Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Gawker

article

An 18-year-old in Colorado is facing first-degree murder charges after allegedly stabbing her mother in the face and neck 79 times.

The teen's stepfather, Ryan Hoy, called Aurora Police to the home on the night of Aug. 28 when he saw blood pooling under the door of the upstairs bathroom. According to the arrest affidavit, Hoy told dispatch that police had already been called to the house earlier that day because his stepdaughter, Isabella Guzman, had allegedly threatened her mother Yun-Mi Hoy in an email telling her, "You will pay."

Guzman's biological father, Robert Guzman, also claimed he had a talk with Isabella before the 911 call.

"I went to talk to Isabella and we sat down in the backyard looking at the trees and the animals and I started to talk to her about the respect that people should have for their parents," Robert Guzman told 7News. "And I was trying to let her know that she should be obedient to her parents, not rebellious, that she should try to listen more and everything was going fine. In the conversation, I thought that I made progress. But obviously it didn't do nothing, because hours later, this thing happened."

While on the phone with dispatch, Hoy said that at first he was unable to open the door because Guzman wouldn't let him enter and he heard Yun-Mi Hoy say "Jehovah" before the bathroom door opened.

"Hoy then observed Isabella Guzman standing in the doorway holding a knife," the affidavit reads. "Hoy advised that he never heard Guzman say anything and that she didn't speak to him as she exited the bathroom... [she] was just staring straight ahead when she walked past him."

Hoy told dispatch that Guzman left wearing a pink sports bra and turquoise shorts, taking the knife with her. While performing chest compressions on his wife, Hoy said he believed his wife was already dead because she was staring blankly ahead.

When officers arrived on the scene, they found Yun-Mi Hoy lying naked on the bathroom floor covered in blood next to a baseball bat. An autopsy found that she had suffered 31 stabs to the face and 48 stab wounds to the neck.

Guzman was found by police the next day in a nearby parking garage and was arrested. She was due to be formally charged in Arapahoe County court on Thursday morning, but the judge was forced to push back the court date until later in the afternoon because Guzman refused to come out of her cell.

At the beginning of her hearing, 9News reports that Guzman was smiling and made faces at the courtroom camera. She is being held without bond and is facing charges of first-degree murder and two counts of a crime of violence.

Guzman, who turned 18 in June, will be charged as an adult and is eligible for the death penalty.

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
atleast she's charged as an adult....
Has she confessed? If she hasn't not to sound cynical or anything, but it's possible she's not done it or acted solely on her own!

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
And then she ran into my knife.

She ran into my knife seventy nine times.
Divine_Malevolence

Either that or somebody figured out how to get away with murder?

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I hope some day she realizes what she's done.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Divine_Malevolence

+Tip for the Chicago reference =3
When I hear about these things, I always wonder:

what was happening to the girl that drove her to this??
If the mother lived, would the assaulter have faced incompetence charges for stabbing her 79 times and failing to kill?

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
azulmagia
If the mother lived, would the assaulter have faced incompetence charges for stabbing her 79 times and failing to kill?

Now I want to change "Attempted murder" to "Homicidal incompetence".

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
first thing i thought of was lizzie borden. XP but no axe here.
sick...
domokun stargate

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
So I'll be seeing her on Deadly Women then.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
How the ******** do you even stab someone 79 times period... o_o; Crazy bitches.
this is way too funny

Greedy Consumer

JamesWN
How the ******** do you even stab someone 79 times period... o_o; Crazy bitches.
I know why

DESPISE OF THE BAD PARENT ******** DIE *STABSS over n over* obedience isn't some ******** motto a parent should be saying, they were quite possibly control freaks and If so I wouldnt give a ******** about them getting stabbed, though it would have ended better if the girl took control of her own life, and left the control freakish aprents to control freak with each other til one of them snaps and kills the other anyways lol. I would guess she felt abused because she attacked the face, which means she associated that person's face with terror, or pain, etc.

Parent's arent supposed to say 'obey' your kid isnt a slave, a parent is supposed to be understanding, and she had two parents, if they were both too ******** lazy to raise her properly this is obviously what they ******** get.

And now none of them are going to say, where were the parents? None of them are going to question the actions of the parents either, because they are 'victims' yeah a victim 18 years in their ******** making.

And the convo is out of context, I really shouldn't judge how stupid this is yet. I doubt even a jury could though. THey will be like, int heir minds, 'I dont want to be a victim, itd be horrible, so I am going to give the obvious vote, guilty' imagine if everyone was smart, they would have conducted an investigation into the parents to see how she was being treated, because people need motive obviously. Maybe they should just ask her why, but she is a killer, and the father ******** knows why, its why he is playing the 'i tried to help her' card. He doesn't want to be blamed for raising such a thing. If he were honest he would ******** blame how he raised her. He is playing on the jury's feelings.

But whatever. I should read more of it in case my blind stabby rage (lol joking) made me skip out some parts. So if it seems like I missed something, I probably did. But yeah, what drove her inane? The parents probably, but I might have msised something, again, so I'll check it out then correct this post maybe lol.

edit: yes the part I missed is her smiling at the camera lol, well this is obviously poor brain development lol, but the prefrontal cortex doesnt fully develop til 25 anyways, but yeah, I agree now, crazy b***h lol, but I still think the parents made her crazy. (but am open to the idea of it being genetic lol)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff