Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Fatcat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Heckler 50
Bokee Gngr
I agree. I wish people would take these things seriously BEFORE there is something like a DEATH. I was bullied horribly in high school and back stabbed by a bully of a teacher and V.P. I was told if I didn't fight back then I wasn't helping myself and no one would help me...BUT was also told by the VP that if I did defend myself I would be suspended for 10 days and possibly fail the grade...which was crazy since I had great grades etc. but being a kid I didn't know that. I was also told that while I would get 10 days the kid who was bullying me, because they wereyounger, would get a warning and have to write sentences! That's right, they can punch me in the face, steal my clothes, money, homework, destroy my locker etc. and they would get to write 100 sentences...but if I punched them back I would possibly fail the grade! THIS is one thing that is a problem with bullying in schools...people assume that if you were standing up for yourself then it would end...and sometimes that's true but most of the time it causes more problems than helps. Same with "ignore them and they'll stop" HECK NO! Ignore a bully and they come back harder as they see it as a challenge. Uggh.

Thank you for proving my point. I used to be the middle school punching bag in my day. The school did the exact same thing to me, and even when I reported it to the deans like they kept telling me to, they never did anything to stop it. In fact, I remem one incident where some assholes stuck gum in my hair on the bus going home, and my dad cut my hair over it. I then was told to bring the gum in as proof that they did it, all the dean did was let the pricks off with a warning! The fact that when kids report something, and can also prove that damage was done, but are either blown off or lied to about the issue being solved is also another contributing factor to kids wanting to end their lives. And, I completely agree with you on what happens when you ignore a bully. All they do is come back to beat on you tenfold.

Popular Prophet

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
CorpseViolin
David2074
CorpseViolin
The ******** is the harm in letting your son wear dresses or skirts?!

Boys used to wear dresses all the time when they were young.
It was just more practical.
The "little girl on the right" is future President John F Kennedy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They are pretty practical; they allow pretty much all legroom. And some look just great emotion_c8

Welp, there's my fun fact of the day.

Conservative Genius

6,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'll say this much: Women can be masculine and men can be feminine, to a point. I have no problem if a woman likes working out her muscles and riding a Harley nor do I mind a man being a fashion aficionado and perhaps participating in drag contests. But most things in life need to stay "man is man" and "woman is woman". This is not without saying that bullying knows no boundaries. Bullying is wrong and shouldn't happen to anyone, period. But it's also like David said earlier:

David2074
So when it comes to messed up kids we typically get one of two kinds of stories -
1. The poor child who was abused by his parent(s) / relative / pervert down the street and everyone focuses their hate on the adult in question.

2. Johnny killed himself (or others) due to the abuse he got from schoolmates and everyone focuses on how evil bullying is. And if Johnny died in the process the parents are full of love and praise for their lost child and "How could people do this to our beloved child!?" Which often may be 100% sincere but it's also pretty much exactly what an abusive parent would say who is happy to have the spotlight of accusations on anyone else but them.
And of course everyone is quick to jump on the bully conversation because those are typically the only details offered in the news and it's a trendy (and legit) thing to hate on.

I think in cases like this, it would seem that the child was probably abused at some point and because of going through such a traumatic experience, it does something to their brains and therefore, they become confused about their "sexual identity" and resort to living like the opposite gender to cope with what they went through. And when this happens, we need to be there for those people and be able to educate other people on this instead of having them be homophobic and/or end up having their child bully children like Ronin.

My point here is that we need to be more efficient and quick in teaching children, hell, people in general, not to bully AND being able to identify when a child may have been abused so that they aren't exposed to more abuse because of the way they've chosen to cope with their abuse. It's easier said than done, but I do hope we can accomplish both of these sooner than later.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff