Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Browser

Kim Haruko
Eveille
Kim Haruko
Kinny Fear
Kim Haruko
That's interesting. According to our mitochondrial DNA we also have the same maternal ancestor.
User Image

All life on this planet has a common ancestor.

Since I do not hold evolutionary views, I would have to disagree.

How can you not hold evolutionary views and yet talk about DNA and a maternal ancestor?

What I mean to say is I don't hold the view of, for example, people evolving from an ape ... or something. I do believe in genetic changes over time though.

genetic changes over time IS evolution @,@

props for at least using ape and not monkey though!
Another funny thing to add is that blue eyed men prefer blue eyed women

O.G. Tycoon

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
Skjolddis
Another funny thing to add is that blue eyed men prefer blue eyed women
Lol True that!
i think everyone is related but its where u are raised that makes us different..... o yeah and the size of our wahmbulance

Lonely Exhibitionist

Kim Haruko
Eveille
Kim Haruko
Kinny Fear
Kim Haruko
That's interesting. According to our mitochondrial DNA we also have the same maternal ancestor.
User Image

All life on this planet has a common ancestor.

Since I do not hold evolutionary views, I would have to disagree.

How can you not hold evolutionary views and yet talk about DNA and a maternal ancestor?

What I mean to say is I don't hold the view of, for example, people evolving from an ape ... or something. I do believe in genetic changes over time though.
That is the scientific definition of evolution.
We all began from the same square...... got separated on our journey ..... here and there natural disasters occurred thus separating for almost ever until discovery of war and destruction.....
after that peace conferences and all those peace talks which only few follows ...... then discriminating against each other by forming communities(evil communities) without realizing that they where once from the same parents...

world is just too sad... crying

NyanekoRei's Senpai

Shy Stylist

11,775 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
Long ago, the four nations lived in harmony, But all that changed...

....I'm heterochromatic with blue and green. Where does that leave me? e.e

...when the Fire Nation attacked...

Shirtless Cat

I'm proud of my brown eyes! cool
Blue eye color is a recessive allele, whilst brown eye color and other eye colors are dominant relative to blue eye color. Let's say that Blue eye color is represented with a small "b" whilst other eye colors are represented with a big "B". Because blue eye color is a recessive allele, to have blue eyes, you must have the alleles "bb"
If you have the alleles "Bb" you would have an eye color other than blue. Let's say for the sake of argument that with alleles "Bb and BB" you have brown eyes.

However, that does not mean your parents must have blue eyes, or "bb".

According to the punett square, if both parents have brown eyes but have a heterozygous set of alleles, i.e. they both have "Bb", then there is a 1/4 or 25% chance that the offspring will have blue eyes.

therefore, you theory is invalid. As long as there is a possibility that two brown eyed parents can have a blue eyed baby, we cannot ascertain that all blue eyed people are directly related.

However, we are all related because we are human!

Angie moo's Partner In Crime

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
User Image

Im so sorry... I dont know what came over me... Please ignore this post.
Retrauk
Blue eyes was a mutation... All blue eyed people are mutants. Good thing I have brown eyes.

I am not a 'mutt', blue eyed peoples' DNA is just unique. It sounds like you're discriminating against the mutants because of their eye color. And aren't green eyed people mutants too? I read an article that said long ago there were only brown eyes.
ch5b27
Blue eye color is a recessive allele, whilst brown eye color and other eye colors are dominant relative to blue eye color. Let's say that Blue eye color is represented with a small "b" whilst other eye colors are represented with a big "B". Because blue eye color is a recessive allele, to have blue eyes, you must have the alleles "bb"
If you have the alleles "Bb" you would have an eye color other than blue. Let's say for the sake of argument that with alleles "Bb and BB" you have brown eyes.

However, that does not mean your parents must have blue eyes, or "bb".

According to the punett square, if both parents have brown eyes but have a heterozygous set of alleles, i.e. they both have "Bb", then there is a 1/4 or 25% chance that the offspring will have blue eyes.

therefore, you theory is invalid. As long as there is a possibility that two brown eyed parents can have a blue eyed baby, we cannot ascertain that all blue eyed people are directly related.
That's rediculous. =.=

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25
Igor Nekrosov
Thank the lord for green eyes.

Actually, green eyes are a variant of blue eyes, so you're still related to him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff