Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Guildswoman

A Camera That Measures Heartbeats

This is a video link, no article - amazing camera and cameras used in airport security - Bill Weir of ABC New Nightlne gives his twitter account for feedback -

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I can't watch the video but several months ago I remember reading an article that detailed various technology they have for evaluating people at places like security checkpoints. In addition to heartbeat it included stuff like pupil dialation, facial recognition and a few other things to help them flag people who might be suspicious. There was also of course controversy about whether it was too invasive, whether it was accurate enough, whether it was profiling and so on. Still, the technology aspect of the article was interesting.

Playful Guildswoman

David2074
I can't watch the video but several months ago I remember reading an article that detailed various technology they have for evaluating people at places like security checkpoints. In addition to heartbeat it included stuff like pupil dialation, facial recognition and a few other things to help them flag people who might be suspicious. There was also of course controversy about whether it was too invasive, whether it was accurate enough, whether it was profiling and so on. Still, the technology aspect of the article was interesting.

The lin went to a Yahoo page, butt the video was from ABC Nightline, might be available on a different link. Nope - the abc nightline site (http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/) links back to the Yahoo page.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff