Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Nearly a dozen of high school journalists walked out of a lecture by Dan Savage, the prominent ant-bullying advocate that pioneered the 'It Gets Better' campaign.

His comments about the relationship between anti-gay bullying and the bible sparked a walkout of Christian teens at the National High School Journalist Conference in Seattle.

Mr Savage called the defectors 'pansy-assed' and would not back down from his comments.

Watch the video on this hypocrate
What a bunch of ******** pussies.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Je Nique vos Merdiers
He should of took the higher road and not be a bully either.
xdivision_whitey
Je Nique vos Merdiers

Oh, I forgot that all criticism is considered persecution and bullying when it comes to religion.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Je Nique vos Merdiers
xdivision_whitey
Je Nique vos Merdiers

Oh, I forgot that all criticism is considered persecution and bullying when it comes to religion.

It depends on what he said and how it he delivered it. I personally have no problem calling out anyone. neutral

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Orphan_Shadow
Je Nique vos Merdiers
xdivision_whitey
Je Nique vos Merdiers

It depends on what he said and how it he delivered it. I personally have no problem calling out anyone. neutral
There was a video on how he said it in the link provided. also Calling a person a name wouldn't that fall under bullying? Maybe some of those Christian were very loving to the gays and lesibans. They could of had a relative who is gay.
Orphan_Shadow
Je Nique vos Merdiers
xdivision_whitey
Je Nique vos Merdiers

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
xdivision_whitey
Orphan_Shadow
Je Nique vos Merdiers
xdivision_whitey
Je Nique vos Merdiers

There was a video on how he said it in the link provided.

I have a strong aversion to Dan Savage, but I watched the video. He's calling the anti-gay stuff in the Bible bullshit. I agree with this--but I get why Christians are mad. It's all they know and to them it's the first truth.Insult that first truth is almost like insulting the first person who holds and nourishes you: mother. Still, it's time to sit back, calm down and rethink what the Bible is saying to them and how they treat people because of it. neutral
I happen to like Dan Savage. Particularly because he doesn't p***y foot around. Particularly because he doesn't try to put himself on a pedestal. Particularly because he knows that at this point, the gloves have to come off.

Gay kids are dead, ********.
Dead.
Not coming back.
Ever.

And you know what? It's ******** goddamned 2012. And they're still dying. And to say that there's no correlation between Christian hate mongering and bullying that's causing these kids to drop is naive. And maybe it's time to stop turning the other cheek and fighting fire with fire?

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
[Castration Pop]
I happen to like Dan Savage. Particularly because he doesn't p***y foot around. Particularly because he doesn't try to put himself on a pedestal. Particularly because he knows that at this point, the gloves have to come off.

Dead.
Not coming back.
Ever.

And you know what? It's ******** goddamned 2012. And they're still dying. And to say that there's no correlation between Christian hate mongering and bullying that's causing these kids to drop is naive. And maybe it's time to stop turning the other cheek and fighting fire with fire?
Muslims actually will kill them in the name of honor. Funny how he Dave didn't bash them.
xdivision_whitey
[Castration Pop]

Dead.
Not coming back.
Ever.

Muslims actually will kill them in the name of honor. Funny how he Dave didn't bash them.

Don't see a lot of that happening in the states though.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
[Castration Pop]
xdivision_whitey
[Castration Pop]

Dead.
Not coming back.
Ever.

Most are hushed hushed very few are mentioned.
xdivision_whitey
[Castration Pop]
xdivision_whitey
[Castration Pop]

Dead.
Not coming back.
Ever.

I'm sure... Just like those last two "honor killings" that happened in the states were hushed and not on CNN at all.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
[Castration Pop]
xdivision_whitey
[Castration Pop]
xdivision_whitey
[Castration Pop]

Dead.
Not coming back.
Ever.

I'm sure... Just like those last two "honor killings" that happened in the states were hushed and not on CNN at all.
There are like three major new channels and it sad when CNN one of the big ones never mention it.
You know he is right about the bible. The bible has some stuff that is illegal and immoral now a day's on top of it being almost one whole Contradiction . Come on the bible isn't even really the word of god it's a bunch of stories that were passed down so many times that who know's what's real or not real in it. Being christian ( yes i said that im christian , let the s**t storm come ) i find it ridiculous how literally the bible is taken. God is loving excepting being but it's only loving and excepting towards it's straight followers not it's gay. That to me seems like people judging what god want's not god it's self / his or her self judging his creation.

Beside Christian other religions have the same low-tolerance of Homosexuality such as Islam, other Denominations of Christianity ex; Jehovah Witnesses, some Judaism, B'ahai, and Hindu. Not sure if there are more i only know of these. I can say Christian gets the brunt of it all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff