Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kim Pil-Suk
Inamatus
I'm sort of curious as to why her story flip flops from her holding the teddy bear, and the accused holding the bear over her mouth as a gag!

I'm also curious as to why nobody will answer why she waited a whole 12 years till she knew he was famous?

Unless another article says otherwise (and I've seen other articles reporting the same thing as the one in the OP. I've yet to find an article that gave Le Vell's side of the story), the article in the OP says that she was allegedly holding her teddy bear and that the accused held a different teddy bear over her mouth as a gag. So there were two teddy bears involved in the story.

Two cases are possible: 1) it may just be coincidence that the girl decided to press charges 12 years later when he became famous. As Lupa said, many child rape cases go unnoticed because either they aren't reported or because they aren't taken seriously, which is sad. 2) Provided the girl's story is true and Le Vell is found guilty (but we don't know that yet. We don't know if the story is true or if this is like the Michael Jackson case where a family cried wolf), it may be a case that she realized she could get money out of this AND also cause public humiliation and shame for Le Vell. Let's face it, everyone knows that when a celebrity is found guilty of something, the public humiliation follows them for a long time and that such accusations can even destroy their career. There are people who hate certain celebrities so much that they would make up something that would negatively influence their career but also find a way to benefit from it. And then there are people who are just on the get-rich-quick scheme, like the family from the Michael Jackson case.
Except he's been famous since 1983 in the UK. Coronation Street is a very popular soap opera there, heck, it's known in the US too, even my BF has heard of it.

@Inamatus It is the same case that was dismissed two years ago for lack of evidence. Since then, she has altered her story and claimed to have been raped several more times, remembering them via flashbacks. Apparently, she first made the accusations after attending a conference by a motivational speaker who herself was (or claimed to be, not clear) a victim of child sexual abuse.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I don't know who this guy is but I googled him and he LOOKS like a creep. Put him away forever.
Misty Moonsilver
I don't know who this guy is but I googled him and he LOOKS like a creep. Put him away forever.

Oh so we judge on looks now do we? In that case judging by your facebook pictures you are a weirdo.

@Rattking, this motivational speaker wouldn't happen to be the same rape victim who openly admits to using her compensation from her rape case to become a model?

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver

Oh so we judge on looks now do we? In that case judging by your facebook pictures you are a weirdo.

@Rattking, this motivational speaker wouldn't happen to be the same rape victim who openly admits to using her compensation from her rape case to become a model?

HA! You're clearly looking at the wrong pictures. btw you're a ******** creep for trying to fb stalk me.
Misty Moonsilver
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver

HA! You're clearly looking at the wrong pictures. btw you're a ******** creep for trying to fb stalk me.

It was an example silly.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver

It was an example silly.

You aren't making any sense. Pointless to even reply to my comment. PeeWee Herman looked like a creep too. And look at what he did.
Misty Moonsilver
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver

It was an example silly.

You aren't making any sense. Pointless to even reply to my comment. PeeWee Herman looked like a creep too. And look at what he did.

You judging based upon looks if that's the case then 90% of facebook girls are prostitutes in training.

Devoted Hunter

Ever notice how people don't give a s**t if a grown woman is raped; but when a crime involves a kid; EVERYONE goes batshit insane?
It's kinda sad.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver

It was an example silly.

You judging based upon looks if that's the case then 90% of facebook girls are prostitutes in training.

More like 70% but yeah.

Dedicated Student

Ratttking
No, you are not going to trial but this other girl is and if she were to give such an inaccurate range of time over which the alleged incident(s) might have occurred the jury would be right to dismiss the case. The defendant cannot be expected to alibi his whereabouts for every single day that she was age 5 and 6 (or whatever ages she was), only the exact day(s) on which the girl claims to have been assaulted.

Ahhhh now I see what you are getting at. This is true. I can see why that would be detouring.
No news on the actual case to report as of yet 23:10 pm, guess the news crews weren't allowed in for today.

I'm curious to get the point of view from some of you who made him to be guilty in your mind by seeing part of the whole, upon the following statement.

newspaper
Mr Le Vell's lawyer cross examination began with the question why did you lie to the police about your telling your friends you read that a women became a model by saying she was raped?
Umeko the Lamb
Ever notice how people don't give a s**t if a grown woman is raped; but when a crime involves a kid; EVERYONE goes batshit insane?
It's kinda sad.

Ever notice how people make their minds up that somebody is guilty before having the full story?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Inamatus
Misty Moonsilver

I'm not sure, the article didn't say or give her name.

That poster is a perfect example of why the Ignore feature is a good thing.

Invisible Phantom

So I can't help but wonder what the significance of the teddy bear is. Raping a child is bad enough, but what difference does it make if she had a teddy bear? That doesn't make the rapist double guilty.

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Das Rabble Rouser
So I can't help but wonder what the significance of the teddy bear is. Raping a child is bad enough, but what difference does it make if she had a teddy bear? That doesn't make the rapist double guilty.
Maybe they are trying to garner sympathy for the teddy bear itself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff