They got what they deserved 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 1 ]
This is awful 0.5 50.0% [ 7 ]
Poll whore 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 4 ]
LMFAO! 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]

Dedicated Prophet

Another Shooting

Quote:
A retired cop, irked that the couple in front of him were texting at a Mark Wahlberg war movie, opened fire in a Florida theater Monday, killing the man and wounding his wife, authorities said.
Curtis Reeves Jr., 71, was charged with second-degree homicide in the death of Chad Oulson, 43, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said late Monday afternoon. Oulson, who was shot in the chest, and his wife, Nichole, who was shot in the hand, were rushed to local hospitals. Chad Oulson was pronounced dead, and his wife was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The theater was evacuated and remained closed after the shooting, which occurred about 1:20 p.m. ET.
An off-duty sheriff's deputy from neighboring Sumter County was in the Grove 16 Theatre in Wesley Chapel, north of Tampa, and detained Reeves until Pasco authorities arrived, Nocco said. NBC station WFLA of Tampa showed images of an older man in a white track suit being led away in handcuffs.

NBC News
"Everybody is paranoid, they're scared, because a movie theater should be somewhere safe where people are out there to enjoy themselves," Nocco told reporters.
"But unfortunately, what America has seen over the last couple of years is that movie theaters have become dangerous places," he said in an apparent reference to the mass killings at a theater in Aurora, Colo., in July 2012.
Nocco said the tragedy unfolded after Reeves became outraged over something trivial: "somebody texting."
Reeves and his wife were sitting behind the Oulsons as the preview trailers were rolling just before the showing of "Lone Survivor," the Mark Wahlberg movie about a failed 2007 Navy Seal raid in Afghanistan, investigators said.
Reeves asked Chad Oulson several times to stop, to no avail, Nocco said. He then left the theater briefly before returning to his seat, the sheriff said.
The two men began arguing when Chad Oulson demanded to know whether Reeves had left to report him to the management for using his cellphone, Nocco said. Eventually, Reeves pulled out a .380-caliber handgun and shot Chad Oulson, the sheriff said.
Nichole Oulson was wounded in the hand when she grabbed her husband as Reeves fired, Nocco said.

Shaking his head, Nocco said: "It's absolutely crazy that it would arise to this level of altercation over somebody just texting in a movie theater."
The theater's operator, Cobb Theatres, said in a statement that it was "truly heartbroken by this incident" and that it was cooperating with investigators.
Reeves retired as a captain from the Tampa Police Department in 1993, said Laura McElroy, a spokeswoman for the department, adding that Reeves helped set up the department's first SWAT team.
"We are not aware of any contact with the department since his departure more than 20 years ago," she said in a statement.

How crazy.. but then again this did happen it Fl. emotion_awesome

Is it bad I laughed at this? I hate when people text during a film. Common courtesy goes a long way.

Wow. This is crazy.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
>Retired cop

Reeeee-heeeee-heeee-heeeeeaaaaallly....?
The solution to this sort of thing is obvious.

Everyone going to a theatre needs to carry a firearm in order to defend themselves against such persons.

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I can understand being irked at a person using their cellphone during a move, but violence never solved anything

Insularis's Waifu

Witty Phantom

Don't text in a theater, don't get your brains blown out.
Simplicity.

Dedicated Prophet

TRSHE Walter Sullivan
Simplicity.

Greedy Consumer

crownvetch
I can understand being irked at a person using their cellphone during a move, but violence never solved anything
french revolution, american civil war.

Battle-ready Bibliophile

41,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Party Member 100
And this is just gonna give the people in Washington a reason to be like "Well derp derp, looks like we should ban all guns forever" (yeah, I know they don't talk like that, they talk like they have a stick up their asses) But yeah, I haven't heard recently anything about it, but not too long ago a friend of mine working at a sporting good store told me that there was talk on regulating ammo to have code numbers on it, and when you buy it that code is kept to your name and you'd be responsible to anything that happened with your bullets, also talk on restricting the sales on reloading components, and also talk about banning sales. I've been out of the shooting world for a while (used to do it for sport) but I can't see anyone being safe if stuff like this causes the government to ban weapons, then normal people can't own protection, and it will be the cops who have guns given to them for work purposes, and criminals who smuggle them in that have all the weapons... and think about it, it's usually cops and criminals that shoot people these days.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TRSHE Walter Sullivan
Simplicity.

During the actual movie maybe, but during the previews? Ex shitbag-cop is a d**k on multiple fronts here.

Evolved Hunter

TRSHE Walter Sullivan
Simplicity.

Excessive force. He's an ex-cop, he should know better.

Also you could use that argument to support shootings in road rage incidents. "Well he shouldn't have cut me off if he didn't wanna get his head blown off!" You really wanna go that route?

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'm wondering if the fact that the guy is 71 years old has anything to do with it. Maybe he's senile or something. In any event, the rest of us sane people are better off without him walking this earth...

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
God Bless America.

I can't be the only one thinking of that movie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff