Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Fightin Prototype
Dr Jin Love
Super Fightin Prototype
sltttbrgr
That's pretty ******** hard when you're being bullied.
You don't just ignore bullying, it's not just a thing you tune out.
If they then persists with the bullying through the internet, turning off your computer doesn't make you feel better.

I hope that when you step on a lego it's barefoot.

After a certain point, it becomes almost impossible to ignore.
X

User Image

This right here is very true.

It's hard to ignore a bully, especially when it becomes physical. I remember back in middle school and high school, I was pushed, my shirt was always tugged at, and at one point someone sprayed perfume in my eyes in art class. Not easy to ignore someone when you are in pain, especially both physically and mentally.

No one should ever have to put up with that sorta thing. It's not easy to just walk away from it.

User Image

Definitely. It's unfortunate adults don't realize that, and bullies can use zero tolerance policies against their victim even if it means they get expelled as well.

Oftentimes the people working at the schools are either too frightened to do anything, or are powerless to stop it. There are so many policies they have to jump through like flaming hoops. Also if any of the bullying happens off school grounds (i.e- bus stop, online) they cannot do anything. Dealt with four years of that crap when my sister was harassed by some punk and his friends at high school.

Even though the kid would be sent to the principals office for harassing her, or getting his friends in on it - it got to the point where they only sent him out with a warning. They couldn't do anything, they expected his parents to do something but they were just as awful as he was. Also a lot of the harassment was online, and despite everything being saved and documented - the school refused to touch it. So pretty much my sister was left to fend for herself :/

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
THESE STORIES ARE BEGINNING TO SOUND A BIT REDUNDANT. TOO BAD WE CAN.T COME UP WITH A DECENT ANSWER!

Shameless Enabler

10,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Eternal Marionetta
Cyber-bullying doesn't exist.
Remember, there's a magical button that the elders speak of. You press it to make bad people go away.
Also, you can simply turn off the ******** computer and go read a book or watch TV.

As for the in-school bullying, you definitely shouldn't mind what they say to you. Even if they're picking on you for being gay. Hey! You're gay! LOVE IT!!!

I'm tired of seeing these kinds of stories. Please, for the love of Cthulhu... help yourself before you lose it!

I agree with you about cyber bullying.

Buuuut. When it comes to Irl bullying there is only so much you can "brush off". I for example had a hard time ignoring getting beat up and thrown into lockers almost daily.

Different people can handle different things eventually if your alone it really can become unbearable.

6,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
This is so sad! cat_cry I wish there wasn't so much hate in the world.. It just breaks my heart to know that stuff like this actually happens. I hope we find a way to stop this.
Amos-The-Shepherd
User Image Once you choose hope, anything's possible. ~Christopher Reeve

My prayers are with the family. -sigh- When will stories like these end?

"I laugh, I love, I hope, I try
I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry
And I know you do the same things, too
So we're really not that different, me and you."

I've been asking myself the same thing for years, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I was bullied in school, some of us are strong enough to ignore it and some of us just can't handle it. It really seems to take a huge tole on kids today. There have been suicides left and right in this generation of kids then previous ones.

Mega Cutie-Pie

He was taken off life support earlier today, I heard he had passed away but all the news articles I'm finding aren't mentioning that part. Perhaps there's hope.

LaGrande is a small town in very rural eastern Oregon. I'm sure being openly gay in farming/cowboy country was difficult and I'd bet he was one of the easiest targets out there. No, I'm not supporting the bullying.

I see everyone asking what more can be done, when will these stories end... etc.. so what are you doing to stop the bullying?

Devoted Flatterer

8,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Poor soul. Children could be so cruel sometimes...

Witty Phantom

sltttbrgr
Eternal Marionetta
sltttbrgr
Eternal Marionetta

As for the in-school bullying, you definitely shouldn't mind what they say to you. Even if they're picking on you for being gay. Hey! You're gay! LOVE IT!!!
I hope you step on a lego.

Apparently, you misread.
I meant you should love yourself for who you are.
That's pretty ******** hard when you're being bullied.
You don't just ignore bullying, it's not just a thing you tune out.
If they then persists with the bullying through the internet turning off your computer doesn't make you feel better.

I hope that when you step on a lego it's barefoot.

Sucks to be you, then.

I don't live near any legos.
******** off.

Dapper Dabbler

Eternal Marionetta
Remember, there's a magical button that the elders speak of. You press it to make bad people go away.
Also, you can simply turn off the ******** computer and go read a book or watch TV.

I'm tired of seeing these kinds of stories. Please, for the love of Cthulhu... help yourself before you lose it!

Are you serious? neutral
You do know that people can and will make multiple accounts JUST to torment people, right? And just turning off your computer won't make it go away. It's also giving more power to said bullies. And as far as "just ignoring it" it's really not as easy as that. Nor is "Just go get yourself some help!!!" easier said than done.
I agree with sltttbrgr, I hope you step on multiple legos.

Also, instead of just ignoring bullies, we STOP THE BULLYING!
and I really hope he pulls through. sad

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Teenagers are dumb and cruel as Hell. Which is why I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
It says that the 15 year old was still alive, right? I hope he survives. I really do hope so... I wish that bullying would just stop.
Poor guy. R.I.P
Eternal Marionetta

O yes. Let's blame the victim. What you said is no better than someone who says that to stop rape women just need to dress more modestly.

Fashionable Hunter

Madame Kovarian
Eternal Marionetta

Are you serious? neutral
You do know that people can and will make multiple accounts JUST to torment people, right? And just turning off your computer won't make it go away. It's also giving more power to said bullies. And as far as "just ignoring it" it's really not as easy as that. Nor is "Just go get yourself some help!!!" easier said than done.
I agree with sltttbrgr, I hope you step on multiple legos.

Also, instead of just ignoring bullies, we STOP THE BULLYING!
and I really hope he pulls through. sad

Me too. He sounds like a really, really sweet kid.

What makes me feel the worst about his/her post is that I used to go on Gaia and post the same things. (Sorry Vamp, by the way, if you see this. You were always calling me out on it and I didn't listen. It only really struck me when I hear how ugly it sounds coming out of someone else.)

PS. Not to sound like a creep but you're cute and your tits are bangin' in your sig.

Dapper Dabbler

kakteed

Me too. He sounds like a really, really sweet kid.

What makes me feel the worst about his/her post is that I used to go on Gaia and post the same things. (Sorry Vamp, by the way, if you see this. You were always calling me out on it and I didn't listen. It only really struck me when I hear how ugly it sounds coming out of someone else.)

PS. Not to sound like a creep but you're cute and your tits are bangin' in your sig.

Thanks. You have a cute puppy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces