Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Knight

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Lord_Ragnar
If you have not served you do not know how our minds work. Yes it is hard to see your fellow soldiers shot, but we are not trained to hate any one.

Yeah, that must be why we constantly see soldiers ******** with "hajis", getting excited about killing people, pissing on bodies, etc.

It's well-known that militaries must condition their soldiers to have an outgroup bias against whoever they're fighting, and that usually means making their pawns either hateful or fearful (there's not much difference) of the enemy. This war is particularly interesting, since the outgroup doesn't actually exist, yet it is so dehumanized and terrifying that people have no problem submitting to more surveillance and martial law in order to get rid of them.

Ok...This is kinda bullshit. This happened in the area I left 9 months ago...which pisses me off cause all the good we did do just went out the window. But this guy is basicy claiming he went insane or some crap. Yea war sucks been there done that but he had to have plan that out which shows he knew what he was doing...But i can relate, i will admit i have thought about it while out on patrol but i never acted on it. And as for us being "programmed" to kill and we are robots...nope. they train you to think this guy didnt do that. And as for calling them "hajis, towel heads, ect" i have and still do. But i do not call the PEOPLE of the country that...I call the s**t heads that shot at me that. The people of that country are as tired of that war as we are they honestly dont care. They just want to be left alone i dont blame them for it. I blame the extremist that hide behind a peaceful religion to spread their hate. But that does not give this man the right to kill families...Dont worry the Army will ******** this guy to no end. But the damage he did to the good we do over there is much more. The news doesnt show the actual go we do over there they focus on the bad. They dont show us playing cricket with the little kids are us helping the PEOPLE..they have to get their rateings... But war is war there is no such thing as a good war. If i was told i was going back tommrow i would gladly go and kill anyone who threatens the freedoms everyone enjoys im ranting...so yea
Box of NINJA
Ok...This is kinda bullshit.

Unless history is "bullshit", no it isn't.
Quote:
This happened in the area I left 9 months ago...which pisses me off cause all the good we did do just went out the window.

That's because the people that own you have no intention of doing good there.
Quote:
And as for us being "programmed" to kill and we are robots...nope. they train you to think this guy didnt do that. And as for calling them "hajis, towel heads, ect" i have and still do. But i do not call the PEOPLE of the country that...I call the s**t heads that shot at me that.

....And what's the difference? They're shooting at you because you invaded their country. If they invaded the US and took over, would you just sit there like a little b***h, or would you shoot back?
Quote:
But that does not give this man the right to kill families...Dont worry the Army will ******** this guy to no end. But the damage he did to the good we do over there is much more.

Again, what's the difference? How many families are without their fathers now because they happened to fight back?
Quote:
The news doesnt show the actual go we do over there they focus on the bad.

Probably because the country is a shithole compared to the way it was before 2003.
Quote:
If i was told i was going back tommrow i would gladly go and kill anyone who threatens the freedoms everyone enjoys

Ah, so Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Obama, etc.?

Tipsy Knight

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Box of NINJA
Ok...This is kinda bullshit.

Unless history is "bullshit", no it isn't.
Quote:
This happened in the area I left 9 months ago...which pisses me off cause all the good we did do just went out the window.

That's because the people that own you have no intention of doing good there.
Quote:
And as for us being "programmed" to kill and we are robots...nope. they train you to think this guy didnt do that. And as for calling them "hajis, towel heads, ect" i have and still do. But i do not call the PEOPLE of the country that...I call the s**t heads that shot at me that.

....And what's the difference? They're shooting at you because you invaded their country. If they invaded the US and took over, would you just sit there like a little b***h, or would you shoot back?
Quote:
But that does not give this man the right to kill families...Dont worry the Army will ******** this guy to no end. But the damage he did to the good we do over there is much more.

Again, what's the difference? How many families are without their fathers now because they happened to fight back?
Quote:
The news doesnt show the actual go we do over there they focus on the bad.

Probably because the country is a shithole compared to the way it was before 2003.
Quote:
If i was told i was going back tommrow i would gladly go and kill anyone who threatens the freedoms everyone enjoys

Ah, so Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Obama, etc.?
i was talking about the situation with this soldier is bullshit. I mean we can both agree this guy is a peice of s**t but personally i dislike the war and i think it has draged on to long, but it my job its what i signed up for..also most of the people who fight us over there do not live there. The people just want to be left alone. Every afghan i have i have talked to want to just be left alone be it us or the taliban. And Afghanistan is a lot better then it was before 2001. Schools are open heal care is not just one heal clinic in a city of 100,000. Yes the war has been a shity war cause of the tactics our enemy uses. But its a war, not a ******** tea party people die. I'm not trying to start some argument over a shity war. I hate this war just as much as anyone. We are not blood thristy animals who want to go kill every dam thing in sight. I hate this current government but i love the country. Im just trying to give a soldier's prospective on the whole thing. I have been there i have seen this s**t first hand and so before everyone jumps to some wild conclusion look at the all the angles.
Box of NINJA
We are not blood thristy animals who want to go kill every dam thing in sight. I hate this current government but i love the country. Im just trying to give a soldier's prospective on the whole thing. I have been there i have seen this s**t first hand and so before everyone jumps to some wild conclusion look at the all the angles.

Yes, but you are conditioned to hate the people you are sent to kill. Sometimes the conditioning doesn't work, sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it works too well and the person cracks.

Tipsy Knight

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Box of NINJA
We are not blood thristy animals who want to go kill every dam thing in sight. I hate this current government but i love the country. Im just trying to give a soldier's prospective on the whole thing. I have been there i have seen this s**t first hand and so before everyone jumps to some wild conclusion look at the all the angles.

Yes, but you are conditioned to hate the people you are sent to kill. Sometimes the conditioning doesn't work, sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it works too well and the person cracks.
true, ill give you that one some people cant handle the work

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Box of NINJA

You wrote "you are conditioned to hate the people you are sent to kill". This is what I did when I read that: rofl

Would you want them to love the people they are sent to kill? That would make as much sense as.....a money on your head!

Again, I rofl towards you for your glaring ignorance.

Shy Kitten

9,050 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
i cant belive it wow what bitches huh stressed

1,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Lord_Ragnar
Leeriel
Programming soldiers to be tough, fearless, straight, masculine, etc... is so awful.. then being exposed to death seeing your comrades die.. then to the point hating the killer's race so killing all the innocents and raping them.. such awful traumatizing psychologically disturbing reality.. I guess it seems why in the past japanese done it as well on our country killing and raping.. Idk who's to blame.. is it the demands of freedom that everyone wanted to achieve or the hunger for the recognition of power of a country...terrible... the morality and ethics is gone in the battlefield.. survival of the fittest it seems that was inculcated in a soldier mind...so awful...

If you have not served you do not know how our minds work. Yes it is hard to see your fellow soldiers shot, but we are not trained to hate any one. We are trained to fight hard to protect our fellow soldiers. Most of us do not want to rape, or murder civilians.

As a Veteran I served twice in Iraq and once in Afghanistan and i agree. This solider took a psych eval which we all have to before and after leaving a combat zone to come state side he was cleared by the army, and sent back, just because one person does something wrong give no one the right to condem the group as a whole, that goes for both sides. We are not programmed they do not want robots in the military, I feel for his family and the family of the 16 slain. There was something deeply disturbing in this mans head, that nobody could foresee. Im kinda on the fence about him facing the death penalty because of his mental state but he has condemned our troops to death.

Lady_DeVill's Husband

Dangerous Survivor

9,975 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Mihr the Merciful you are right, I still have battle buddies over there who I worry about daily.
VirginianRanger
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Box of NINJA

You wrote "you are conditioned to hate the people you are sent to kill". This is what I did when I read that: rofl

Would you want them to love the people they are sent to kill? That would make as much sense as.....a money on your head!

Actually, I'd rather just have people not join the military so they don't get sent to kill anyone.

As for my "glaring ignorance", you go ahead and believe that for now. Everybody gets one.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Je Nique vos Merdiers
VirginianRanger
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Box of NINJA

Actually, I'd rather just have people not join the military so they don't get sent to kill anyone.

As for my "glaring ignorance", you go ahead and believe that for now. Everybody gets one.

Hey, thanks for the permission to believe in what I want to believe, Professor MonkeyHead. And you go right on living in your dreamworld. Whenever we need a good laugh we'll just read one of your "insightful" posts.
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
VirginianRanger
Je Nique vos Merdiers
VirginianRanger
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Box of NINJA

Hey, thanks for the permission to believe in what I want to believe, Professor MonkeyHead. And you go right on living in your dreamworld. Whenever we need a good laugh we'll just read one of your "insightful" posts.

Why are you still talking to me? Do you need directions to someone who wants to read your shitty posts?

Since you're obviously so much more insightful than me, maybe you should educate me and everyone else on why it is that a soldier would go up and murder a bunch of people for no apparent reason.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Je Nique vos Merdiers
VirginianRanger
Je Nique vos Merdiers
VirginianRanger
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Box of NINJA

Why are you still talking to me? Do you need directions to someone who wants to read your shitty posts?

Since you're obviously so much more insightful than me, maybe you should educate me and everyone else on why it is that a soldier would go up and murder a bunch of people for no apparent reason.

First, watch your mouth.

Secondly, when you say inflammatory remarks you should expect a retort that will single you out as ignorant. To protest that only solidifies the charge that you are ignorant.

Lastly there are any number of reasons why a soldier in Afghanistan would do what he did. I'm not justifying his actions and I don't think anyone else was either.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
I'm one for conspiracies, so I would not be surprised if the soldier was an al-Queda infiltrator or something like that. I mean, there are independent Americans turned terrorists trying to blow us up.

But realistically, I would assume that the guy has either some harsh prejudices against Arabic individuals or was just crazy. They did mention that the base that he was trained at has a harsh history of having soldiers going nuts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff