray
AloysiusWeasley
Only Gray
... why is it illegal?

Interesting... So how is it that you exist? Considering the laws dealing with only allowing one child? was that repealed at some point or did your parents break the law having you? Not trying to be offensive, I'm legitimately curious.

We moved to Canada and I was born there.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Only Gray
Jeremy Kaji
Only Gray
AloysiusWeasley
Only Gray
... why is it illegal?

Were they urban-dwelling Han Chinese who had siblings of their own? If not, they could have had you legally.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Jezabel_Clearwater
It's interesting.. but I don't believe in the whole make it how you want it thing. Birth is suppose to be a surprise kind of thing when it comes to the gender. I feel technology to alter an unborn child should be used for the child's heath in preventing certain diseases, and disorders.
There are numerous sex-linked diseases/disorders. Choosing the sex of your child could be an easy means of avoiding them, e.g. if a woman has endometriosis and chooses to have a son, he will not suffer from the disease as it only affects females.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff