Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Admirer

Better food than money!
Giving cash to the homeless could very well lead to them spending it on drugs and alcohol.

Shame on the government.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yonakii
Better food than money!
Giving cash to the homeless could very well lead to them spending it on drugs and alcohol.

Shame on the government.
It could just as easily lead to them buying baby formula, diapers, shoes, clothes, soap, shampoo, tampons, or a motel room to sleep in for a night, to name just a few things.

Shame on you for thinking badly of homeless people.
Ratttking
Yonakii
Better food than money!

Shame on the government.
It could just as easily lead to them buying baby formula, diapers, shoes, clothes, soap, shampoo, tampons, or a motel room to sleep in for a night, to name just a few things.

Shame on you for thinking badly of homeless people.
Exactly! How in the hell did they come up with a way to make charity a bad thing! Any one in their right mind wouldn't prosecute her.

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Government strikes again. Just some person with a Napoleon complex trying to show the world that they have some power, the reason I really hate city governments.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Vampirate Kitsune
I can't hear the video and it's not captioned, but I found a print story:

Glendale Woman's Fight for Food Bank

Thank you for the text link.
I know a man who used to do this. He would take his pickup around to the local grocery stores and get the discards for his pigs. A lot of it was actually good stuff and he would sort through and put the 'people good' stuff out on display for people in need to come pick up. I've helped him sort through the food a few times. I don't think he does it any more just due to age and health issues. In his case I think he was outside the city limits. He also had his own piece of property (not a housing development) and you could not see the food from the road.

One comment said she can't display food on shelves. Seems like if appearance is an issue she could get something like one of those large plastic deck boxes like you store garden hoses or lawn furniture cushions in. I gather though the complaint runs deeper than that. It seems like there could be some happy medium to allow her to continue to help people without upsetting the neighbors. I give away several dozen chicken eggs every week but not from my property. But if I was doing it from my property I don't think my neighbors would care.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff