Welcome to Gaia! ::

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
A 3-year-old boy in Washington state was shot in the mouth apparently by a 4-year-old playmate, law enforcement officials said.

The boy had been playing with his neighbor late Friday at his family's Lake Stevens home, 35 miles north of Seattle, when his "father heard a loud noise coming from the bedroom," a Snohomish County Sheriff's Office statement said.

The wounded boy's father told officers the bedroom door was locked and he forced it open, finding his son with a mouth injury. The father said he thought the boy might have been hurt when the door was forced open, the sheriff's statement said.

The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital where "it was determined that the three-year-old had a gunshot wound to the mouth," the statement said. The child was transferred to a hospital in Seattle where he was in serious condition on Saturday, officials said.

The kind of firearm involved was not yet known, the sheriff's office said.

"Initial information at the scene suggested that the four- year-old neighbor may have accidentally shot the three-year-old while playing, although the cause of the shooting is still under investigation," the statement said.

The families of both children are cooperating with the investigation, the sheriff's office said.

Last year, a 4-year-old New Jersey boy fatally shot his 6-year-old playmate with his father’s .22-caliber rifle in his parents' bedroom. Anthony Senatore, 35, pleaded guilty in October to multiple counts of child endangerment for failing to secure weapons in the home.

Link

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Thank god the boy wasn't killed. Doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't leave guns where your kid(s) can find them. Especially not handguns.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
Aw man, keep your guns away from children if ya have 'em. Looks like the poor kid will have to have some major reconstructive surgeries in his future.

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Get a gun safe so your kids won't get to the guns.

Tipsy Smoker

Who's gun was it?

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
*sigh* America, c'mon. It's not rocket science. You have offspring or have someone else's offspring over frequently, lock up your goddamn guns. Kids over that day? Don't choose that day to clean your ******** guns. Put them in gun safe. Lock it. Boom. No more kids accidentally shooting one another because they found your poorly 'hidden' firearm. I mean, I'm not a scientist and I don't have a fancy study to back this claim, but I'm pretty sure that it is nigh IMPOSSIBLE to shoot someone with a gun you can't even get to. I know, crazy, right? But I'm rather certain on this. And teach the little ******** proper gun safety and etiquette. Start really young and drill that s**t into their heads, ESPECIALLY if they are gonna be growing up in a household with guns. It's not as hard as everyone thinks to prevent s**t like this from happening. This is some basic s**t here.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Chahklet
Who's gun was it?

I want to know this too. eek

Smoker

Honey of the South
Thank god the boy wasn't killed. Doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't leave guns where your kid(s) can find them. Especially not handguns.

Yeah, whenever visitors come over especially with kids I put all of my guns in my closet and lock it. And just keep my Glock 42 in my back pocket. I've been to people's houses where they just leave their guns laying on their night stands, bed, just everywhere. I mean I do that too but not when I have people over. My brother came over one time and I was in the kitchen and heard a loud bang come from my room. Turns out my brother was messing with my Glock 19 and shot himself in the hand. As a soldier he should of known better than to pull the trigger without first clearing the gun stare Then when we got to work the next day, rumors got around that I shot him in the hand after an intense checkers game

Smoker

xXFurygeistXx
*sigh* America, c'mon. It's not rocket science. You have offspring or have someone else's offspring over frequently, lock up your goddamn guns. Kids over that day? Don't choose that day to clean your ******** guns. Put them in gun safe. Lock it. Boom. No more kids accidentally shooting one another because they found your poorly 'hidden' firearm. I mean, I'm not a scientist and I don't have a fancy study to back this claim, but I'm pretty sure that it is nigh IMPOSSIBLE to shoot someone with a gun you can't even get to. I know, crazy, right? But I'm rather certain on this. And teach the little ******** proper gun safety and etiquette. Start really young and drill that s**t into their heads, ESPECIALLY if they are gonna be growing up in a household with guns. It's not as hard as everyone thinks to prevent s**t like this from happening. This is some basic s**t here.

Or if it's going to be in their reach like in your dresser or something, at least put the lock that came with the piston through the barrel and magazine well. That's of course if someone doesn't have a safe

Quotable Prophet

xXFurygeistXx

But that infringes on our rights to have guns wherever we want, apparently. /sarcasm

5,350 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
What the Fudge!

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Poder De Honda
xXFurygeistXx

Or if it's going to be in their reach like in your dresser or something, at least put the lock that came with the piston through the barrel and magazine well. That's of course if someone doesn't have a safe

Locking it in a closet or lockable drawer works too. Locking the room that holds the guns also works. Removing the magazine helps too. It's really not as hard as people think it is to just do some basic gun safety when ya got wee ones running around, and teaching them basic gun safety when they are older so they don't do stupid s**t like point real guns at their friends, realizing there is a time and place for using a gun, and in the house playing is not it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff