Welcome to Gaia! ::

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
There is another way to shut them up, just give them some whisky, they will be quiet the whole day then. wink
Juillet Matin
Huh. When I was in third grade she just made us move our stars for talking and sent us into the hall. Though if she honestly did tape their mouths shut, fire her. The students should have shut up either way, though...

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
The kid admitted that they were talking too much, which probably means they were being right little bastards. I don't see a problem here. We had kids at my school that should've been taped to their chairs, too.

Dedicated Student

BerserkLeon
He said, she said.
I'd bet that the school's telling the truth.

Duct tape would hurt A LOT and would probably leave some residue on their faces that you could look for. tape with less adhesive is not as likely to leave behind residue.

I don't know. Schools in my experience have a habit of not telling the truth.

In fact in one place here in gaia there was a boy that was physically assaulted by the teacher. The school informed the parents that it was just a minor problem until the parents say the security video. They were furious. She had banged him up against the wall and all sorts of stuff. If you want I can find it.

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
As I never been to school was homeschooled I must admit I can't really give an opinion based on facts and just that an opinion. I think if this did happen its a bit crazy if both parties didn't mind okay... but I think the teacher needs help if talking requires a gag.... Just tell em ta shut up and sit down.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lupa Fangs Makucha
BerserkLeon
He said, she said.

Duct tape would hurt A LOT and would probably leave some residue on their faces that you could look for. tape with less adhesive is not as likely to leave behind residue.

In fact in one place here in gaia there was a boy that was physically assaulted by the teacher. The school informed the parents that it was just a minor problem until the parents say the security video. They were furious. She had banged him up against the wall and all sorts of stuff. If you want I can find it.

No, that's alright. I remember that.
The reason I doubt this, is, as another user mentioned, the girl claims the teacher used duct tape and then another line of tape over her mouth, which wouldn't make sense.
The redness of her face, or residue, or lack-thereof was not reported.
I also find it odd that this is the only girl who got interviewed out of the group... you'd think a journalist would want to corroborate things that seem unusual.
If teachers had a bit more power like in the olden days, kids would be less stupid today.

Dedicated Student

BerserkLeon
Lupa Fangs Makucha
BerserkLeon
He said, she said.

No, that's alright. I remember that.
The reason I doubt this, is, as another user mentioned, the girl claims the teacher used duct tape and then another line of tape over her mouth, which wouldn't make sense.
The redness of her face, or residue, or lack-thereof was not reported.
I also find it odd that this is the only girl who got interviewed out of the group... you'd think a journalist would want to corroborate things that seem unusual.

This is true. I don't know why they didn't ask for witnesses.

Although duck tape doesn't always leave a residue and I don't know if it's just me, but stuff like that doesn't really leave redness. I know because I have had duck tape put over my mouth as a kid when I was younger. Actually duck tape on skin over a period of time will lose it's adhesiveness because of the oil on the skin. I wouldn't completely rule out that it didn't happen because there was no redness or adhesive left on her. (Or that it wasn't reported to.) It would depend the length of time it was left on, and if it was ripped off or not.

Still you again are right. It's weird that no one else got interviewed.
Uhm, Bishhhhh wheet? She should be aloud to talk, no matter how rude shes being.

Dedicated Student

AGeekyLink
If teachers had a bit more power like in the olden days, kids would be less stupid today.

They already have a lot of power to destroy a child. All they have to do is say a child did something and unless someone has proof otherwise the child suffers. I don't know why people honestly believe teachers lack power because they don't.

Magical Tree

While I am not calling this action right... You've got to admit, you've wished at some point to tape someone's mouth shut. (but certainly not their nose !!! )

..... This might sound bad but... I used to work at a school with discipline issues. The kids wouldn't listen to me at all. I would tell them to be quiet. I tried the countdown. I tried so many things. And one time, the most noisy student said, "Teacher, tape please." So I handed him tape - and he taped his own mouth shut! (HA!) I felt bad. But he wanted the tape and he gave me a thumbs up sign and then other students thought it was funny and copied him. It was quiet for all of 5 minutes...
I should say I'm a teacher overseas. And it was the voluntary actions of the students. I never did it. Nor have I ever hurt my students. The worst I've done is said "You're crazy."

Fashionable Reveler

14,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Hellraiser 500
My teacher when I was 11 used to do this to us, and it was probably the best deterrent for talking in class. This kid sounds like a brat who just upset that her oh so interesting conversation with her friends was interrupted.
Being a teacher used to be something that made you proud. Now teachers are almost ashamed of their jobs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff