Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
It's not your momma's Arby's anymore, though some wish it were. After some bad reviews, and an unfortunate discovery in a roast beef sandwich this summer, Arby's is trying to start "fresh."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First there's the new logo, which looks like it was hit with a Mac-computer, rather than truck. A compact, sleeker version of famous rope-wrapped cowboy hat features the "Arby's" name in sans serif, lower case.

And say goodbye to the "good mood food" slogan. Now it's all about "slicing up freshness."

A new ad campaign, directed by Borat's own Larry Charles, takes aim at competitors like Subway by claiming Arby's as the freshest sandwich shop in town. Make that 3,500 towns worldwide.

Freshness, of course, depends on how you slice it. Arby's claim to fame is that their kitchen staff slices their meat by hand every day. Other chain restaurants outsource the job to factories so their cold cuts arrive pre-cut.

More here

Greedy Consumer

MEANWHILE KIDS STARVE IN AFRICA AND YOU THINK THIS NEWS IS OUTSTANDING ENOUGH TO SHARE. God people are ******** ridiculous.

Dapper Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
We have one here, and no one ever even remembers it's there.

Fashionable Hunter

KillingAmbellina

Same here, actually. I could probably walk to the one near me, but I'd rather go to a supermarket to pick up my own sandwich ingredients.

Dapper Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
kakteed
KillingAmbellina

Same here, actually. I could probably walk to the one near me, but I'd rather go to a supermarket to pick up my own sandwich ingredients.

that's a shame, because i've eaten there and it's pretty delicious. But it will forever be the pepsi of fast food chains :/

Fashionable Hunter

KillingAmbellina
kakteed
KillingAmbellina

that's a shame, because i've eaten there and it's pretty delicious. But it will forever be the pepsi of fast food chains :/

I haven't heard such glowing reviews from the one near me. But eh. Maybe when it's a nice day I'll kip over and eat lunch there.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
We Are Organisms
MEANWHILE KIDS STARVE IN AFRICA AND YOU THINK THIS NEWS IS OUTSTANDING ENOUGH TO SHARE. God people are ******** ridiculous.
Only one being ridiculous here is you. Starvation in Africa is not newsworthy because it is not new. It's been going on for my entire life and for a long time before that.

Wait, did you just find out now? rofl

Questionable Borg

xdivision_whitey
It's not your momma's Arby's anymore, though some wish it were. After some bad reviews, and an unfortunate discovery in a roast beef sandwich this summer, Arby's is trying to start "fresh."

First there's the new logo, which looks like it was hit with a Mac-computer, rather than truck. A compact, sleeker version of famous rope-wrapped cowboy hat features the "Arby's" name in sans serif, lower case.

And say goodbye to the "good mood food" slogan. Now it's all about "slicing up freshness."

A new ad campaign, directed by Borat's own Larry Charles, takes aim at competitors like Subway by claiming Arby's as the freshest sandwich shop in town. Make that 3,500 towns worldwide.

Freshness, of course, depends on how you slice it. Arby's claim to fame is that their kitchen staff slices their meat by hand every day. Other chain restaurants outsource the job to factories so their cold cuts arrive pre-cut.

More here
No offense, but who cares?

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Mayor Gravity
xdivision_whitey

More here

someone wrote about it, that person cares.
someone posted it here, that person cares.
a few people replied and read it, they care.

minuscule as it is, it -is- still news.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I'm thinking two things while I stare at the new logo.

1. People can't read Cursive.

2. What's the first letter of your name <_> Is your name Barby? Darby? What?

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Clytia Voi Mist
Mayor Gravity

Thank you so much for saying this. I'm beyond fed up with people whinging that something isn't news because they've already heard about it, or they don't care, or it's not very important (to them), blah blah whine whine. They should complain to the moderator or just skip to another post without comment or leave the forum entirely. OR POST NEWS ITEMS INSTEAD OF WHINGING! [/snarl]

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm thinking the problem is not their logo or their slogan.
Their problem is their food sucks. Micro thin sliced roast beef and pump cheese. YUM!
Go to a good deli and get a REAL roast beef sandwich with cheese. Then compare that to an Arby's pressure pressed loaf of meat sliced super thin, put on a mediocre bun and globbed with pump cheese. Lots of calories and salt for what I consider pretty mediocre food.

Go here for Arby's build your own meal nutrition information:
http://www.arbys.com/food/build-a-meal-calculator.html

Two classic beef n chedder, medium fries, medium Pepsi
Nutrition Facts
1610 Calories
520 Calories from Fat
58 Fat - Total (g)
13 Saturated Fat (g)
1.5 Trans Fat (g)
95 Cholesterol (mg)
3550 Sodium (mg)
228 Total Carbohydrates (g)
10 Dietary Fiber (g)
88 Sugars (g)
53 Proteins (g)

A single Max Beef n Cheddar with nothing else:
650 Calories
260 Calories from Fat
29 Fat - Total (g)
10 Saturated Fat (g)
1.5 Trans Fat (g)
110 Cholesterol (mg)
2330 Sodium (mg)
52 Total Carbohydrates (g)

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
David2074
I'm thinking the problem is not their logo or their slogan.
Their problem is their food sucks. Micro thin sliced roast beef and pump cheese. YUM!
Go to a good deli and get a REAL roast beef sandwich with cheese. Then compare that to an Arby's pressure pressed loaf of meat sliced super thin, put on a mediocre bun and globbed with pump cheese. Lots of calories and salt for what I consider pretty mediocre food.

Go here for Arby's build your own meal nutrition information:
http://www.arbys.com/food/build-a-meal-calculator.html

Two classic beef n chedder, medium fries, medium Pepsi
Nutrition Facts
1610 Calories
520 Calories from Fat
58 Fat - Total (g)
13 Saturated Fat (g)
1.5 Trans Fat (g)
95 Cholesterol (mg)
3550 Sodium (mg)
228 Total Carbohydrates (g)
10 Dietary Fiber (g)
88 Sugars (g)
53 Proteins (g)

A single Max Beef n Cheddar with nothing else:
650 Calories
260 Calories from Fat
29 Fat - Total (g)
10 Saturated Fat (g)
1.5 Trans Fat (g)
110 Cholesterol (mg)
2330 Sodium (mg)
52 Total Carbohydrates (g)

I just heard my arteries hardening.

Dapper Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
kakteed
KillingAmbellina
kakteed
KillingAmbellina

I haven't heard such glowing reviews from the one near me. But eh. Maybe when it's a nice day I'll kip over and eat lunch there.

well i have childhood memories of getting jamocha shakes there after doctor's appointments with my mom. highly recommend it

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Vampirate Kitsune
Clytia Voi Mist
Mayor Gravity

Thank you so much for saying this. I'm beyond fed up with people whinging that something isn't news because they've already heard about it, or they don't care, or it's not very important (to them), blah blah whine whine. They should complain to the moderator or just skip to another post without comment or leave the forum entirely. OR POST NEWS ITEMS INSTEAD OF WHINGING! [/snarl]

you're most welcome!

I find all news informative in one way or another. Rather, it's more of I know it's informative to at least a few people out there. If something doesn't interest me to an extent, I just don't bother reading it.

It really annoys me when people have that [the whole whining thing] kind of attitude as well so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff