Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Sweetheart

10,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
So these parents keep a loaded gun in the car (Which is illegal in most states), they left the safety off and had it in reach of a toddler? ******** yeah they should be held accountable.

The father had a concealed weapons permit. And it was a magnum that had no safety in the first place.
Retrauk
God Emperor Akhenaton
So these parents keep a loaded gun in the car (Which is illegal in most states), they left the safety off and had it in reach of a toddler? ******** yeah they should be held accountable.

The father had a concealed weapons permit. And it was a magnum that had no safety in the first place.

Then why was it not on himself away from the reach of his kid?

Rainbow Sweetheart

10,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
Retrauk
God Emperor Akhenaton

Then why was it not on himself away from the reach of his kid?

You'd have to ask him that. He made a mistake, that much is true.
Wow, that is heartbreaking. Can you imagine the the regret and eternal guilt the father will feel for the rest of his life? I think that tops any punishment by law.
They should be charged because they shouldn't leave their children in the car all alone.

Beloved Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Retrauk
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/14/3-year-old-boy-fatally-shoots-himself-in-car-while-family-stops-for-gas/

Sad isn't it? Discuss if you think the parents should be charged or not.

Stupid parents.
Dad should have his permit revoked.
Should have been locked in a glovebox or something at least.
Kid probably thought it was a toy gun.
Don't even get me started on leaving kids unattended.
That's just irresponsible.

Beloved Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
QuetzaIcoatl
Wow, that is heartbreaking. Can you imagine the the regret and eternal guilt the father will feel for the rest of his life? I think that tops any punishment by law.

It's possible unless the father just straight up doesn't care.
As sad and negative as that may sound it is still a possibility

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
THE ********?! This is like this 6 year old kid who had a handgun in his backpack and the gun fired itself and hit someone.
stupid people.
My father keeps a hand-gun in the house BUT he puts the loaded clip in a separate spot near the gun, NOT in the gun.

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
That really is so sad. sad

I agree that clip should be removed when gun is not in possession. Would prevent further tragedies like this one.

Tipsy Gekko

....God. emotion_facepalm

Oh, got a gun to protect your family, huh?

Yeah, sadly not from your own stupidity.

Generous Citizen

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
Where did the gun come from? confused
Retrauk
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/14/3-year-old-boy-fatally-shoots-himself-in-car-while-family-stops-for-gas/

Sad isn't it? Discuss if you think the parents should be charged or not.

If you're going to have a gun, keep it away from your kids, somewhere very safe. And teach them NEVER to go near it. Charge 'em with endangerment, I say. They're dealing with the loss of their kid, too.. even though it kind of was their fault. confused

Golden Gekko

They should be in some sort of trouble, but not arrested or anything. I'm sure it's traumatizing enough for them to have lost their kid like that, but to be in trouble too would have to be even worse to deal with.
Oh my god.. This is crazy.

As much as I would like to think of a way to get the parents in trouble I don't think they can.
The father has a permit to carry it. However it was foolish to leave it with two children in a car alone. Idiots.
Thinking about this makes my stomach turn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff