Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Gerard Parkes, best known for playing Doc on the Jim Henson children series “Fraggle Rock,” died of natural causes on Sunday. He was 90.

Born in Dublin, the actor relocated to Canada after World War II and launched his career on CBC Radio in the 1950s. He began acting in television with a 1960 appearance on the series, “The Encounter.”

Parkes is also known for his role in 1999's “The Boondock Saints,” playing a bar owner (also named Doc) with Tourette syndrome. He was also seen in “The Littlest Hobo,” “Shining Time Station,” and “A Muppet Family Christmas.”

His agent Gerry Jordan said Parkes would often receive requests for pictures from fans who grew up watching “Fraggle Rock.”

“We would get loads of fan mail always asking for his picture,” Jordan told the Canadian Press. “It was one of those roles that hit a chord with kids and adults.”

On the series, Parkes played the only human cast member, whose apartment featured a small hole the lead to the Fraggle Rock world.

Parkes died in his Toronto retirement home, four days after celebrating his birthday. He leaves behind his longtime partner, Sheelagh Norman.

Peddles of a Rose

Wintry Dragon

Rest In Peace.

He was already old when I watched the series.

Sparkling Member

1,950 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gender Swap 100
What
No
I'm a grown man, I'm not supposed to tear up over deaths in television wtf cry

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Wow, and I thought he was ancient back on Fraggle Rock.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Well dang,rest in peace! :<

Dulcet Scarface

At first all I read was 'actor' and 'Gerard' and 'dies' and about had a heart attack, thinking it was Gerard Butler. NEVER HAVE I BEEN HAPPIER TO BE WRONG/MIS-READ.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
F a y t h - x
At first all I read was 'actor' and 'Gerard' and 'dies' and about had a heart attack, thinking it was Gerard Butler. NEVER HAVE I BEEN HAPPIER TO BE WRONG/MIS-READ.

OH MY GOD ME TOO! I nearly panicked until I re-read the title. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces