Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Hunter

Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Slavery was not a bad thing in ancient times. Seriously. A slave was more like a member of the family you owned. It was almost nothing like the enslavement of African people in the U.S.A. s**t, the Israelites even had special rules about how to not mistreat slaves. This is why you don't see Paul and Jesus complaining about it.
emotion_facepalm What about the slave revolt led by Spartacus? If their lives as slaves were so great, why would 70,000 risk their lives to escape slavery? FYI, they failed and 6000 of the survivors were crucified.

Sparta was notorious for being batshit insane. They were not a normal people. They regularly beat the s**t out of their own children.

I'm running out of gold emotion_donotwant

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
kakteed
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Slavery was not a bad thing in ancient times. Seriously. A slave was more like a member of the family you owned. It was almost nothing like the enslavement of African people in the U.S.A. s**t, the Israelites even had special rules about how to not mistreat slaves. This is why you don't see Paul and Jesus complaining about it.
emotion_facepalm What about the slave revolt led by Spartacus? If their lives as slaves were so great, why would 70,000 risk their lives to escape slavery? FYI, they failed and 6000 of the survivors were crucified.

Sparta was notorious for being batshit insane. They were not a normal people. They regularly beat the s**t out of their own children.

I'm running out of gold emotion_donotwant

I don't understand. I'm sorry.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

The Spartans regularly killed their own freemen because they were weak. I'm not saying you're not correct, but you wouldn't be correct for this reason. Any argument that hinges on presenting the Spartans as a typical example ancient people is a bad argument.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

User Image Because facepalm isn't enough.
Spartacus was a Thracian. The revolt had nothing to do with the Greek nation of Sparta, taking place in Italy. Learn2history.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Goldgato
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

The Spartans regularly killed their own freemen because they were weak. I'm not saying you're not correct, but you wouldn't be correct for this reason. Any argument that hinges on presenting the Spartans as a typical example ancient people is a bad argument.
See my response to Blood Valkyrie.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

Spartacus was a Thracian. The revolt had nothing to do with the Greek nation of Sparta, taking place in Italy. Learn2history.

Whoopsie. I read that name wrong, didn't I?

I should have said "in ancient Israel and Egypt" instead of ancient times, then.
In the culture Jesus and Paul lived in, slaves were treated a lot better than slaves in U.S.A. were.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
Ratttking
Goldgato
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

See my response to Blood Valkyrie.

Woops, my bad. I read that as Sparta I guess. Sorry.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

I should have said "in ancient Israel and Egypt" instead of ancient times, then.
In the culture Jesus and Paul lived in, slaves were treated a lot better than slaves in U.S.A. were.
OK, why were the Israelite slaves so anxious to gtfo of Egypt after "there came a pharaoh who knew not Joseph"? Did you know that female POWs captured by the Israelites were allowed to be raped by their new owners until they were bored with them? Yes, they lived wonderful lives, just like part of the family!

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

OK, why were the Israelite slaves so anxious to gtfo of Egypt after "there came a pharaoh who knew not Joseph"? Did you know that female POWs captured by the Israelites were allowed to be raped by their new owners until they were bored with them? Yes, they lived wonderful lives, just like part of the family!

Many believe the Israelites were not technically slaves, although they worked liked hell and might as well been extremely suffering slaves. When you owned a slave, the slave tended to live in your household or at least near to you. There were too many Israelites to enslave them all, especially since the Egyptians already had slaves before the Israelites showed up (if they even did because a lot of people claim there is no archaeological evidence that the Exodus enslavement story ever happened). Back then, the best way to collect taxes was to make the people work for the government for a few months out of the year. In the case of the foreign Israelites (keep in mind that the Egyptians were racist as hell at this time), instead of only a few months of brick making, the Pharaoh made them work half the year for the government, leaving only six months for them to work on their own personal jobs. The Pharaoh even was a d**k and made them search for straw instead of giving them straw to work with. In this case, you just had a very dickish ruler.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

It's generally agreed by many scholars that the Israelites were not technically slaves, although they worked liked hell and might as well been extremely suffering slaves. When you owned a slave, the slave tended to live in your household or at least near to you. There were too many Israelites to enslave them all, especially since the Egyptians already had slaves before the Israelites showed up (if they even did because a lot of people claim there is no archaeological evidence that the Exodus enslavement story ever happened). Back then, the best way to collect taxes was to make the people work for the government for a few months out of the year. In the case of the foreign Israelites (keep in mind that the Egyptians were racist as hell at this time), instead of only a few months of brick making, the Pharaoh made them work half the year for the government, leaving only six months for them to work on their own personal jobs. The Pharaoh even was a d**k and made them search for straw instead of giving them straw to work with. In this case, you just had a very dickish ruler.
How could slaves have been treated well or badly if they did not exist? Your livestock also tended to live near or with you.

You're not gonna touch the issue of Israelites raping their female slaves, eh?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

It's generally agreed by many scholars that the Israelites were not technically slaves, although they worked liked hell and might as well been extremely suffering slaves. When you owned a slave, the slave tended to live in your household or at least near to you. There were too many Israelites to enslave them all, especially since the Egyptians already had slaves before the Israelites showed up (if they even did because a lot of people claim there is no archaeological evidence that the Exodus enslavement story ever happened). Back then, the best way to collect taxes was to make the people work for the government for a few months out of the year. In the case of the foreign Israelites (keep in mind that the Egyptians were racist as hell at this time), instead of only a few months of brick making, the Pharaoh made them work half the year for the government, leaving only six months for them to work on their own personal jobs. The Pharaoh even was a d**k and made them search for straw instead of giving them straw to work with. In this case, you just had a very dickish ruler.
How could slaves have been treated well or badly if they did not exist? Your livestock also tended to live near or with you.

If there were no Israelite slaves in Egypt, then your point about them suffering as slaves is moot.
As for the Israelite female slaves (the ones that were captured at least), what in the world do you expect? Israelite soldiers ******** loved raping people (both sexually and in the sense of stealing s**t). That was a normal thing for ancient cultures. s**t, an Israelite man could probably legally rape his wife (okay that sentence was speculation). I wasn't talking about captured women. I was talking about general slaves that worked for families performing either some labor or housekeeping duties, the stuff Black people did in U.S.A. only 100 times worse.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

If there were no Israelite slaves in Egypt, then your point about them suffering as slaves is moot.
As for the Israelite female slaves (the ones that were captured at least), what in the world do you expect? Israelite soldiers ******** loved raping people (both sexually and in the sense of stealing s**t). That was a normal thing for ancient cultures. s**t, an Israelite man could probably legally rape his wife (okay that sentence was speculation). I wasn't talking about captured women. I was talking about general slaves that worked for families performing either some labor or housekeeping duties, the stuff Black people did in U.S.A. only 100 times worse.
If there were no slaves in Egypt, then your point is moot. I'm not the one who said they had it easy, that was you.

So you feel that getting raped was a perfectly normal thing and not at all bad compared to American slavery. Seems just as bad to me. Where do you think most slaves came from? They were captured POWs, just like the Africans who were captured by their neighboring tribesmen.

I'm curious, do you approve of the slavery that still goes on today, unregulated? For all you know, they're treated as well as Israelite prisoners. stare

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

If there were no slaves in Egypt, then your point is moot. I'm not the one who said they had it easy, that was you.

So you feel that getting raped was a perfectly normal thing and not at all bad compared to American slavery. Seems just as bad to me. Where do you think most slaves came from? They were captured POWs, just like the Africans who were captured by their neighboring tribesman.

I'm curious, do you approve of the slavery that still goes on today, unregulated? For all you know, they're treated as well as Israelite prisoners. stare

I'm the one who said slaves in general in Israelite culture had it easier than Black slaves in U.S.A. You are the one who said that because Israelites suffered in Egyptian culture my point was moot. Yet, we agree that they may not have even been enslaved in Egypt ... ?

I feel that getting raped was pretty ******** bad. Yep. Between you and me and everyone reading this forum, I'd rather be a sex slave in ancient Israel than be a Black slave in U.S.A. The labor they had to do was just astounding in its intensity, and the poor people weren't even thought to be human. At least as a sex slave, all I'd have to do is shut up, open my legs when told to, and wait for an opportunity to do something about it.

I am aware of the human trafficking problem. That's pretty much slavery right there. I'm also aware that generally those victims are treated like s**t. What? Do you think I approve of slavery? I don't. I was just trying to make sure everyone knew that this politician's argument for slavery was idiotic.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

So you feel that getting raped was a perfectly normal thing and not at all bad compared to American slavery. Seems just as bad to me. Where do you think most slaves came from? They were captured POWs, just like the Africans who were captured by their neighboring tribesman.

I'm the one who said slaves in general in Israelite culture had it easier than Black slaves in U.S.A. You are the one who said that because Israelites suffered in Egyptian culture my point was moot. Yet, we agree that they may not have even been enslaved in Egypt ... ?

I feel that getting raped was pretty ******** bad. Yep. Between you and me and everyone reading this forum, I'd rather be a sex slave in ancient Israel than be a Black slave in U.S.A. The labor they had to do was just astounding in its intensity, and the poor people weren't even thought to be human. At least as a sex slave, all I'd have to do is shut up, open my legs when told to, and wait for an opportunity to do something about it.

I am aware of the human trafficking problem. That's pretty much slavery right there. I'm also aware that generally those victims are treated like s**t. What? Do you think I approve of slavery? I don't. I was just trying to make sure everyone knew that this politician's argument for slavery was idiotic.
No, I was not agreeing. Earlier in the quote tree, after I explained that Spartacus had nothing to do with Sparta, you said that slaves in ancient Egypt and Israel had it better than American slaves. You have failed to prove this statement.

Good for you and don't forget to spread your a** cheeks as well as your legs. I'd rather be dead than be a slave to anyone.

Human trafficking is just a doublespeak term for slavery. Your argument was no less idiotic than his.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie
Ratttking
Blood Valkyrie

No, I was not agreeing. Earlier in the quote tree, after I explained that Spartacus had nothing to do with Sparta, you said that slaves in ancient Egypt and Israel had it better than American slaves. You have failed to prove this statement.

Good for you and don't forget to spread your a** cheeks as well as your legs. I'd rather be dead than be a slave to anyone.

Human trafficking is just a doublespeak term for slavery. Your argument was no less idiotic than his.

I know human trafficking is slavery. I never said it wasn't.
The rest of your post is nothing but insults.

By the way, read these please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism_and_slavery

http://enrichmentjournal.ag.org/201102/201102_108_slavery.htm.cfm

Slavery was a nicer thing in Israel, even if you were a non-Jew and treated slightly less than a Jewish slave, at least you didn't go through the hell Black slaves in America went through.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff