Welcome to Gaia! ::

So what, do they have assassins who are going to seek out and eliminate terrorist members?

Conservative Regular

Mei tsuki7
Texadar
Mei tsuki7
Except Charlie Hebdo was not innocent. What they did was equivalent to enticing a rabid dog. You can't be surprised when it bites you.

Victim blaming is bad.

To use my own earlier example. Would it be victim blaming to say that a person brought it on themselves if they enticed a rabid dog and it bit them?

But yes they should not have been killed because killing is wrong. The issue I have is just that they're being held up as martyrs when they're not even close to as such. They were racist, antisemitic and overall completely offensive. They were NOT good people.

Just because French satire is not the same as American satire does not mean it's not satire

The tradition of obscene and vulgar satire is older than the French revolution.
Texadar
Mei tsuki7
Texadar
Mei tsuki7
Except Charlie Hebdo was not innocent. What they did was equivalent to enticing a rabid dog. You can't be surprised when it bites you.

Victim blaming is bad.

To use my own earlier example. Would it be victim blaming to say that a person brought it on themselves if they enticed a rabid dog and it bit them?

But yes they should not have been killed because killing is wrong. The issue I have is just that they're being held up as martyrs when they're not even close to as such. They were racist, antisemitic and overall completely offensive. They were NOT good people.

Just because French satire is not the same as American satire does not mean it's not satire

"We've always done it this way therefore it's alright and not bigoted or offensive at all!"

Ice-Cold Wolf

Hope they're better than the CIA, militia, Secret Services, and the FBI. They must be heavily loaded, it'd be a shame if this was all talk and no action.

Conservative Regular

Mei tsuki7
Texadar
Mei tsuki7
Texadar
Mei tsuki7

Victim blaming is bad.

"We've always done it this way therefore it's alright and not bigoted or offensive at all!"

It's not bigoted unlike your bigotry towards french culture

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Is it not obvious that Anonymous does not intend for anything physical? I have no idea what they do intend. But I am curious about it.
Texadar
Mei tsuki7
Texadar
Mei tsuki7
Texadar
Mei tsuki7

Victim blaming is bad.

It's not bigoted unlike your bigotry towards french culture

Charlie Hebdo was extremely anti religion. That is bigotry. But I'm not surprised you don't see it as such since French culture is currently based on anti religious bigotry including laws that limit freedom of religious expression.

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
twisted Guys, Anonymous doesn't have to do the violence themselves to destory Al-Queda and/or ISIS. They have to hack their service and find the members. Then, they can give these locations to the CIA, Interpol, whatever.
They can even find their plans and send certain organizations detailed information about it.

The point is Anonymous's information sharing would cause the (possible) demise of ISIS and/or Al-Queda.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Mei tsuki7
Texadar
Mei tsuki7

Victim blaming is bad.

So a person who drew cartoons someone else doesn't like is "bringing it upon themselves" when they are killed? What an ugly way to look at this. Whether or not you think the cartoonists were good people is irrelevant. The actions these barbarians took and the reasons why they did them should be condemned.

Lavish Husband

Strong words.

Strong emotions cause the fuse to burn out twice as fast.

I doubt we will see anything from this, but I won't say it's an impossibility.
SparkyKid3000
Mei tsuki7
Texadar
Mei tsuki7

Victim blaming is bad.

So a person who drew cartoons someone else doesn't like is "bringing it upon themselves" when they are killed? What an ugly way to look at this. Whether or not you think the cartoonists were good people is irrelevant. The actions these barbarians took and the reasons why they did them should be condemned.

They deliberately drew Muhammad and put him on their cover knowing it was against Islam. That, to me, is deliberately enticing a violent response.

Of course the actions of these terrorists and their extremist Muslim values should be condemned but so should the actions of Charlie Hebdo.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Mei tsuki7

They deliberately drew Muhammad and put him on their cover knowing it was against Islam. That, to me, is deliberately enticing a violent response.

Of course the actions of these terrorists and their extremist Muslim values should be condemned but so should the actions of Charlie Hebdo.

Absolutely disgusting. I'll have to remember that the next time some Christian fundamentalist decides to blow up an abortion clinic. After all, the doctors working their are knowingly doing something against their Christian beliefs so obviously they are "enticing a violent response."
SparkyKid3000
Mei tsuki7

Absolutely disgusting. I'll have to remember that the next time some Christian fundamentalist decides to blow up an abortion clinic. After all, the doctors working their are knowingly doing something against their Christian beliefs so obviously they are "enticing a violent response."

Except that Charlie Hebdo was spread around and unable to be ignored. Muslims were forced to violate their beliefs.

Also, again, I'm not saying they should have been killed. I'm saying they shouldn't be seen as martyrs. They did and said horrible things. This to me is like if someone committed a terrorist attack against Westboro Baptist. It would be horrible and wrong but they shouldn't suddenly be hailed as hero's and martyrs.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Mei tsuki7
SparkyKid3000
Mei tsuki7

Except that Charlie Hebdo was spread around and unable to be ignored. Muslims were forced to violate their beliefs.

Also, again, I'm not saying they should have been killed. I'm saying they shouldn't be seen as martyrs. They did and said horrible things. This to me is like if someone committed a terrorist attack against Westboro Baptist. It would be horrible and wrong but they shouldn't suddenly be hailed as hero's and martyrs.

BULLSHIT! If people can't bring themselves to ignore cartoons or any other material they find offensive then that's their ******** problem. No one forces you to read them or agree with their message. Either learn to accept that there are people with different viewpoints that may contradict yours or go some place else. Take that barbaric s**t out of progressive civilization.

Tipsy Sailor

Some of Charlie Hebdo's stuff is downright tasteless and hateful. Shame they got attacked over it; that should not have happened.

Honestly, it should be easy for Anon to track supporters down then sniff through their network. Then they just distribute information to those who do the work of what they what in those countries. FBI, whatever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff