Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Cat

11,650 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Quote:
A Sudanese immigrant living in New Hampshire has returned to Sudan to try to save his wife, who is eight months pregnant and facing the death penalty there for marrying a Christian.

Daniel Wani is a Sudanese man with U.S. citizenship who has been living in Manchester, N.H.

His wife, Meriam Yehya Ibrahim Ishag, became the focus of worldwide news reports last week after the Sudanese government sentenced her to death. She is eight months pregnant.

The Islamic court considered Ishag a Muslim and did not recognize her marriage to Wani, a Christian. That constituted a crime of adultery and she was sentenced to receive 100 lashes.

The court also found her guilty of apostasy by converting to Christianity and sentencing her to be hanged.

The flogging and the death penalty were to be delayed until after she gave birth.

Ishag is considered Muslim by Sudan's courts because her father was Muslim, though she raised by her Christian mother.

Wani and his brother, Gabriel Wani, grew up in Sudan but moved to New Hampshire. Gabriel told ABC News affiliate WMUR that Daniel has returned to Sudan to try and save his wife's life.

“I’m just praying for God. He can do a miracle,” he said. “Everyone is depressed. You don’t believe it. It’s shock.”

“You cannot believe that’s going to happen,” Gabriel said. “It’s a good family, a happy family.”

Neither Gabriel nor Daniel could be reached for comment today by ABC News.

The U.S. condemned Sudan's court ruling last week, with both the State Department and the White House calling on Sudan to uphold its human rights commitments.

U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte, who represents New Hampshire, has asked Secretary of State John Kerry to grant Ishag political asylum.

The Sudan Tribune reported over the weekend that the country's parliament speaker, al-Fatih Izz Al-Din, downplayed the death sentence and said it was only preliminary and could be appealed in the future.

American Rushes to Sudan to Save Pregnant Wife From Hanging

Feral Nymph

This just raises so many questions.

Where the hell was this guy a week ago? Why isn't his wife living with him? Why didn't he bring her to the US?

Gracious Cat

11,650 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Pessimist

Where the hell was this guy a week ago? Why isn't his wife living with him? Why didn't he bring her to the US?

It might be a matter of money with both not arriving sooner and her not being with him in the first place.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Alsashia
Pessimist

It might be a matter of money with both not arriving sooner and her not being with him in the first place.

Not to mention visas

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
At least they're waiting until she gives birth. Then it will give these people time to try and save her, or at the very least piss them off enough for them to throw her into America with her husband.

Unless they're just gonna murder the baby because it's technically born of a "heinous relationship".

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mitsuki Horenake
At least they're waiting until she gives birth. Then it will give these people time to try and save her, or at the very least piss them off enough for them to throw her into America with her husband.

Unless they're just gonna murder the baby because it's technically born of a "heinous relationship".

Its a slippery slope because then who gets the baby? Its legally the father's, right? Well I wouldn't doubt if they put the baby up for adoption to some Muslim parents so that Christianity doesn't gain population. That seems to be the issue here.

Religion pisses me off so much. Religion doesn't make human beings decent. You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right. The world's worst murderers are those who saw the light.

So...God made everything, including love, so they are condemning this woman to die because she chose to love this man? Who ALSO believes in the God of Abraham, WHICH BOGGLES MY ******** MIND.

Judaism came first, and then Christians were like NAY NAY! You're way is wrong! We believe in THAT God, but you're way of interpreting it needs work. We'll keep your old book but add some of our stuff. Then Islam comes around and is like Oh! All that stuff is good, but Jesus wasn't the son of God, he's just a prophet, right? Our prophet is illiterate but we'll just take what he's saying at face value. I mean, can you believe that those Christians and Jews believe God carved out some Commandments on STONE and gave them to their prophet? HAH! Also, if you marry someone else that believes in our God, you know, the one that 1/3 of the world believes in, we'll kill you, IF its a different interpretation than ours.

What's the stupidest thing about this is...is that God, in all of these religions, is THOUSANDS of years old, and he's spoken to DOZENS of people across all of religious literature, but he gets it WRONG so many times! How the ******** can Muslims follow a being who has been misinterpreted for FOUR THOUSAND YEARS!?

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Alsashia
Pessimist

This, not to mention getting all the documents necessary for visas and passports, plane tickets, etc. I doubt the husband left his wife happily. It's really brave he's going back to try to save her. I hope she's granted asylum.
The religion of peace strikes again.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Kaiser Khorosho
Mitsuki Horenake

Its a slippery slope because then who gets the baby? Its legally the father's, right? Well I wouldn't doubt if they put the baby up for adoption to some Muslim parents so that Christianity doesn't gain population. That seems to be the issue here.

Religion pisses me off so much. Religion doesn't make human beings decent. You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right. The world's worst murderers are those who saw the light.

So...God made everything, including love, so they are condemning this woman to die because she chose to love this man? Who ALSO believes in the God of Abraham, WHICH BOGGLES MY ******** MIND.

Judaism came first, and then Christians were like NAY NAY! You're way is wrong! We believe in THAT God, but you're way of interpreting it needs work. We'll keep your old book but add some of our stuff. Then Islam comes around and is like Oh! All that stuff is good, but Jesus wasn't the son of God, he's just a prophet, right? Our prophet is illiterate but we'll just take what he's saying at face value. I mean, can you believe that those Christians and Jews believe God carved out some Commandments on STONE and gave them to their prophet? HAH! Also, if you marry someone else that believes in our God, you know, the one that 1/3 of the world believes in, we'll kill you, IF its a different interpretation than ours.

What's the stupidest thing about this is...is that God, in all of these religions, is THOUSANDS of years old, and he's spoken to DOZENS of people across all of religious literature, but he gets it WRONG so many times! How the ******** can Muslims follow a being who has been misinterpreted for FOUR THOUSAND YEARS!?

I think this basically summarizes what you're talking about.

Magical Girl

Old Blue Collar Joe
Pretty sure a Christian shouldn't talk s**t given y'all's history of genocide.

He who is without sin and whatnot.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Why wasn't his wife living in the USA with him?

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe

The difference, I think, is that Christians don't insist up and down that Christianity is a religion of peace.

*Shrugs* I mean, some Christians do terrible things in the name of their God, but in recent years, Islam seems to be upping the bar.

Magical Girl

Silvia Crow
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe

The difference, I think, is that Christians don't insist up and down that Christianity is a religion of peace.

*Shrugs* I mean, some Christians do terrible things in the name of their God, but in recent years, Islam seems to be upping the bar.
Christianity is a religion of mercy, and yet its followers deplore the word. He who is without sin...

Lonely Poster

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe

Most Christian societies are not as violent as they once were. Islam still has a lot of growing up to do.
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe

I'm looking for a recent story on a Christian that sentenced someone to death for changing religion....hmmmm.....nope. Not a ******** one.
But you keep digging up that history that we learned from and is over a century old because that's all you got to avoid looking like a tard...not that it helps you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff