Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Bloodsucker

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Gaian 50
The soldier reportedly entered the Afghan family’s homes in the middle of the night and opened fire on his victims in a killing spree. A relative of the deceased added that he then ‘poured chemicals over their dead bodies and burned them.’

The U.S service member is said to have surrendered to U.S. military authorities after entering the three homes, and is currently in their custody. Afghan president Hamid Karzai condemned the attacks as ‘an assassination’ and demanded an explanation from the U.S.

The attack could deepen strife between the two countries, as it comes weeks after NATO soldiers burned copies of the Koran – the Muslim holy book – sparking a violent protest that left some 30 people dead.

The shooting is the latest in a string of incidents to further strain Washington and Kabul’s already tense relationship.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai called Sunday’s shooting unforgivable. He demanded an explanation from the United States for what he called “intentional killings.” Karzai said in a statement that nine of the victims were children and three – women.

The White House expressed deep concern and said it was monitoring the situation.

The U.S. commander of the NATO-led forces in Afghanistan called the incident “deeply appalling.” In a statement, General John Allen offered his “profound regret” and “deepest condolences” to the victims and their families. He said “a rapid and thorough” investigation will be carried out and said the service member will be held “fully accountable.”

Wheezing Bloodsucker

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Gaian 50

Questionable Man-Lover

Programming soldiers to be tough, fearless, straight, masculine, etc... is so awful.. then being exposed to death seeing your comrades die.. then to the point hating the killer's race so killing all the innocents and raping them.. such awful traumatizing psychologically disturbing reality.. I guess it seems why in the past japanese done it as well on our country killing and raping.. Idk who's to blame.. is it the demands of freedom that everyone wanted to achieve or the hunger for the recognition of power of a country...terrible... the morality and ethics is gone in the battlefield.. survival of the fittest it seems that was inculcated in a soldier mind...so awful...

6,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Market Browser 100
Leeriel
Programming soldiers to be tough, fearless, straight, masculine, etc... is so awful.. then being exposed to death seeing your comrades die.. then to the point hating the killer's race so killing all the innocents and raping them.. such awful traumatizing psychologically disturbing reality.. I guess it seems why in the past japanese done it as well on our country killing and raping.. Idk who's to blame.. is it the demands of freedom that everyone wanted to achieve or the hunger for the recognition of power of a country...terrible... the morality and ethics is gone in the battlefield.. survival of the fittest it seems that was inculcated in a soldier mind...so awful...
It is a disturbing reality, it's almost inhuman.

Lady_DeVill's Husband

Dangerous Survivor

9,975 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Leeriel

If you have not served you do not know how our minds work. Yes it is hard to see your fellow soldiers shot, but we are not trained to hate any one. We are trained to fight hard to protect our fellow soldiers. Most of us do not want to rape, or murder civilians.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
That is just awful, what was that solider thinking when he did this. I know its hard fighting but that is unacceptable. I hope they do hold them fully accountable for what he did.

Man-Hungry Cleric

If you watched the video, eyewitnesses said that it was a group of drunken troops who killed them. But, the US claims that it was only 1 guy who did it to change people's perspective on the story. Imagine that these group of soldiers were like the ones who urinated over bloody corpses.

Oracle Pidgey's Significant Otter

Feisty Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Leeriel

I don't know, its not necessarily the implanting into their minds that they need to be the nastiest out there; because they really do. It's what they do with that knowledge to either benefit the innocent people around them or not.

Questionable Man-Lover

Lord_Ragnar

If you have not served you do not know how our minds work. Yes it is hard to see your fellow soldiers shot, but we are not trained to hate any one. We are trained to fight hard to protect our fellow soldiers. Most of us do not want to rape, or murder civilians.

I definitely don't but it seems it may or may not be true... still the external factors really does can predispose a person to do such things.. Coz Ive heard some people in the army really wanted to go home.. but they arent given the privileged because they oath to serve and bear the consequences..

my theory is, it might be possible that as good as a person was still there would be a moment in that person that could trigger his/her vulnerability that could lead to irrational decisions..

OMHO.. I can't really blame the army if they done such thing.. it might be reasonable.. though it is still morally wrong.. still I feel sad on their situation and to their families they left behind as well as their victims...

Questionable Man-Lover

rottingmaggots

I don't know, its not necessarily the implanting into their minds that they need to be the nastiest out there; because they really do. It's what they do with that knowledge to either benefit the innocent people around them or not.
it seems,,

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lord_Ragnar
ed you do not know how our minds work. Yes it is hard to see your fellow soldiers shot, but we are not trained to hate any one. We are trained to fight hard to protect our fellow soldiers. Most of us do not want to rape, or murder civilians.

If you take an already disturbed person and train them to kill, what do you get?

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."
Lord_Ragnar
If you have not served you do not know how our minds work. Yes it is hard to see your fellow soldiers shot, but we are not trained to hate any one.

Yeah, that must be why we constantly see soldiers ******** with "hajis", getting excited about killing people, pissing on bodies, etc.

It's well-known that militaries must condition their soldiers to have an outgroup bias against whoever they're fighting, and that usually means making their pawns either hateful or fearful (there's not much difference) of the enemy. This war is particularly interesting, since the outgroup doesn't actually exist, yet it is so dehumanized and terrifying that people have no problem submitting to more surveillance and martial law in order to get rid of them.

Mewling Kitten

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
I would "euthanize" people like him if that happened to my family...
It's this kind of nonsense that indicates that we need to end this war and hightail it out of small countries we shouldn't be in for this long. There's no excuse for killing civilians under any circumstance and especially not children.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff