Welcome to Gaia! ::

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
ABC NEWS.COM
By RUSSELL GOLDMAN (@GoldmanRussell)
May 4, 2011
Two Virginia parents are being held today without bail in Gloucester County jail cells, still larger than the tiny cage police say they used to imprison their young daughter, feeding her so little she was forced to eat her own skin.

Brian and Shannon Gore are awaiting trial for the attempted murder of the 5- or 6-year-old girl as well as murder, after police found the body of another child buried on their property a day after discovering the severely malnourished girl.

The couple appeared in a Gloucester County criminal court Wednesday morning where they refused bond and did not enter pleas.

The couple were arrested Thursday, when police knocking on doors during a robbery investigation stumbled upon the caged little girl, naked and covered in feces and bed sores.

Cops returned Friday and after searching a shack near the couple's trailer home, unearthed the remains of a small child. Police have yet to confirm that child's age, sex or cause of death.

Authorities are still awaiting the autopsy report in the child's death, said commonwealth attorney Robert Hicks.

Gloucester County Sheriff's Dept.
Brian Gore and Shannon Gore are being held... View Full Size

Gloucester County Sheriff's Dept.
Brian Gore and Shannon Gore are being held without bail, accused of murdering one child and keeping another daughter malnourished in a cage. In addition to the caged girl, whose age police estimate at 5 or 6, police removed a healthy 2-month-old infant. Both children were placed in protective custody.

The caged girl, whom the Gores told police was only 2-years-old, was extremely malnourished and according to Brian Gore, 29, was fed a single Pop-Tart in the morning and another Pop-Tart or sandwich at night, said Maj. Darrell Warren of the Gloucester County Sheriff's Office.

She was so hungry her bones were visible and she ate her own flaking dried skin, Warren confirmed.

Brian Gore told police the caged girl had been born at home and did not have birth certificate, Warren said. He told police the girl had Down syndrome and cerebral palsy.

According to court documents, the girl's cage was constructed from a crib and Gore told police she had been there since last summer.

Prosecutor Robert Hicks called it "just the most horrible child abuse case" and said following today's preliminary hearing the case would go to the grand jury.

The couple, who were married in 2008, will enter pleas following the grand jury hearing.

"I am 100 percent sure Shannon will plead not guilty," said her lawyer Ron Smith.

Smith said Shannon Gore was not talking to police and would not disclose the content of conversations he had with his client.

He said "the general public has already convicted her" and said he would likely ask that any trial be moved out of Gloucester County.

Tim Clancy, the lawyer for Brian Gore, did not return calls.

Apologies if this is repeated. Honestly, after seeing this story all I can think of is, WTF WORLD? WTF

Truely horrifying.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-parents-accused-murder-keeping-starving-child-cage/story?id=13528448 full page

Fashionable Vampire

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
What in the ********...
what the heck??? man that is sooo wrong in so many ways

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
    ...People really do disgust me sometimes.

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
I'm so creeped out by this, it really makes my blood boil with rage. HOW ON EARTH CAN SOMEONE DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS? Not even to an adult but to such a little CHILD? I stare at their mugshots and I swear, I swear, it's like literally staring the devil right in the face.

Moonlight Explorer

14,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Wow...they're totally burning in hell when they die.

Learned Bookworm

what?????that's really wrong.....and maybe he don't have conscience....

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
I hope so too. They deserve to rot in hell for this, it is simply unforgiveable.

There is absolutely no theraphy that will possibly even come close to helping this child get through this, they'll bare the mental scars forever!

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Stuff like this happens way to often. I'm too jaded to feel anything.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Yeah I think people that can't handle kids don't need to have them.I am not having children because I don't like them,I can't handle tham because I have bad nerves,I'm bi-polar and if I had kids I would hurt them.I'm not the mama type,thats why I choose not to have kids and people like that shouldn't bother with the idea of having children.

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
At least you have the right mindset, that if you don't think you can bring children into the world without harming them, then you shouldn't do so. I greatly commend you for this.

Lucky Millionaire

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
crying
I cried, man.
I don't care if the kid had Down's or wings and a tail. That was inexcusable.
What, were they ashamed of their own baby? Humans are horrible monsters.

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
I don't know I don't think is was comfirmed, if anything if they did had Downs or such it make this story even MORE disturbing then it already is, if that's even possible.

I want to add to one reader's comment about wheres a lynch mob when you need one, and that it is unfortunate that they no longer exist.

Learned Bookworm

They really deserve to be in hell

6,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
If there is a Hell, it is reserved for people like this. I hope that the get the maximum sentence and then some without possibility of parole.

I also hope that the little girl will grow and recover from this trauma somehow sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff