Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Disturbing Video Featuring ‘Hit List’ Against Classmates Lands N.J. Girls, 12, In Hot Water

PATERSON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A pair of 12-year-old girls are facing possible criminal charges after a video rant surfaced online.

As CBS 2′s Alice Gainer reported Thursday night, parents said it shows the girls threatening to murder fellow classmates.

The girls — one in front of the camera and one behind it — are seen on the video listing the classmates and administrators they want to kill one by one.

“Wouldn’t you guys think I’d be the best assassin ever,” one of the girls is heard saying.

“Stab him continuously in this area,” she can be heard saying in another part of the clip.

The pair laughs often in the more than 20-minute rant, but parents of the children named in the video said they are taking this seriously.

“My daughter, she woke up about four times last night, to lock the doors. She woke up with nightmares,” said parent Angelica Marrero.

Marrero’s seventh-grade daughter was on the list.

So was another woman’s daughter, who said a day before the video came out that one of the girls read a note aloud in school of who she wanted to kill.

“My daughter had called me crying hysterically around 11:30, telling me ‘mommy, this girl just told me that she’s gonna kill me,’” that woman said.

Parents said they can’t understand why the school didn’t do something sooner, so on Thursday they met with officials at School 27, a meeting even Paterson Mayor Jeffrey Jones showed up to.

When asked afterward he said he didn’t believe there was ever a serious threat to any students.

“I’ve not been given any specific details, but all indications are no,” Jones said.

The two girls were taken out of school and suspended as police investigate.

CBS 2 tried knocking at one of the girls’ homes, but no one answered. Parents said they want to see them get help.

“We’re concerned parents here — the child obviously needs help,” Marrero said.

The video has since been taken off YouTube.

Parents said they were told in the meeting that the two girls were receiving medical evaluation. Police would not comment.

link

Quote:
Two Paterson girls accused of making video death threats against classmates

PATERSON – Two seventh-grade girls from School 27 have been removed from classes and face criminal charges for posting a video on YouTube this week threatening to kill their classmates, officials said.

Authorities have not made public any evidence the two students actually planned to carry out the threats. But one parent at the school, Jackie Quinones, said the girls in the video named 10 to 12 classmates they said they wanted to kill and stab.

“It’s serious enough for us to have this investigated, especially because of the current climate we’re in,’’ said Mayor Jeffery Jones on Thursday afternoon, shortly after being informed of the situation by acting Police Chief William Fraher. “Let’s hope that it was just frustrations and emotions and they didn’t mean anything, but we can’t sit back and just hope.’’

Parents, too, aren’t taking any chances. Officials say parents whose daughters were on the girls’ hit list went to police headquarters on Wednesday evening to file terroristic threat charges against the two students. Quinones said some parents also have spoken to investigators with the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office at 401 Grand St.

Quinones said the two girls who made the threats had not been in any previous disputes with their classmates. “No bullying, no fights, nothing,’’ said Quinones. “I don’t understand it.’’

Quinones said her daughter told her the situation started on Tuesday afternoon during a classroom journal writing exercise. One of the girls wrote in her journal the names of students – mostly other girls – she wanted to kill, said Quinones. At the end of the class, the girl read her journal entry to classmates, but not within earshot of the teacher, said Quinones.

“My daughter said to her, ‘You want to kill me?’” said Quinones. “She said, ‘Yes, I want to kill you.’”

Quinones said her 12-year-old daughter, whose name she asked not be published, then went to the bathroom to hide. “My daughter called me from the bathroom,’’ said Quinones. “She was so scared she was crying.”

Quinones said she was working in Newark at the time but rushed back to Paterson and went right to the school principal’s office. She met with Graciella Ayala, who she said is the principal. Ayala told her the student who made the threats was being removed from the school and would not be allowed to return until she had been evaluated by a doctor, Quinones said.

But the next day, Quinones said her daughter called again from the school to let her know that the girl who had made the threats was back in the building, but in a different classroom. Quinones said she returned to the principal’s office and was told the girl had gotten medical clearance.

By Wednesday afternoon, another student in the class had found the threatening video on YouTube, Quinones said. The video showed the girl involved in Tuesday’s threats again saying she wanted to kill certain classmates, naming about a dozen of them, Quinones said. A second girl participated in the video, speaking off-camera about classmates to target, said Quinones.

The video was 21-minutes long and remained posted on YouTube until about 1:30 am on Thursday, Quinones said.

School district spokeswoman Terry Corallo issued a statement saying educators learned of the “disturbing video” on Wednesday.

“As the safety of our students and staff is our utmost concern, we immediately took action and removed these students from the school environment,’’ said Corallo’s statement. “We have been communicating with the parents who had children in the same class as these two students. We have assured these parents that we have taken this issue very seriously and are taking the necessary steps to address this issue.’’

Corallo would not clarify whether the students have been suspended.

“Additionally, the video has been pulled from YouTube,’’ Corallo said. “This is now a police investigation and they will have our full cooperation.”

Capt. Heriberto Rodriguez, head of the Paterson Police Department’s detective bureau, declined to answer questions about the case. “It’s under investigation,’’ Rodriguez said.

Jennifer Bedrin, the senior assistant prosecutor who oversees juvenile cases for the Passaic County Prosecutor’s office, confirmed that she spoke with family members of two alleged victims on Thursday afternoon.

“We are aware of the situation, but because it’s a juvenile matter and it’s an ongoing investigation I can’t say anything else,’’ said Bedrin.

When asked if there were any evidence that the girls meant to carry out the threats, Bedrin said she could not answer because she had not seen any of the police reports in the case, yet.

Aged Lunatic

For the love of CAKE get these two psychos away from their school, even if they somehow can't get a conspiracy charge against them going.

******** kids, I swear....

Loyal Exhibitionist

I'm not sure if they are just doing a joke in an extremely bad taste or are truly sick psychos with their laughter in the video, since the report said that they did not have any altercations or problems with their fellow students.

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
The mayor stated they were no real harm?

If they did hurt or kill someone it would have been "We NEVER saw this coming" and "Those girls were ALWAYS go respectful"

This is a warning that those two are sociopaths. Dismissing it isn't going to magically make it ok.
I know its been 10 years since i was their age and times are changing but GOOD LORD! First, it is normal for someone to have a little mental hit list of people you would not be too sad about leaving this Earth. that is not really serious but to publicly announce it like that and do it repeatedly is not funny and is not normal. It means you are a little 12 year old sociopath. burning_eyes

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Even if they were doing this as a joke or for attention its not funny. That was a serious thing to say and its good that the school suspended the girls. But I would prefer expulsion because if I was a student there I wouldn't feel safe having these girls in the same school as me.

They need help if they went as far as to rant on a youtube video about who they wanna kill.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
If they're terrorizing other students, they shouldn't be in that school at all. That goes way beyond bullying. No child should have to be afraid for their life when they're at school, whether or not the person threatening them is going to carry out the plan.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
There's two more people who will forever be on the unemployment line

seriously. Gets your acts together!

Friendly Wench

Quote:
parents of the children named in the video said they are taking this seriously.

I would to! If my kid were named in something like this I would want those little psychos as far away from them as humanly possible. It's always "But they seemed so normal!" and when you're given warning signs it's brushed off! This is why some violence in school is allowed to happen, because people let it happen! neutral

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Quote:
parents of the children named in the video said they are taking this seriously.

I would to! If my kid were named in something like this I would want those little psychos as far away from them as humanly possible. It's always "But they seemed so normal!" and when you're given warning signs it's brushed off! This is why some violence in school is allowed to happen, because people let it happen! neutral

I don't even know why people ignore the signs but you are right.

Friendly Wench

Bob Dobbs

Because they'd rather tackle the issue of little girls with bubble-guns and little boys throwing tator tot "grenades" rolleyes

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Bob Dobbs

Because they'd rather tackle the issue of little girls with bubble-guns and little boys throwing tator tot "grenades" rolleyes

Or the one about the pop tart.

If we can't trust adults to know the difference between reality and fantasy, who can we trust?

Friendly Wench

Bob Dobbs

I'm going to say little kids. They were clearly shaken by this, like the adults should have been.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff