Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Fatcat

Im not much for hunting, but people need to lay off the kid. He's not the worst person in the world for killing an albino deer in-season. As long as the deer is going to be used for lots and lots of deer burgers and deer steaks, then by all means just leave him alone and let him have his moment. If he didnt catch it, some predator probably would have anyway. Kinda tough being an odd albino animal in nature. Natural selection says white pelted animals survive best during the winter or areas where there's always snow...

Feral Loiterer

🐾 I don't get it, are people upset over this because the hunter was a child or because the deer had a pigment deficiency?
COCKATRlCE
🐾 I don't get it, are people upset over this because the hunter was a child or because the deer had a pigment deficiency?

Lets sum it up. Some people are upset because they think a bowl of sunflower seeds provides all the nutrients we're designed to need, and thus, we should never, ever consume meat. Now, realistically, the person that made that sort of claim sounds a lot like one of two types, the newly ordained vegetarian who is so beyond reason in their zeal as to make a member of WBC cringe at the fervent beliefs and attitude, or an older, more established vegan who is so far beyond the ability of functional thought due to starving brain cells that they scream at anyone that even has a bit of creamer in their coffee.
That's one group that is adamantly against this kid.

The second category is the kids that never hunted and have not one clue about what it is to hunt, or the personality of the typical hunter, or their aversion to any sort of waste with an animal.
Instead, they listen to so-called experts whose real world 'wild life experience' includes a trip to the zoo and they walked in some grass one day at a park.

And the religious crowd who more than likely have not one clue about the religious beliefs of a tribe, screaming in agony over the sacrilege of killing this holy animal. Now, keep in mind that most of those who are in such agony are the same ones that cackle in glee when something goes wrong for their chosen enemy, Christianity.
They're pick and choose the apparent downtrodden, and wish to castigate anyone they can to make themselves feel as though they are special, if only for a moment.

Feral Loiterer

Old Blue Collar Joe
🐾 I'm sorry, I should have clarified; other than insane extremists, why are people (i.e. the general populace) outraged over this situation?
COCKATRlCE
Old Blue Collar Joe
🐾 I'm sorry, I should have clarified; other than insane extremists, why are people (i.e. the general populace) outraged over this situation?

They aren't. It's just the extremists that are going off the deep end and running in circles and going to pee down their legs. The average citizen, especially where the kid is located? They are well aware of the hunters and their culture, and their only thought is 'damn, I wish I had some venison'.

Feral Loiterer

Old Blue Collar Joe
They aren't. It's just the extremists that are going off the deep end and running in circles and going to pee down their legs. The average citizen, especially where the kid is located? They are well aware of the hunters and their culture, and their only thought is 'damn, I wish I had some venison'.
🐾 Ahh alright then, this makes much more sense now.
The media made it out to be some epic national debate and that's what had me confused.
I mean hunters kill deer all the time so I didn't get why this was news worthy.
Especially when anyone with any exposure to science knows that albinism is nothing special and can be duplicated in a controlled environment at any given time...
COCKATRlCE

It upsets me when innocent things die when a life does not depend on it.
COCKATRlCE
Old Blue Collar Joe
The media made it out to be some epic national debate and that's what had me confused.
Especially when anyone with any exposure to science knows that albinism is nothing special and can be duplicated in a controlled environment at any given time...

It really made the news because you have an 11 year old kill a rare mutant. This also, since he hunted, brings in (God knows why) gun control. He bagged it with a crossbow, after all, but I've seen comments attempting to blame this on 'lack of gun control destroyed this'.
Those that issued death threats to the kid or wished ill on him, up to and including that fecal sample who wished he were mauled by a bear?
All I can hope for is what they wished upon him for participating in a legal activity have it fall upon them twice over and may their loved ones also share their fate.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
COCKATRlCE
Old Blue Collar Joe

It really made the news because you have an 11 year old kill a rare mutant. This also, since he hunted, brings in (God knows why) gun control. He bagged it with a crossbow, after all, but I've seen comments attempting to blame this on 'lack of gun control destroyed this'.
Those that issued death threats to the kid or wished ill on him, up to and including that fecal sample who wished he were mauled by a bear?
All I can hope for is what they wished upon him for participating in a legal activity have it fall upon them twice over and may their loved ones also share their fate.
You know what else really irked me? Those schmucks who dissed his skills as a hunter. A crossbow is not the easiest weapon to use, but he made a clean shot from a fair distance, yet these fools say he was just lucky. I'd like to see them hit the broad side of a barn with a bolt, ha, assuming they could even figure out how to c**k the weapon.
Ratttking
Old Blue Collar Joe
COCKATRlCE
Old Blue Collar Joe

You know what else really irked me? Those schmucks who dissed his skills as a hunter. A crossbow is not the easiest weapon to use, but he made a clean shot from a fair distance, yet these fools say he was just lucky. I'd like to see them hit the broad side of a barn with a bolt, ha, assuming they could even figure out how to c**k the weapon.

They have no clue about how difficult a weapon that is, or how damn hard it is to get within 30 yards with a crossbow. The kid is one hell of a hunter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff