Welcome to Gaia! ::

Undead Enchantress

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nooooo! Not Steve!

What a wonderful lad. He will be a brave and honorable zombie and I welcome him with open arms.

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
washu_2004
She Was Phone
Poor kid. A working smoke detector could have prevented this tragedy from happening, but I guess folks who cram 9 into a trailer aren't concerned much about health and safety.

The people who cram 9 people into a trailer usually do not have much choice about their living arrangements.
The adults' lives were obviously a series of poor choices, not the least of which was to live in an overcrowded trailer, or a trailer at all.

Tipsy Smoker

Why did the adults let a small child go back inside? :/

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Chahklet
Why did the adults let a small child go back inside? :/
Went through a house fire before with 15 people inside our family home, most of which were under age of 14. It got hectic and confusing when Plans and routines are never followed.

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
She Was Phone
washu_2004
She Was Phone
Poor kid. A working smoke detector could have prevented this tragedy from happening, but I guess folks who cram 9 into a trailer aren't concerned much about health and safety.

The people who cram 9 people into a trailer usually do not have much choice about their living arrangements.
The adults' lives were obviously a series of poor choices, not the least of which was to live in an overcrowded trailer, or a trailer at all.

Some choices have more choice involved than other choices , in most cases with people who earn a minimum income or less that a minimum income the choice is live in a trailer or live on the street. And with children involved the last option is not really an option.

I am sure that given a choice between say a basic double wide trail and a luxury mansion on Malibu beach (or even a nice house in the suburbs) they would not pick the former. But that is not a option either for obvious economic reasons.

And being poor is not exactly a deliberate lifestyle choice, more often than not it is forced upon people by circumstances beyond their control.

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
washu_2004
She Was Phone
washu_2004
She Was Phone

Some choices have more choice involved than other choices , in most cases with people who earn a minimum income or less that a minimum income the choice is live in a trailer or live on the street. And with children involved the last option is not really an option.

I am sure that given a choice between say a basic double wide trail and a luxury mansion on Malibu beach (or even a nice house in the suburbs) they would not pick the former. But that is not a option either for obvious economic reasons.

And being poor is not exactly a deliberate lifestyle choice, more often than not it is forced upon people by circumstances beyond their control.
Another poor choice they made was to have children they could not afford to house safely. Unless you are raped and imprisoned like that poor woman in Ohio was, having a child is always a deliberate choice in this country. Choosing to not have a smoke detector was their worst choice.

Charged Enthusiast

28,825 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
She Was Phone

That is just a horrible thing to say....yes a smoke alarm might have helped but the amount of ppl in the home doesnt matter, not everyone is made of money. So before you say hateful things...think it thru sad

Charged Enthusiast

28,825 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
She Was Phone
washu_2004
She Was Phone
washu_2004
She Was Phone

Another poor choice they made was to have children they could not afford to house safely. Unless you are raped and imprisoned like that poor woman in Ohio was, having a child is always a deliberate choice in this country. Choosing to not have a smoke detector was their worst choice.

ALSO, It wasnt just a bunch of kids in the house.

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Simone Lafonte
She Was Phone

That is just a horrible thing to say....yes a smoke alarm might have helped but the amount of ppl in the home doesnt matter, not everyone is made of money. So before you say hateful things...think it thru sad
Yes it does matter, as overcrowding is a general health hazard. If you can't afford to take care of kids properly you shouldn't have them.

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Simone Lafonte
She Was Phone
washu_2004
She Was Phone
washu_2004
She Was Phone

ALSO, It wasnt just a bunch of kids in the house.
rolleyes Wow, you can read. Next step will be learning to infer. Obviously the adults made the poor choices, the kids just had the bad luck to be under their guardianship. I hope the adults who let them live in that firetrap are charged with criminal neglect, endangering the welfare of minors, and any other charges that will stick.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff